UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Propose during belt promotion?

12/13/09 10:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
killthetraitor
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/14/09 12:43 PM

OK I GET IT, BAD IDEA. A bit severe with all the criticism but I could really care less. Ill do it in the same week and just make it a good week. oh and f*ck the UG for sure.
12/13/09 10:32 PM
jkd4200
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sorry to kill your high... but that would be really really lame....

your girl will not think that is cool or romantic...

unless you are proposing to your training partner?
12/13/09 10:35 PM
jkd4200

"Guess what MOM..... DAD..... I am getting MARRIED....!!!!

"OH my god..... how did he propose.....?????

"It was great MOM.... He got his brown belt...."

"what the hell is a brown belt...???"

"oh its a Martial arts thing..... anyways...he got his brown belt and then asked me to marry him"

"Oh?..... how...... uh...... romantic....i guess"
12/13/09 10:46 PM
killthetraitor
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh well, it was just an idea. I think its quite nice actually, it obviously wouldnt end there I would take her to nyc to a spa. I dont think it is how you do it, its catching them off guard. I dunno maybe it is a lame idea, then again so is plastering marry me "insert name" on a baseball stadium billboard when most girls could care less about baseball.
12/13/09 10:56 PM
Aleck911
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I say do it.
12/13/09 11:01 PM
killthetraitor

Edited: 12/13/09 11:01 PM
Aleck911 - I say do it.

Thank You ^. Its really not about Jiu Jitsu, its about it being an important time in my life. I want her to share in that night with something completely unexpected. Sure I could take her on a carriage ride through central park but i think that is so cliche and predictable.
12/13/09 11:03 PM
Train Judo

what a stupid fucking idea..
12/13/09 11:04 PM
TheRealJoker
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She'll always wonder why you didn't wait until your black belt promotion to pop the question.
12/13/09 11:08 PM
James Funaro
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a way to ruin a proposal, bad idea.
Bravo1
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would do it when you are leaving the place with her

"wow I have worked so long on getting this, this is one of the best days of my life, it could be the BEST day of my life...

pull out ring

Will you?"

then more romantic and shit
1800champagne

Unless you're proposing to Hillary this would be a huge fucking mistake.
12/13/09 11:09 PM
LoganClark
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm told that I am an extremely unromantic person, and I think that sounds lame. Seems too much about you and not at all about her. I'm also confused as to how you got to the point that you think catching the woman off guard is the important part of the proposal?
12/13/09 11:12 PM
Saku12
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How does your girlfriend feel about you training? If she is more or less indifferent it is a terrible idea.

If she is really into it or also trains than maybe ok, though I still think I would go with something else. Just seems to convenient.
12/13/09 11:14 PM
2ndJesusKO'dMe
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmmm, I don't think I am for this idea. You obviously know the situation best, but I would rather take her to a nice restaurant after it, she will think it is for the belt promotion, and you get the surprise anyway in a more romantic setting. Also, this lets you enjoy each moment on its own, instead of them blending together. 

Congrats, and hope you have a great night.
12/13/09 11:19 PM
Ajm1218
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why not follow up with a honeymoon at the Pan Ams? Nothing says romance like sitting in a gym all day watching men in pajamas get yelled at arbitrarily for no reason.
12/13/09 11:23 PM
TheBear228
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with some of the othe fellas, sounds like a self-centered proposal. The proposal is supposed to be about her, and whats important to her. Sorry if it sounds harsh, obviously your intentions are good. Just do it at a venue that is appropriate for what she would like and you will be fine.
12/13/09 11:35 PM
Stone Rolled
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't do this in that setting, in front of all these sweaty guys, after having her wait for an hour watching guys roll... If you want a surprise element, find a different way... Just saying... And there's two big things going on at once. One is your brown belt promotion, you don't want this thing to take away the steam of the proposal...
12/13/09 11:35 PM
green_machine
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would think it would just be awkward and uncomfortable for everyone else if you did it like that
12/13/09 11:39 PM
LoganClark
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2ndJesusKO'dMe - I would rather take her to a nice restaurant after it, she will think it is for the belt promotion, and you get the surprise anyway in a more romantic setting. Also, this lets you enjoy each moment on its own, instead of them blending together. 
12/13/09 11:41 PM
mmadent45
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If your near NYC there are a lot more places to take her that would knock her socks off!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/117619/ready_to_propose_the_best_places_in.html

Maybe some of it could be a little to cliche, but why not find something cool around the city.

Do it on News Years Eve in Times Square as the ball drops!
12/13/09 11:43 PM
Train Judo

Edited: 12/13/09 11:43 PM
I have been spending the last 5 years of my life training at the local Dave and Busters, well, I am about to beat the top score at donkey kong and when I do, I think I will propose to my gf..That way she can be part of this momentous occasion!!

Kong and Romance...Things I am king of!
12/13/09 11:44 PM
cwcoogan
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LoganClark - I'm told that I am an extremely unromantic person, and I think that sounds lame. Seems too much about you and not at all about her. I'm also confused as to how you got to the point that you think catching the woman off guard is the important part of the proposal?

Agree. Proposing while shes on the toliet would catch her off gaurd as well but it doesnt make it the way to go.
12/13/09 11:45 PM
hmb

I spent the last 6 years on MMA.tv, when I find a girl I will purpose to her here, and then use the email function to let her know. It will be so cool!
12/13/09 11:53 PM
DaveM
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unless she trains with you and its something that the two of you share, I would avoid proposing in that setting.

Think about it man; there are two moments (and only two) in a girl's life that they dream and fantasize about from age 3 on... Those two moments are their proposal and their wedding.

Both should be about her, not you and your hobbies.

If you really want to combine something special for her with an important moment in your life, then plan something for later in the day/evening, but don't do it at the gym.

BTW, I just checked with the wife and she said "Hell no!"
12/13/09 11:54 PM
hmb

3 things. girls also dream about huge black cocks.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.