UnderGround Forums

Scott Sonnon >> Your various leg lock videos

12/7/09 11:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
the rooster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Scott, I just want to make sure I understand what you have on the mrkt. Are there now 3 series avl?

-mastering the saddle
-mma uncaged sambo for mma and
-sambo mma leg attacks

Is there an order to viewing and practicing these?

I'm trying to decide between mastering the saddle and mma uncaged sambo. Should one be viewed first or in order, etc.

thanks.
12/8/09 10:11 AM
Sonnon

Rooster,

Are you interested more in developing the lower-half positional game (Mastering the Saddle), adding in submissions to your arsenal (MMA Uncaged SAMBO), or entries and takedowns (SAMBO Leg Attacks.)
12/8/09 11:46 AM
the rooster

good question. I do bjj and judo and I got a couple of bulging discs recently. So I thought I could add leg submissions to my game as a way to keep the pressure off my neck for a while and develop the next phase of my game.

I really want to focus on submissions against guys playing guard (because my guard pass is tight and I use my head a lot and this will give it time to rest) and leg locks from my back.

I have read your promo's and I really like the lower positional game concept because this is how I learned bjj.

Of course adding submissions to your arsenal is the name of the game. Sounds like the first two should be my emphasis? Thanks.
12/8/09 7:22 PM
Sonnon

Sounds like MMA Uncaged SAMBO from Century would be best for you. But... even though you'll be down at the legs, he will most often be able to reach your neck. It's a desperation attempt, since he won't be able to use your neck to break your position, but he can still aggravate your neck if you're dealing with bulging discs. Just take it easy until you've recouped and check out the McKensie technique on google for the neck. It's like magic. 10 times / day, 10 reps / time, and you'll see dramatic improvement in 2-3 days.
12/8/09 9:40 PM
the rooster

Hey man, awesome. Thanks!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.