UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> Could the US be conquered if invaded?

1/5/10 5:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MoonBellyNoCanDefend
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

madmav - 
Frontin - Watching WW2 in HD, German occupied Yukoslavia, one man shot at german soldiers. The next day, german soldiers grabbed 35 men from the town and executed them to send a message to anyone wanted to rebel. How many of you would rebel knowing that you are putting your family and neighbor's lives on the line?

If the occupiers cut off our electricity, we will be fucked.

I just dont think we have the capabilities to survive since we are so reliant on technology.
soo i take it you never been camping?!!

lol..... OMG everyone is running and shooting but I have no electricity to make a hot cup of coffee and toast my bagel.
1/5/10 7:26 AM
FingerorMoon
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/05/10 7:28 AM
effinggoof - Brit's conquered and held down over 200 million in India, and they kept it conquered for over a century

And they never lost it.
Ghandi just figured out how to make the English feel really bad about themselves and leave.
1/5/10 7:39 AM
Justafriend
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Every empire has its sunrise and sunset, it almost always starts from within. The empire starts to disintegrate with different states claiming independence followed by a foreign invasion..
1/5/10 7:56 AM
CDarwin
824 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First, there is no nation even close to being able to invade the US successfully. (To INVADE and OCCUPY you need to be way more resourceful than the one you are invading.)

Seconds, this type of question always brings out the macho in us. In this case the OG-americans. But, I'm sorry to break it to you, US civilians wouldn't pose a greater threat to a foreign army than Iraqis, Vietnamese, Afghanis, Somalis etc.

Civilians in western society are so pussified (and that goes for conservatives and rednecks as well, regardless of how big your gun collection is) that it is a cause for major concern when recruiting to the armed forces. All western nations have this problem.
1/5/10 7:58 AM
CDarwin
824 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And, as for the gun question, in 1776 a rifle meant something in military terms.

A Glock or Desert Eagle or whatever in 2010 means close to nothing in a war.
1/5/10 8:05 AM
OBgrappler
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

too much land mass, small rural towns would be forgotten by troops, they'd also be the heaviest armed and have the easiest ability to defend themselves long-term.

Cities, Suburbs, large towns would most likely just have military present to show control, along with curfews.
1/5/10 9:17 AM
Tidbits

Sergek - 
Tidbits - 
Sergek - 
Tidbits - All of the survivalists, internet wannabe revolutionaries. wannabe red dawn imitators etc etc would shit their pants & run crying to their mommies as soon as they saw the first troops. Would there be pockets of resistance? Sure, but overall, the VAST majority of this country would fall in line under their new govenors without a peep. Believe it. Americans no longer have the will or the balls to fight.

LOL @ This bullshit.

LOL @ u believing in pipe dreams.

Guess you never heard of the American Revolution. Fucking Fagot. Read a book.

The revolution was how many years ago? Oh 234, when the majority of Americans were agrarian hunters who knew how to live off the land and provide for themselves and their families. Today the American idea of living off the land is driving to BJ's or Costco. Look, you internet wannabe survivalists need to get your head out of your asses and see reality. The reality is that while the American populace is the most well armed , the majority couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, don't own assault weapons, body armor, any type of anti-personnel or anti-tank weaponry and could not make an IED without killing themselves. This is fact. As I said, there would be pockets of resistance and probably very capable insurgent forces but no where near the level or talent of Iraqi or Afghani fighters. Without the internet, cell phones, department stores, super markets etc, the VAST majority of Americans would struggle to exist.
1/5/10 10:26 AM
Paintball
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big fatso - 
Paintball - "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto (Japanese Navy)

Browse > Home / The FactCheck Wire / Misquoting YamamotoMisquoting YamamotoMay 11, 2009 Advocates of gun rights often argue that in World War II Japan was deterred from invading the U.S. mainland by a fear of American citizens with guns in their closets. They frequently quote Japan's Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto as saying: "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."But this quote is unsubstantiated and almost certainly bogus, even though it has been repeated thousands of times in various Internet postings. There is no record of the commander in chief of Japan's wartime fleet ever saying it.How do we know? We contacted Donald M. Goldstein, sometimes called "the dean of Pearl Harbor historians." Among his many books are "The Pearl Harbor Papers: Inside the Japanese Plans" (1993) and the best-selling "At Dawn We Slept: The Untold Story of Pearl Harbor" (1981). He is a professor at the Graduate School of Public and International Affairs at the University of Pittsburgh. He told us the supposed Yamamoto quote is "bogus."In an exchange of e-mails he said:

Prof. Goldstein: I have never seen it in writing. It has been attributed to the Prange files [the files of the late Gordon W. Prange, chief historian on the staff of Gen. Douglas MacArthur] but no one had ever seen it or cited it from where they got it. Some people say that it came from our work but I never said it. ... As of today it is bogus until someone can cite when and where.
We included this in an update to an Ask FactCheck item we posted May 10, debunking an error-filled "gun history lesson" circulating by e-mail.We make no argument either for or against gun ownership.  But we do object to fabricating quotes and passing them off as historical fact.

I will edit my post.
1/5/10 11:35 AM
Fugazi

Edited: 01/05/10 11:36 AM
scab1 - 
So watching "Invasion U.S.A." is considered theorizing now?

You realize we're safe as long as Chuck Norris is alive, right?

I haven't the slightest idea what that is. I do my own research and it doesn't involve fiction.

I appreciate sarcasm and Chick Norris jokes but for shits and giggles you should look up the evidence pertaining to why we've allowed Castro to remain in power for so long when we seem to be able to overthrow dictators around the world whenever we please using black ops.

Cuba is what it is for a reason yet to be played out, imo(as wll as many others not named Alex Jones).
1/5/10 12:17 PM
cruize

it won't be to hard for another country to take over the united states, theres no real loyalty to this country. look around we have people from every country on the planet and when asked what they are they'll say something like their mexican,canadian,italian,south african,ect.
1/5/10 1:53 PM
hmeboy
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CDarwin and Tidbits keepin' it realz
1/5/10 1:56 PM
IDXtreme

We overthrow dictators around the world and yet Mexico remains an untouched corrupt shithole.
1/5/10 2:23 PM
Mohammed

gatotwopointoh - Look at the poor fucking Afghans who have jack shit and have been stomped on by everybody for a few thousand years. They are able to handle invaders pretty well.

The US has way more guns and the people here are even more warlike.

Lol @ more warlike... Americans are fat, and easily scared. I agree with Tidbits on this one. You guys highly overrate your countries abilities to defend themselves. Most people would fold and accept their new leaders IMO.
1/5/10 2:34 PM
nhbMIKE
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ people underestimating the average american, we are fat, lazy and pussified because we can be. if we were put into a situation we would adapt quickly. lmao at thinking we are easily scared, if our families friends and land was threatened you would see just how fierce we can be. even the biggest pussies i know would die to protect their families. anybody tried to fuck with us nukes or not would be in for a rude awakening.
1/5/10 2:56 PM
JolietJake

Edited: 01/05/10 2:56 PM
No. The Japanese once thought this. It didn't end well for them. See WWII for more.

/thread. Good post nhbMIKE. Agree.
1/5/10 3:06 PM
sacredhate
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The U.S. will not be invaded militarily...it will be invaded spiritually and culturally....just look how many personal freedoms have been lost to protect the freedom of the nation, how many double standards are in place in the form political correctness or reparations. I don't think these are bad changes...but the reality is that the American military serves to protects it's people's safety, rights, and way of life. While the military is fighting the politics and big businesses of the world and the U.S. are redefining American citizens rights and way of life.
1/5/10 3:11 PM
RobbieH

GladiatorGannon - 
RobbieH - Well, you have to remember that most of the people in the military that are at war right now are kids with 8 weeks of boot camp....

No they aren't. They go to AIT after boot camp. And the majority of people in the military have substantially more training than that.

Tell that to my Step Brother in Afghanistan, or the friends that have enlisted in the Military.... They are kids, that learn basics, and get thrown on the frontline....
1/5/10 3:24 PM
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So.....the answer is no?
1/5/10 3:35 PM
e. kaye

250 MIllion privately owned firearms say that is would be difficult.
1/5/10 3:40 PM
RobbieH

Edited: 01/05/10 3:41 PM
^^ Agreed...
1/5/10 3:43 PM
RobbieH

As NhbMike said, when put under pressure you'd be surprised how hard you can fight. There would be people that would break down, just as there are soldiers that do in war, but there are also many that wouldn't...
1/5/10 3:46 PM
Atecexa

"How long would Americans fight back like the rebels in Iraq?"

about a week

"Or would our dependence on technology and being spoon fed everything be our demise?"

yes
1/5/10 3:50 PM
hmeboy
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RobbieH -  As NhbMike said, when put under pressure you'd be surprised how hard you can fight. There would be people that would break down, just as there are soldiers that do in war, but there are also many that wouldn't...

Plus you'd have bloods, crips, mafioso with tommyguns and COD:MW2 playing teenagers on your side.
1/5/10 4:13 PM
OBgrappler
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how many people know how to shoot well and maintain a gun? how many people know their surroundings well enough to set ambushes and get away safe?

if america were invaded it would result in a large amount of people in Affliction shirts dead.
1/5/10 4:14 PM
Frontin
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tidbits-

The revolution was how many years ago? Oh 234, when the majority of Americans were agrarian hunters who knew how to live off the land and provide for themselves and their families. Today the American idea of living off the land is driving to BJ's or Costco. Look, you internet wannabe survivalists need to get your head out of your asses and see reality. The reality is that while the American populace is the most well armed , the majority couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, don't own assault weapons, body armor, any type of anti-personnel or anti-tank weaponry and could not make an IED without killing themselves. This is fact. As I said, there would be pockets of resistance and probably very capable insurgent forces but no where near the level or talent of Iraqi or Afghani fighters. Without the internet, cell phones, department stores, super markets etc, the VAST majority of Americans would struggle to exist.

I can camp for a week but what am I going to eat after all my chef boyardee is gone? Cant really live off the land in Southern California.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.