UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Rondo Music & Agile Guitars

12/8/09 11:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ryan Wood
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/08/09 11:25 PM

Has anyone here ever dealt with this company or its products? I'm looking to get a new axe and since it's the last one I'll be buying for hopefully quite a few years I'm being pretty nitpicky about the features I get.

I love the Randy Rhoads and King V shapes, but I want a guitar with 24 frets, high output or active humbuckers, a fast neck, and preferably an Original Floyd Rose. Some Jacksons have all of these features, but no neck pick up (huge Dave Murray fan, the neck pick up is a must)! Some ESPs have the neck pick up but are 22 frets or have no trem system, or have everything but are discontinued!

I gave up looking for an Ibanez, Jackson, ESP, Schecter, etc and started looking into smaller companies, and I stumbled upon Agile guitars. I was ecstatic to find this particular axe:

http://www.rondomusic.com/hornetpro6wh.html

# Light weight Mahogany flat top body
# USA Made EMG 81/85 Pickups
# Hardshell Case Included
# 25.5" scale 1 piece maple set neck
# Ebony fret board with no markers. Position markers are located on the side of the neck.
# 24 Extra Jumbo 2.9mm frets and a 13.7" (350mm) radius neck for fast play
# Grover Die Cast tuners
# Reverse Headstock
# Licensed Floyd Rose Tremolo <--Would prefer Original
# Width of the neck at the nut: 1 5/8"; at the 22st fret: 2 3/16"
# Overall length 45.5"; Scale length: 25.5"
# Width at the widest point: 17", body thickness at the edge: 1.5"
# Actual Weight is only 8 lbs

$599.99 USD

From what I can gather, they are made in Korea, but based on stuff I've read here and there, the quality is fantastic. You never know, though, the comments could be by some kid who just got his first guitar for Christmas and is shitting bricks about it, thus, giving an overly positive review.

Okay I'm starting to ramble on here! Does anyone have any experience with this company or its guitars? The price point is nice but to be honest I'm willing to spend around $1200 if I can find what I want, so the low price is not the selling point for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
12/10/09 11:30 AM
jman
588 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A lot of people I know (at least 5) have ordered from Rondo and gotten Agile gutiars. They were ALL amazing guitars for the money. I've played quite a few and have been blown away with the quality.

If you want a great guitar for an mindblowing price then get one of these. I've never heard a bad thing about these guitars.
12/11/09 10:48 PM
Ryan Wood
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for your input! I think I'm that much closer to pulling the trigger on this one...
12/11/09 11:10 PM
jman
588 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/11/09 11:10 PM
Good luck post pics if you get one.

I think they only sell what they have on their site and then it's gone. So if you see something you like, get it, because they might not reorder it again.
12/14/09 2:45 PM
Racer X
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I second jman's response. Seen half a dozen Agile guitars and every one was exceptional quality for the money.
12/14/09 9:19 PM
Ponyboy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Set neck for the win.
12/15/09 1:55 AM
Ryan Wood

Awesome, thank you guys for the honest responses. I hope they still have the Hornet in come the end of January!! Probably pay out the arse on duty from the border crossing but it will be worth it.

For the hell of it, here's a cover of a classic Maiden tune that I did earlier this evening. :3 I'm not the best at lead stuff but if you listen I hope you enjoy!
12/15/09 12:08 PM
jman

man hearing that brought back memories from 25 years ago, sounds pretty good

let us know what happens man and keep playing and practicing
12/29/09 1:16 PM
xander
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On youtube I've watched some very favorable reviews of the Agile Guitars. There Les Paul "copy" gets good comments. It's hard to a make a call until you're actually able to play the thing yourself, though. There stuff seems to be priced very affordable.
4/14/10 1:34 AM
sreiter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'm friends with terry kilgore...former david lee roth guitarist. he loves agiles and has about 5 he plays, when he's playing at home.
4/14/10 1:34 AM
sreiter

btw - i played his agile les paul - it was nice
4/17/10 12:31 PM
Racer X
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/21/10 1:47 AM
sreiter - i'm friends with terry kilgore...former david lee roth guitarist. he loves agiles and has about 5 he plays, when he's playing at home.

Wow, Terry Kilgore. I have the first Shrapnel compilation that has him playing with a band called Reddi Kilowatt, I believe. It's called U.S. Metal. I think the tune was something like "Liquid Lady".

5/3/10 4:18 AM
sreiter

he sells vintage tubes now...tubetramp

might take lessons from him...he's in the pasadena area

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.