UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> A Bacon Sandwich is the cure for a hangover

1/1/10 9:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kido777
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bacon sandwich

Theory: It is the hangover cure for many — its smell and taste often prove irresistible. Tradition has it that the bread soaks up the alcohol.

Hangover rating: 5/5 A recent study at Newcastle University’s Centre for Life confirmed that a bacon sarnie can indeed provide relief. “Bread doesn’t soak up alcohol but is high in carbohydrates that boost blood-sugar levels and speed up the metabolism, helping to get rid of alcohol quickly,” says the researcher Elin Roberts. “Bingeing on alcohol depletes brain neurotransmitters but bacon, which is rich in protein, contains amino acids that top these up and make you feel better.”

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/diet_and_fitness/article6966261.ece
1/3/10 9:39 AM
droc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

woohoo! Man science supported by real science
2/18/10 7:31 PM
billydeewilliams
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A Bacon sandwich is a great cure for not only hangovers, but also: migraines, broken hearts, toothaches, ED, jet lag, pulled hamstring, weakness, chicken pox, mono, low self esteem, and many other common illnesses.
2/27/10 10:05 PM
WaltJ
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe it.

Whenever I've been hungover (and there's been plenty of those times), shitty, greasy food ALWAYS makes me feel better.

I like hot coffee with ANYTHING having to do with bacon.  Hash browns are also a great food for hangovers.
6/11/10 10:13 PM
MoreSunnyD
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bacon can cure anything

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.