UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Smokin' New Years Eve

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

12/31/09 11:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pito Chueco
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Firing up the smoker for NYE.

Gonna do a pork boston roast for pulled pork, a pork loin stuffed with cream cheese and jalapeno, and a fatty.

Never smoked a fatty (the food kind), so will see.

I will take some shots if anyone is interested.
1/1/10 10:55 AM
Pito Chueco
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fatty sucked. Don't believe the hype.

Pulled pork was great though.
1/4/10 2:57 PM
drunkenfighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*waits for pics*
1/4/10 4:27 PM
Handsomejaws
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

smoked that last week.

10LB Pork shoulder, I started this bad boy at 6am, I smoked it with pecan wood at 250 degrees, pulled it off at 6pm wrapped it in foil and finished in the oven at 300 degrees with an internal temp of 195 degrees for 2 hours, a total of 14 hours. I used a beer(lager), honey and salt injection. The dry rub included dried chipolte peppers, paprika, brown sugar, kosher salt,garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, fennel seed and a dash of cumin. It was amazing, it didn't even need any bbq sauce added.

1/4/10 5:08 PM
Pito Chueco

I did mine 5 hours smoke in pecan, then wrapped in foil for another 5 hrs. All at 250.

I had an 8lb roast, bone in. The bone literally slid out, and the meat fell apart perfectly.

I went the easy way on the rub, just used spiced mustard.

Left overs are getting used for enchilladas tomorrow.

I used to love to smoke brisket, but pork roast have started to become my favorite.
1/4/10 5:09 PM
Pito Chueco

Oh, and I got a bit drunk and forgot to snap pics...next time.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.