UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I apologize for my MFC FIGHT

12/7/09 6:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DeanLister
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i appreciate the opportunity from Mark Pavelich and MFC in getting me this fight.

I hope that not everyone is too abusive to me in this forum cause I would like to apoligize for my fight against Leites. Even my own corner let me know that this is an abomination of a fight and my worst performance ever, so what can I say??? the first kick landed by Leites set the tone of the fight. While he absolutely beat me fair and square and I have no excuses, this is the blow (kick) that set the pace. This is my bad leg, my knee that I have always had problems with. This I guess is similar to saying in another fight for instance "he broke my eye socket" and I lost, lol so yes my leg was damaged in the first damm round, like I said, not an excuse but the reason I was so immobile and not able to do anything... well from my point of view. I must give my opponent credit and he has improved his striking to an incredible extent.

I perhaps "even though I bragged that I was (above having a warm up fight after a year off) should've taken a warm up fight lol, against a lesser opponent. So whatever anyone thinks, its all good. im a little in limbo right now and upset about my performance, but still I know most of you will say ill things towards me, most of you have never been in my shoes and I could say that none of you understand how it feels to lose such an important fight, but in all fairness, since I have been placed in the public light a little bit, maybe I deserve it so I do apologize for my performance only to my team (Throwdown Elite Training Center) and my friends who have believed so much in me. I don't know what I should say or what I should do. I will not enter the ring or cage again until I know that I will have a great performance. Life is ups and downs and I know that, I want to enter my next arena of competition knowing that I'm on the up and up. Hope all is well and everyone has happy holidays, in fact this will be my first holiday season in three years that I will have with my family, take care everyone,

cheers,

Dean Lister,
12/7/09 6:04 AM
StrictScrutiny
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/07/09 6:05 AM
Thanks for coming on here.  It takes a lot of courage and class to post what you wrote above.  Don't worry about the loss...things like that happen in MMA.  I'm sure you're going to train hard and come back with a vengence in your next fight.  :)
12/7/09 6:04 AM
TooRude
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/07/09 6:45 AM
Second...And everyone has an off night once in a while. Hope to see you back in good health
12/7/09 6:05 AM
PTM2020
1153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ not first

you'll be back Dean
12/7/09 6:05 AM
voorhees
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its OK Dean.Dont worry about what the UG thinks.

But its cool you came on here and let us know what happened.

I wish you didnt have a lingering injury like that,I can certainly relate.

Good luck in your next fight.
12/7/09 6:10 AM
DeanLister
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks for the support,

the world can be a dark place after a loss
12/7/09 6:12 AM
Easytarget
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck in your next fight Dean, i was hoping you could pull something out and improve your position throughout the fight. Leites' kicks did look real hard.
12/7/09 6:13 AM
ManhoefKOAnderson

Don't worry about the UG, most of these guys are noobs anyway.

For the guys who've been around forever appreciate all your fights! I'm a big fan of Lister myself! I remember freaking out when you had the cameo on the Jay Leno show!
12/7/09 6:15 AM
DeanLister

thanks for the support,

I will figure things out for myself and I want to deliver, I want to show my true ability,

thanks again for the support,

DL
12/7/09 6:17 AM
explodingboy

It happens, and Leites is an absurdly gifted fighter, who lest we forget was fighting the greatest fighter in the world little over 6 months ago.

Nothing to be ashamed of.
12/7/09 6:17 AM
thembones
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It WAS a pretty boring fight, but it takes a lot of class to come here and apologize to the fans. You have a lot of skill...look forward to your next fight.
12/7/09 6:20 AM
purist
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Classy post.

Good luck for your next fight Dean.
12/7/09 6:20 AM
ShaqNoob
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dean, don't worry about it, enjoy the holidays with your family and come back stronger homie.

12/7/09 6:23 AM
Poopyface TomatoNose

Regardless of win or lose, the non-idiot fans know your talents and skills and appreciate your contribution to MMA as well as your world class grappling skills. I know idiots talk shit, but win or lose, I'm still a fan of you and you gotta remember that half of these idiots that talk shit would nearly piss themselves at the prospect of stepping in a cage with any professional fighters.....never mind making it to a decision with world class guys like Arona, Marquardt, Okami, Leites, etc.

I mean, you've won 4/6 times in the UFC, only went to a decision that when winning 2X, all other times finished the other guys, and never been finished yourself, so I say you deserve ridiculous props compared to the keyboard warriors who ridicule you. Fuck 'em.
12/7/09 6:33 AM
NorthFromHere
310 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Classy stuff by Dean. Get healthy and come back stronger.
12/7/09 6:47 AM
Blazing Knees

It is a dark place after a loss, but you don't owe anyone any excuses or reasons for the loss. It takes real balls to come on here and explain the situation with your knee, albeit it's not needed. You're a great fighter who always brings it, you'll come out of this even stronger. Good Luck
12/7/09 6:50 AM
DJuan Owens

It's all good Dean! Enjoy the holidays with your family and then come back stronger man. Make 2010 your comeback year. You gotta get hungry again man! Bring back that King of the Cage Dean who was subbing fools left and right!  Anyone who matters knows what you can do.

Oh yeah, in my last fight i was almost caught in an achilles lock and I used an escape that I learned from YOU in your '"footlock escape series". When I upload the video i will send it to you.
12/7/09 6:56 AM
handsup

hey dean...heard you got pretty messed up at west ed mall afterwards!LOL
12/7/09 6:57 AM
fabes
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huge balls for getting in there against a guy like Leites after a layoff like that.

You'll get 'em next time!
12/7/09 6:59 AM
Haywood Jablowme
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DeanLister - thanks for the support,

the world can be a dark place after a loss

in the grand scheme, it's just a fight, don't sweat it.

Be thankful that you aren't sleeping on a subway grate with a newspaper for a blanket and that you know where your next meal is coming from.

Have a good holidays, learn from the mistakes and make 2010 the year of the BOOGEYMAN!
12/7/09 7:05 AM
FortyKoatz

dont sweat it dude.
12/7/09 7:15 AM
kneedy

You should have had a doctor inject you with whatever they injected Kimbo's knee with for his fight(cortisone?) before your fight. You wouldn't have even felt the kick.
12/7/09 7:26 AM
beatjnkie

Is there a name for the particular half-guard sweep you kept trying?
12/7/09 7:44 AM
threestars35

nice job Dean! I hope you train kickboxing exclusively for a year in Holland cause that's one area you lack in your MMA career
12/7/09 7:45 AM
AlphaMale360

The fight was awful but not the worse that I've seen. Don't worry these things happens and everybody should understand that. Good luck in the future.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.