UnderGround Forums

ConspiracyGround >> Need help choosing a tarot deck

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

12/4/09 8:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Arodjohns
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For those of you who read, which one would you choose and why? The Sacred Circle Tarot ( http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/sacred-circle/index.shtml ) or the Gilded Tarot ( http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/gilded/ )
12/11/09 11:20 AM
cluster
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stick with the waite deck. Oldie but goodie. If you really wanna get old school, you can try to find a replica of the visconti deck, but those two are different art but nothing new.
12/11/09 3:36 PM
cluster
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

to answer the question you asked: I'd personally go with the gilded tarot deck. Looks like a good design and more fun to look at than the sacred circle one.
12/14/09 8:28 AM
Arodjohns
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My first ever deck was the standard Rider-Waite variety you can buy at Walden's with Tarot For Dummies. For some reason, I just didn't click with it. If it works for you, that's cool. I think with this stuff, it's six of one and half dozen of another.

A couple years after that I went with the Golden Dawn deck designed by Robert Wang and Israel Regardie and I've had some serious personal growth and learning with that one.

However, the issue seems to be that I'm so concerned with protecting the deck (as far as not letting anyone mess with it or transfer anything to it) that I find myself wanting another deck to use when reading for people.
12/14/09 10:00 AM
cluster

The reason I dig the Waite deck so much is that the cards each have a tremendous amount of symbolism in the pictures. If you want to use it it's there, if not, fine....(and as you use it and you pick up a little bit more there and there, the cards have more meaning). However, IMO most other decks are "well, Waite had X and the books I've read said that they represent this, so I might as well put these in too..." but they don't go much further than redrawing the cards....

I'd check out the Visconti deck if you're going to be using it with other people - it's got very cool art and should be sufficiently "moody" that other people will appreciate it.

Good call on protecting your nice deck - letting other people work with them does seem to end up in mangled cards more often than not.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.