UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Serra:"Not losing to a guy w/ a Tramp Stamp"

12/26/09 4:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JT42382
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Speaking to Sherdog.com, Serra said:

“Frank is a dangerous guy. He’s an exciting fighter,” Serra said. “I always thought that he would be an interesting guy to fight. On top of that, he just has one of those faces that you want to punch.”

“Of course, I wanted Hughes again. He came away with the decision in May, and myself and a lot of others disagree on that point. It was such a close fight. But it is what it is. I’m not going to sit here and talk bad on him because the UFC doesn’t want a rematch right now. We did that; we fought. That doesn’t take anything away from this fight. When Joe Silva called me with the Trigg fight, I said, ‘Hell yeah.’ It’s a matchup that excites me a lot.”

“Look, when my career is over and done with, I’m the one who can look back and say that I was the champ. He got there twice and choked both times -- literally. I refuse to lose to a guy that has a [expletive] tramp stamp. You’ve seen his back, right? C’mon. No way am I losing to a guy that walks around with that.”

Trigg also had a few words for his opponent, replying with:

“I became a fan of Matt when he fought Shonie Carter. He was brutally stopped in that fight but bounced back and picked up some big wins. He’s a former champ, so you have to respect that. He also carries a lot of brass but certainly not too much class.”

“He’s in the twilight of his career. Unfortunately, when he loses to me, he’s going to realize that his days as a fighter are going to be limited. He’ll be able to go ahead and continue fighting in smaller, lesser-known organizations if he wants. Hopefully, he does so at 155. He’s small to begin with, but he’s definitely too small for this weight class and too small for me in this fight, as well.”

“This is a do-or-die fight for me. If I lose this one, I’ll definitely be out of the UFC, but that’s not going to be the case. This fight will go where I want it to go. I know Matt is good on the ground, but if I want to put him there, I will. He’s going to have a lot of trouble trying to take me down. He might have more knockout power, but I have better punching power. Matt is a tough guy, but I’ll have no problem finishing him off. This one won’t be left in the judge’s hands.”

UFC 109 will see two UFC “Hall of Famer’s” square off in the main event of the evening as the first ever heavyweight champion of the octagon, Mark Coleman squares off against a man who has captured gold on five separate occasions, Randy Couture.
source...

12/26/09 5:11 PM
Wrinkle
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"He might have more knockout power, but I have better punching power."

wat?
12/26/09 5:15 PM
HexRei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i have to agree. i mean look at his face.
12/26/09 5:18 PM
CRBMoney14

Dont care about this fight at all
12/26/09 5:20 PM
JT42382
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei - i have to agree. i mean look at his face.

lol
12/26/09 5:21 PM
The Situation

"I refuse to lose to a guy that has a [expletive] tramp stamp. You’ve seen his back, right? C’mon. No way am I losing to a guy that walks around with that.”

this is why i like Matt Serra.
12/26/09 5:25 PM
HexRei

12/26/09 5:28 PM
BJJkilla
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the tramp stamp reference was just gold
12/26/09 5:28 PM
da Vinci 81
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure plenty of people say the same thing about Serra's voice.
12/26/09 5:33 PM
JT42382

I think I will change the thread title from "face you wanna punch" to "refuse to lose to a guy w/ tramp stamp."  What do you guys think?
12/26/09 5:35 PM
wfc1273

Trigg sucks
12/26/09 5:40 PM
solidsnake
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Skull Punch Fightwear, CEO & Skull Puncher
Serra will be the first man ever to both fight and corner himself at the same time.

Matt what do I do here?

(secures half guard)

Nnnnicccccccceeeeeee.......
12/26/09 5:40 PM
HexRei

footstawmps!!!!
12/26/09 5:42 PM
JT42382

Edited: 12/26/09 5:49 PM
" Fwank Twinkle Toes Twigg"  -Mike Tyson

12/26/09 5:48 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/26/09 5:53 PM
jaseprobst
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's good to see two paisans be confident, but respectful.

I seriously think their bond is both of them dislike Hughes so much.

Be interesting to see this fight.
12/26/09 6:43 PM
doerksenfan
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

solidsnake - Serra will be the first man ever to both fight and corner himself at the same time.

Matt what do I do here?

(secures half guard)

Nnnnicccccccceeeeeee.......

LOL.

I like both these guys, but I'm not sure who to pick. It's interesting on the feet, with Trigg's southpaw stance & reach vs. Serra's right hand, but I have a feeling there will be LOTS of clinching. Trigg has the technique to get Serra to the ground, but I'm not sure he can hold him down like Hughes was able to. He kept Misaki down, so it is definitely possible. I don't see this fight being a back and forth war; either Trigg will outpoint Serra on the ground, or Serra will outpoint Trigg on the feet. Leaning to Serra, but ever so slightly..
12/26/09 6:50 PM
clear view

He might have more knockout power, but I have better punching power.

brilliant
12/26/09 6:59 PM
Mmanizzle

yep, they have to talk mad trash to sell this fight... Although both are good fighters, they've both plateaued and aging...
12/26/09 9:12 PM
THP

Serra below guido.
12/26/09 9:16 PM
Jack Skellington
828 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you know, I used to find Serra's smack talk entertaining

used too ....
12/26/09 10:27 PM
humphrey sphinctermuscle

it would be very hard to find two less relevant fighters that are still known than this.

who the hell cares about this? I liked Trig, back when he was a fighter, and Serra is just a midget with an attitude that got lucky.
12/26/09 10:31 PM
RaginRedneck169
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Situation -  "I refuse to lose to a guy that has a [expletive] tramp stamp. You’ve seen his back, right? C’mon. No way am I losing to a guy that walks around with that.”

this is why i like Matt Serra.
Agreed.  

12/26/09 11:29 PM
Poindexter
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whoever wins should get a rematch with Hughes, after Hughes loses to Renzo.
12/26/09 11:34 PM
BJJkilla
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poindexter -  Whoever wins should get a rematch with Hughes, after Hughes loses to Renzo.

i'm no fan of hughes but i see no way possible for renzo to win.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.