UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> NZ fighter needs support after tragic accident

12/15/09 7:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tasseled One
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In the last few seconds of the last round on the Saturday 12th December, Haydn Clasby from Submission Martial Arts (NZ) suffered a serious injury to his neck. This injury was sustained in a controlled BJJ environment and was a freak accident.

Haydn broke one of his vertebrae in his neck and damaged his C5, C6, C7, he is paralysed from the shoulders down at present. At the end of this week they will operate and put a plate into his neck.

At the moment the Doctors are providing worst-case scenario information to us, but due to the complexity of the injury it is going to be a wait and see. So as we all sit here with all our fingers and toes crossed, the initiative has been taken and an account has been opened in Haydn’s name at Kiwi Bank.

The aim of this account is to provide funds towards the costs of Haydn’s recovery and to help his partner Gen and family as they take extensive time off work to support Haydn during his recovery.

Any contribution no matter how small would be greatly appreciated.

Following are the account details for anyone wanting to contribute.

Haydn Recovery – M E McDonald
38 9000 0109787 02

Due to an overwhelming response from our friends and BJJ brothers and sisters in Australia and around the world, a pay pal donation account has been set up by Wellington Black Belt Geoff Grant. This will allow people from outside New Zealand, who wish to contribute to Haydns recovery fund, the ability to donate via Credit Card online.

Payments will be made to "GSW Martial Arts" and will be transferred to the New Zealand account for Haydn and his family.

http://www.gsw.co.nz/haydn.html

Any support greatly appreciated.
12/16/09 7:07 PM
lach

I injured my knee last week and just had my second knee reco. I thought i had it tough but it would be nothing compared to what Haydn is going through.

Will certainly chip in! I believe our club will be gathering a donation at the christmas party this weekend.

All the best and i hope the operation goes smoothly!!
12/21/09 3:53 AM
nagagirl

Edited: 12/21/09 3:54 AM
www.facebook.com/home.php

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.