UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> DVD's where to begin?

11/30/09 12:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rich Roccanova
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi,

I am a martial artist who is new to Coach Blauer's system. Thus far I have attended the Camp in VA and recently a PDR seminar. I currently own the Women's Self Defense dvd, original Panic Attack series (1988) and the audio's. I am looking to obtain a few more dvd's to assist me as a beginner in PDR. I am looking for dvd's that will give me a good foundation of drills to work with. What do you folks recommend out there for beginners?

Thanks
12/2/09 12:10 PM
Jake Steinmann

Sityodtong Muay Thai, Trainer
Rich,

The Women's Self-Defense DVD is actually the first thing I usually reccomend for beginners. It's a fantastic resource on the BTS system. So you're off to a good start.

Do you have prior martial arts training or experince? Are there particular areas you're concerned about or want to address?
12/3/09 9:22 AM
Rich Roccanova

Jake,

Thanks for the reply. I've been training since about 1980 -started in TKD then moved on to JKD and MMA. I am new to Coach Blauer's system and I want to have a solid foundation to start with from his system of self defense. Ultimately down the road I want to become a certied coach but right now I'd like to learn the system from the bottom up so to speak by starting with the basic drills and then progress to the more advanced ones. My goal at this moment is shore up my self defense skills for common street assaults. Thanks again!!

Rich
12/3/09 9:23 AM
Rich Roccanova

Edited: 12/03/09 9:23 AM
12/3/09 9:43 PM
Jake Steinmann

Sityodtong Muay Thai, Trainer
Rich,

I believe (it's been a while, things may have changed) that the Be Your Own Bodyguard package was required viewing for people attending the PDR Fundamentals course. It's a great package though, as I said, things may have changed since I attended that course.

For SPEAR Fundamentals, the S.P.E.A.R. SYSTEM EXTREME CLOSE QUARTER TOOLS: THE CLOSE QUARTER TOOLBOX, and S.P.E.A.R SYSTEM: FUNDAMENTALS dvds are both essential.

If you are ultimately interested in pursuing a cert, I'd contact Tom Arcuri, the Director of the PDR Team. He can probably help steer you towards the appropriate resources.
4/4/11 7:14 PM
newbieguy

Thanks for the recommendations on which dvd's to watch. I am currently a defensive tactics instructor at my department and would love to get a cert. to teach Mr. Blauers system
12/29/11 4:54 PM
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.