UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Darrill Schoonover= What happened dude?

12/7/09 6:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Blazing Knees
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I for one, did not care for Rampages "joke" gone too far, with Darrill. He was suppossed to be a coach, but instead, pretty much marked the man for life by calling him "tiddies" ad nauseum.I was really pulling for him against mcweety the other nite, but

Darrill weighed in at 260, up from the 235 he was at on TUF.

I found this pic on the interwebz...................

What's going on with this guy?

12/7/09 6:39 PM
Mica Kizbig
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It seems he is losing the battle to his inner demons.
12/7/09 6:40 PM
ClayM
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I am not mistaken he has been recalled to active duty and is heading to Afghanistan. That whole going to war thing may have distracted him from training.
12/7/09 6:41 PM
jsferris
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saddest thing I read on here is that Rampage was Darril's favorite fighter, before he met him on the show..
12/7/09 6:44 PM
Jack Skellington
779 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChokeEmOut -  Yeah, being called back probably made him just give the fuck up mentally because there is absolutely no other reason why he should show up to a real UFC fight 30lbs heavier than on TUF.

30 pounds? Try 50. He had to CUT WEIGHT to get down to the 265lbs limit.
12/7/09 6:45 PM
ajsr
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Country took this skinny little kid under his chicken wing and showed him the way to the promise land
12/7/09 6:47 PM
Steve4192
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blazing Knees -  Darrill weighed in at 260, up from the 235 he was at on TUF.

I'm pretty sure he weighed in just north of 250 for his TUF fights, not 235.
12/7/09 6:47 PM
GaymidaGaydan
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

too much drinking.
12/7/09 6:53 PM
knockoutfighter

The kid just turned 24, age will do that to you as well, though drinking sure won't help!
12/7/09 6:54 PM
Blazing Knees

IrishRottie - 
jsferris - Saddest thing I read on here is that Rampage was Darril's favorite fighter, before he met him on the show..

wow. thats pretty lame.

I read that too.
12/7/09 6:55 PM
Blazing Knees

knockoutfighter - The kid just turned 24, age will do that to you as well, though drinking sure won't help!
24? Age has nothing to do with this. I think I remember him saying something about drinking a lot. I hope this guy is ok.

12/7/09 6:57 PM
Blazing Knees

I don't hardly ever remember him smiling on the show....
12/7/09 7:00 PM
Steve4192
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blazing Knees -  

I don't hardly ever remember him smiling on the show....

It's hard to get into a good mood when some jackass is always in your ear giving you shit about your physique.
12/7/09 7:01 PM
Louco

My buddies and I drank alot in the Army, too much really. Tt made me balloon up my last year in (Laxed up, shorttime attitude, etc.). That first year out I really ballooned up. More Beer and less pt, haha. I can imagine, had I had to spend a year or so in combat zone, when I got back (And alot of soldiers too) we'd be full of pent up angst.

That would whip us out of shape quick, if you know what I mean.
12/7/09 7:01 PM
Jack Skellington
779 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChokeEmOut - 
Jack Skellington - 
ChokeEmOut -  Yeah, being called back probably made him just give the fuck up mentally because there is absolutely no other reason why he should show up to a real UFC fight 30lbs heavier than on TUF.

30 pounds? Try 50. He had to CUT WEIGHT to get down to the 265lbs limit.
wtf? he had to cut?

Daaaamn! Definately this going back to Iraq shit...

Yup, Goldie said that in the later stages on the fight.
12/7/09 7:03 PM
Blazing Knees

I feel bad for the guy, for some reason.
12/7/09 7:59 PM
BzGrappla

knockoutfighter - The kid just turned 24, age will do that to you as well, though drinking sure won't help!

LMFAO.. might be the dumbest thing i have read.

24 .. oh no its all down hill
12/7/09 8:13 PM
Legend Of Homer

He weighed in at 251 lbs on the show for the first fight. He might have gained 15-20 lbs but not 50.
12/7/09 8:21 PM
mikecard

IrishRottie - going to war, being bullied by rampage and humiliated on national tv for a few months didnt help. seems like a cool guy.

seemed cool?
12/7/09 8:28 PM
GladiatorGannon
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EPGScott - He is going to Afghanistan not Iraq.

I guess he's got nothing to worry about then.
12/7/09 8:32 PM
Leghound
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/07/09 8:32 PM
This is way out of left field and totally speculation, but is there a chance he intentionally ballooned up so as to not pass any pre-Afghanistan physical fitness test? Not sure if they actually have fitness tests anymore, but if he didn't want to go seems like it could be a way out

/tinfoil hat
12/7/09 8:39 PM
Harada

He said recently that the army makes you run all the time, and he expects to lose the extra weight. I was not too surprised he did not try to lose weight prior to active duty.
12/7/09 8:40 PM
BJJkilla
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

having to watch rampage refer to you as "titties" every week on national TV takes it's toll on you no matter how many times you say it won't affect you mentally. i feel bad for darrill because now he's going to be known as "titties" everywhere he goes.
12/7/09 8:43 PM
GladiatorGannon
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Harada - He said recently that the army makes you run all the time, and he expects to lose the extra weight. I was not too surprised he did not try to lose weight prior to active duty.

You're not surprised he didn't try to lose weight for one of the biggest bouts of his life, on live TV?
12/7/09 8:55 PM
Harada

GladiatorGannon - 
Harada - He said recently that the army makes you run all the time, and he expects to lose the extra weight. I was not too surprised he did not try to lose weight prior to active duty.

You're not surprised he didn't try to lose weight for one of the biggest bouts of his life, on live TV?

During the interview, he sounded like he did not care to much about his weight, because he knew he would lose it with the running over the next year.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.