UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> License Plate Bolt Sizes for G35

12/14/09 3:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dirtydingo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok, this is a very dumb question and I don't what's worse, that I don't know the answer or that I've been unsuccessful finding it with Google. I recently bought a 2006 Infiniti G35x from auction - this was partially due to the recommendations people made here so hopefully someone is familiar. Finally received the license plates but there are two problems. I don't know what size bolts I need to secure the front or back plates. In addition, I am missing one of the j-nuts on the back and am not sure what size to buy. The owner's manual didn't have anything listed and both AutoZone and Napa were rather useless. We don't have an Infiniti dealer in town otherwise I'd just stop by there.

Would my best bet be to remove the nuts, take them to a hardware store and try bolts until I find matches? Or does someone know offhand what size I need? Live in Minnesota and don't have access to a garage right now so would prefer to just find out the size without touching anything on the car. It's f'n cold right now..

Any help would be much appreciated!
12/14/09 4:23 PM
mad tiger

yes find matches at a hardware store..jeesuz dont be such a tard lol
12/14/09 9:58 PM
dirtydingo

Lol! But it's facking cold in MN and the damn things are pretty much frozen on. Was hoping someone would know the right sizes :-) Suppose I'll just have to buck up and pry the stupid things off.
12/15/09 2:55 AM
mad tiger

try a g35 forum. but prepared to be flamed by the a-holes for asking a question with out doing a search on the forum first.
these car guys can get pretty weird lol
Also by going to a hardware store you can also pick up some pretty trick looking nuts and bolts that will only cost you a buck. Just look at the different bolt heads etc.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.