UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> Which 30.06 ?

7/28/11 7:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dentalninja
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roidz Rule, with all due respect, I disagree. You most certainly CAN go wrong with a Rem 700, as I did.

If I can guide ANYONE away from purchasing a new Remington 700, I consider it a mission. I threw away a lot of money on a very crappy rifle...granted, I may have gotten a 'lemon'...but based upon my research, it is not that uncommon.

Ruger 77, Savage 110 or preferably 10, Winchester 70. Sako. Howa. Tikka.

I would personally take an unissued Yugo Mauser 48 over any new Remington. What a wonderful rifle for less than $225, and the bolt is WAY superior. 8mm Mauser is no slouch.

IMO, any of the above is the way to go. If you've had a great experience with the Rem 700, good for you. I, personally, will never forgive them for the P.O.S. I bought.
8/6/11 4:24 AM
TheFirstDragon
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dentalninja - Roidz Rule, with all due respect, I disagree. You most certainly CAN go wrong with a Rem 700, as I did.

If I can guide ANYONE away from purchasing a new Remington 700, I consider it a mission. I threw away a lot of money on a very crappy rifle...granted, I may have gotten a 'lemon'...but based upon my research, it is not that uncommon.

Ruger 77, Savage 110 or preferably 10, Winchester 70. Sako. Howa. Tikka.

I would personally take an unissued Yugo Mauser 48 over any new Remington. What a wonderful rifle for less than $225, and the bolt is WAY superior. 8mm Mauser is no slouch.

IMO, any of the above is the way to go. If you've had a great experience with the Rem 700, good for you. I, personally, will never forgive them for the P.O.S. I bought.

Sorry but you MUST have purchased a lemon. The Remington 700 is simply the most basic quality 30.06 rifle out there.

It is a basic staple for all hunters and sniper/starters alike.

I actually cannot fathom why you are bashing this quality piece.

Perplexing.
11/6/11 10:56 AM
Hillbilly
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roidz Rule - You can't go wrong with a 700. One of the all time great guns. However I like to suggest you consider a Winchester Model 70 with a pre-64 action, also a classic rifle. I own both a 700 and a model 70. If you can find one at a good price you cant go wrong.

A 70 is what I want, but jeez they are proud of those things ($$$$$)..
5/1/12 12:00 PM
Focker101
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I cant say enough good things about my 70 as well
I would buy nothing else

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.