UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Just Bought a Juicer, any recipes or tips?

12/24/09 11:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jsteven
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All the fruit i have tried has been really good, mainly just wanted some ideas on which veggies work/taste the best and what ratios of each to use. Thanks.
12/27/09 10:30 AM
crescentwrench
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't think taste was a priority for people who juice.  In fact, I thought the goal was to see how hard you could gag but keep it down.  

I was watching Chef Academy and the head dude was juicing stuff and made his gay assistant try it.  The guy retched daintily.  The chef was just throwing stuff together at random.  I say do that.  After that I got nuthin'.

And eat the stuff that gets screened out to see how full you can get the toilet.  
1/7/10 5:20 PM
Jsteven
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol^ all the fruit combos i have tried are really good and i have done apple carrot but the vegetable juices i have made taste terrible. I have tried several combos and am going to keep experimenting but for now im just sticking with the fruit.
1/17/10 2:06 AM
cycklops
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I never liked the tomato based stuff. Carrots. I tried a bunch of stuff but it was some combo of carrots, apples, oranges, lemons, strawberries.

I tried the veggies and liked them but I OD'd on beets. Everything said take the beets slowly but I didn't listen. I felt like I got high.
1/17/10 8:29 AM
droc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got one at Xmas, just done fruit so far except for trying a carrot once with some apples, wasn't great.

DROC 
1/24/10 7:51 AM
droc

2 apples 1 kiwi, tasty
2/15/10 4:32 PM
thenino
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

droc - I got one at Xmas, just done fruit so far except for trying a carrot once with some apples, wasn't great.

DROC 

add ginger to that.
2/16/10 9:49 AM
droc

OK, I'll try anything once.

DROC
2/16/10 12:20 PM
Pito Chueco
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I eat carrots, I prefer them unpeeled. When juicing thought, I always peel them...with peels leaves a very different, bitter taste.
3/9/10 3:08 AM
HoldYerGround
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jsteven - lol^ all the fruit combos i have tried are really good and i have done apple carrot but the vegetable juices i have made taste terrible. I have tried several combos and am going to keep experimenting but for now im just sticking with the fruit.

Carrot juice is actually delicious on its own if you try it.

Try juicing:
2 carrots
1-2 apple
1 pear
small piece of ginger
mix in cinnamon to taste

I also add stevia (cold fusion ftw) and cut the whole concoction with water.

Tastes great.
3/17/10 12:44 PM
Zwingli
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What juicers are recommended?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.