UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> Danny Green vs. Roy Jones Jnr. *Spoiler*

12/2/09 8:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OzLoco
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I realise this thread technically belongs in the OG/Boxing... but I'm too amped and wanted to post it in Aussie territory...

1ST ROUND DEMOLITION!!!

Had goosebumps - crowd going ballistic - Green unrelenting!! Man, that was one HELL of a moment in Australian sport, let alone Australian combat sport.

So freakin' proud - Danny was so emotional afterwards when his corner poured in. Loved every second - especially after Roy looked past Green to his next fight, all but dismissing Danny.

The Green Machine just iced the man Anderson "The Spider" Silva aspires to fight.

MASSIVE respect - congrats Danny!!!

Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
12/2/09 8:01 AM
OzLoco
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26433563-5009280,00.html
12/2/09 9:52 PM
OzLoco

WhiteWhale - im going to get lynched on here but i thought that shot looked to be to the back of the head

Actually, that was my first thought too. But then I don't know how stringent boxing rules are re: back of the head (like MMA and Mazzagatti really - hiyo).

Was watching the Contender:Australia and they seem to land a lot of back of the head blows without a warning?
12/2/09 11:25 PM
OzLoco

From Ninemsn.com

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=979210

Green slams The Man

Danny Green has lashed out at long-time boxing rival Anthony Mundine, describing him as a "piss ant" who only fought chumps and babies, while he was defeating the best in the world.

Speaking on Melbourne radio station Vega the morning after his shock victory over boxing great Roy Jones Jnr, Green exploded after being quizzed about Mundine's presence in the Jones Jnr corner.

"The guy's a piss ant, I am not even going to comment, he is insignificant," Green said.

"When you beat a legend you become a legend... He is busy taking on chumps and taking on babies while I am defeating the best in the world."

Green and Mundine have a long-established rivalry which came to a head in May 2006 when the two clashed in Perth. Mundine was victorious that night after outclassing Green over the full distance.

Last night, as Green answered questions about his plans for the future, Mundine was seen near the Jones Jnr corner gesturing for Green to take him on. Green ignored the publicity hungry Mundine's attempt to steal his thunder, instead suggesting that time with his family was the first thing on his agenda.

After what was the first defence of his IBO cruiser weight world title, 36-year-old Green is now eyeing the big money possibly on offer in the USA. Jones Jnr was lining up a re-match with Bernard Hopkins, a fight which could now fall into Green's lap.

"To take out one of greatest fighters of all time in Australia. It is going to go down in Australian boxing history," Green crowed.

"It is onwards and upwards. I didn't get touched, I don’t have a mark on me. That is a big thing for me."

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.