UnderGround Forums

Michigan Underground >> Big House Boxing Gym - Lansing?

12/12/09 1:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
solidsnake
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Skull Punch Fightwear, CEO & Skull Puncher

http://www.bighouseboxing.com/

A sign appeared on the drive home from work today.

Anybody go there? Looks pretty legit. $45 per month for unlimited classes.
12/14/09 8:04 PM
Kyle Cooley
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Joe, one of the kids that we used to train with trains out of there. I'm not sure how legit it is, but I know Steve Barcelo went there a few times. I met the guy that owns it and apart from just being a boxing/mma fan, I'm not sure if he has any actual credentials, but I guess it couldn't hurt to check it out.

Let me know how things go.

PS: They're shooting a video for FIGHT Magazine at Legends tonight - I'll wear Skullpunch T-shirt and represent :-D
12/15/09 12:39 AM
Crabnation
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The grappling has to be legit. Check out this awesome new guard pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCNpy45ex_c
12/15/09 1:24 AM
Jdonw
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crabnation - The grappling has to be legit. Check out this awesome new guard pass.

That video has been run through the internet once before. Lansing is pretty much a wasteland of BJJ.
12/15/09 1:18 PM
mortician
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

do they want to be choked out?
12/15/09 1:46 PM
Kyle Cooley
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crabnation - The grappling has to be legit. Check out this awesome new guard pass.

*cringes*
12/16/09 1:28 PM
lansingbjj

I wouldn't say lansing is completely devoid of good BJJ schools. I have about 20-25 students right now, ranging from beginner to advanced (blues with stripes), training out of my basement. Shoot me an e-mail or check our website at http://www.magicbjj.com.

Matt
1/31/10 2:54 AM
nowaydo
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great class, Matt!

Robert
2/1/10 8:28 AM
fuerstma

Hey all,

I recently moved up to Lansing and have attended Big House a few times. As a caveat I only do Muay Thai, so take this for what you will.

While everything is different than what I am used to, it's still worthwhile going. I trained at Warrior Way for 3, 4 years and that was my only martial arts experience. Big House doesn't have as nice of facilities nor is the training as "good" as what I got with Matee but you will learn new things, you will work hard, you will get better. Just like anything else you get out of it what you put into it.

As far as training for MMA goes, they do have a pretty good amateur record from what I understand. But I don't really understand how that works anyways. Generally guys I see training hard that I think will do well lose, and often people who are lazy manage to win.

Feel free to email me if you have any specific questions - matt@nerdstuff.net.
2/4/10 5:26 AM
marcwolverine

Anyone have contact info for Bighouse? on their website the 'contact us' is underconstruction.
2/7/10 6:30 PM
dom10
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/07/10 6:51 PM
went to their website and the audio says they teach Mai ti, which is cool because i never went to bar tending school
2/9/10 5:52 PM
Train Judo

Mai Ti is Lethal!
2/9/10 6:12 PM
dom10
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

depends on who mixes it
2/9/10 9:12 PM
marcwolverine

lmfao

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.