UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> Could the US be conquered if invaded?

1/10/10 2:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hmeboy
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wondered how long it would take for someone to bring up simo hahya. Doesn't pertain to the conversation though, WWII is long gone.

Regarding the viet cong:

"The Vietcong (Vi?t C?ng), or National Liberation Front, was a political organisation and army in South Vietnam and Cambodia that fought the United States and South Vietnamese governments during the Vietnam War (1959–1975). It had both guerrilla and regular army units, as well as a network of cadres who organized peasants in the territory it controlled."

"Hanoi gave the regroupees military training and sent them back to the South along the Ho Chi Minh trail in the early 1960s."

They were well trained and well organized, not a bunch of peasants who grabbed pitchforks and beat back the foreign devils.
1/10/10 3:02 PM
Severnsmustache
379 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

everyone is welcome to my house
1/10/10 3:10 PM
CDarwin
837 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Severnsmustache - everyone is welcome to my house

Of course. You wouldn't want some Chinese Gestapo kicking that door in. Better to keep it open.
1/10/10 8:18 PM
Bellzer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hmeboy - Wondered how long it would take for someone to bring up simo hahya. Doesn't pertain to the conversation though, WWII is long gone.

Regarding the viet cong:

"The Vietcong (Vi?t C?ng), or National Liberation Front, was a political organisation and army in South Vietnam and Cambodia that fought the United States and South Vietnamese governments during the Vietnam War (1959–1975). It had both guerrilla and regular army units, as well as a network of cadres who organized peasants in the territory it controlled."

"Hanoi gave the regroupees military training and sent them back to the South along the Ho Chi Minh trail in the early 1960s."

They were well trained and well organized, not a bunch of peasants who grabbed pitchforks and beat back the foreign devils.

First i think Simo Hahya has a lot to do with this. If you are able to get your sight's on a ememy soldier with out them seeing you fire one or two shots and then disappear into the civilian population. This is what happens in iraq and afghanistan all the time.

Second what army has enough well train soldiers to occupy the USA, any army would be full of poorly train soldier who would not want to be here anyways.

Third what weapons did the vietcong use? AK-47, RPG, booby traps. What weapons would we be useing, Perrty much the same thing.

Everyone of your points are weak.
1/10/10 8:39 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

usa is already mexico 2 without a war
1/10/10 9:27 PM
GladiatorGannon
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellzer - What one man could do with a rifle in the right conditions.

Finnish Lance Corporal Simo Häyhä, aka "Valkoinen Kuolema" (the White Death) was a sniper during the Winter War and is regarded by many as the most effective sniper in the history of warfare, being credited with killing up to 542 Soviet soldiers (an average of 5 a day) using a SAKO m/28-30 (Pystykorva) and iron sights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4

This number only includes his sniper kills. He killed an estimated 150 more with his submachine gun against the Russian human wave attacks for a total of over 700 in only a few months. The deadliest human being to ever walk the earth.
1/10/10 10:38 PM
Frontin
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellzer -
Third what weapons did the vietcong use? AK-47, RPG, booby traps. What weapons would we be useing, Perrty much the same thing.

I just went to walmart and got my RPGs. They were on sale.
1/10/10 10:52 PM
liquifaction

in rural areas there are a lot of gun owners that shoot regularly and reload there own ammo.  Imagine the amounts of perfectly camoed  snipers in trees, blinds, with ATVs, trucks and "hunting parties". Entire families that are trained hunters and good shots.

1/10/10 10:54 PM
GladiatorGannon
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frontin - 
Bellzer -

All national guard armories would be looted before the cities were taken. America is a big exporter of arms and has tremendous stockpiles all over the place.
1/11/10 12:39 AM
Trichoke7
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has anyone mentioned all of the police that have guns, in addition to the citizens?
1/11/10 2:27 AM
Bellzer

GladiatorGannon - 
Frontin - 
Bellzer -

All national guard armories would be looted before the cities were taken. America is a big exporter of arms and has tremendous stockpiles all over the place.

Dude Sean i think these guys think That all americas stockpile arms would just disappear, that we would not known this huge 40 million man army is coming for us. And this army is full of well trained harden soldiers, Not conscripts.

They must all so think that all the citizens of iraq had firearms and rpg before we invaded them.

Like i said before most of them really dont know history at all.
1/11/10 1:22 PM
hmeboy
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellzer - 
hmeboy - Wondered how long it would take for someone to bring up simo hahya. Doesn't pertain to the conversation though, WWII is long gone.

Regarding the viet cong:

First i think Simo Hahya has a lot to do with this. If you are able to get your sight's on a ememy soldier with out them seeing you fire one or two shots and then disappear into the civilian population. This is what happens in iraq and afghanistan all the time.

Second what army has enough well train soldiers to occupy the USA, any army would be full of poorly train soldier who would not want to be here anyways.

Ok, so now you're backing off your point that the VC weren't well trained. When I post a source for what weaponry they had, you'll back off the point that they weren't well armed also.

You keep telling people to learn their history, but it seems to me that you got yours from hollywood.

My points about the VC are solid; a well trained, well armed, well supplied military force who had the advantage of the jungle homeground to hide in - *still* suffered huge losses in the area of 20-1 and would have eventually lost if the US decided to stay. Very weak!

P.S. If anybody got the bright idea to loot the national guard armory, they'd be shot dead
1/11/10 2:17 PM
Bellzer

hmeboy - 
Bellzer - 

Regarding the viet cong:

Ok, so now you're backing off your point that the VC weren't well trained. When I post a source for what weaponry they had, you'll back off the point that they weren't well armed also.

You keep telling people to learn their history, but it seems to me that you got yours from hollywood.

My points about the VC are solid; a well trained, well armed, well supplied military force who had the advantage of the jungle homeground to hide in - *still* suffered huge losses in the area of 20-1 and would have eventually lost if the US decided to stay. Very weak!

P.S. If anybody got the bright idea to loot the national guard armory, they'd be shot dead

I never have backed off any of my points and you dance around mine. I stand by the VC were battle harden troops not well train.

As far as looting a national guard armory, if i tryed to loot it right now i would be shot dead. But with a huge foreign army on are land and no sign of are army as everyone has said it has been defeated, no guard is going to be shooting the citizens of this country as they arm them self to defend it. No he or she will be showing them how to use the weapons.

What's the difference between the jungle of vietnam and the pacific northwest rainforest. The pacific northwest rainforest is biggier. Now whats the difference between afghanistan mountain ranges and the Rockys, sierra nevadas, appalation mountain ranges. Now throw in urban warfair much like baghdad But times that by a thousand.

And my last point and the most important that you your self seem to refuse to answer, What army in the world has enough well train soldier to occupy the United States of America. Any army would be full of conscripts, Not well train with there own weapons and not wanting to be here in the first place.
1/11/10 3:54 PM
hmeboy

Bellzer - 

I never have backed off any of my points and you dance around mine. I stand by the VC were battle harden troops not well train.

As far as looting a national guard armory, if i tryed to loot it right now i would be shot dead. But with a huge foreign army on are land and no sign of are army as everyone has said it has been defeated, no guard is going to be shooting the citizens of this country as they arm them self to defend it. No he or she will be showing them how to use the weapons.

What's the difference between the jungle of vietnam and the pacific northwest rainforest. The pacific northwest rainforest is biggier. Now whats the difference between afghanistan mountain ranges and the Rockys, sierra nevadas, appalation mountain ranges. Now throw in urban warfair much like baghdad But times that by a thousand.

And my last point and the most important that you your self seem to refuse to answer, What army in the world has enough well train soldier to occupy the United States of America. Any army would be full of conscripts, Not well train with there own weapons and not wanting to be here in the first place.

You can say what you want about the VC being untrained and under-gunned, but you're wrong and I have proven that. The nra pamphlet is inaccurate.

The national guard armory scenario is ridiculously laughable. Now you've gone from agreeing with gannon about them being looted - to the NG handing out guns, first come first served? Ok then.

Anyways, if you'd read through the thread, you'd see that your last "point" has been addressed on this thread many times. In fact, *all* of your points have been addressed; Several posters have put forward plausible scenarios (for argument's sake), others have pointed to similar things happening in history.
1/11/10 3:56 PM
nhbMIKE
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it would take a few weeks of training to turn able bodied citizens into soldiers just like the vc.
1/11/10 4:36 PM
Bellzer

Edited: 01/11/10 4:41 PM
I love the plausible scenasio put forward

China active troop 2,225,000 reserve 800,000

Russia active troop 1,037,000 reserve 2,400,000

Ill do the math for you 6,462,000 not enough to take over or occupy the usa.

lets add India and Pakistan to this(yeah like that will ever happen

India active troop 1,414,000 reserve 1,155,000

Pakistan active troop 819,000 reserve 643,000

lets add iran to it too 545,000 active 350,000 in reserve
Thats 11,073,000 a nice size force for sure but how many of those are reserve and how great is there gear.5,348,000 with obsolete and out of date gear. With no soldier's to defend there homeland, and 11 million is still not big enough to take over the usa

Now as far as the national guard armory go's Do we have a army fighting this foreign army on are soil? Or has it been beat or is it off in mildeast? Fighting iran while there army is here? If we have a army still fighting on american soil then yes we would not just be able to loot the national armory. But then a armed population behind enemy's line would be a very important tool sure to help turn the battle. If all are army has been defeated and you think a national guards men left to guard are armory are just going to guard it till the enemy army comes you my friend have no clue.

As far as the VC go's if you think they sent the new recruits from the south up north for a 8 week boot camp your crazy. They put them in with units with vets that showed them the way to shoot a gun. Do you know how many vets we have in this country that would show people how to fight and shoot a gun.
1/11/10 5:27 PM
shanoknowsmma

China, the Vatican, and the U.N have already conquered America.
1/11/10 6:00 PM
GladiatorGannon

hmeboy - 
Bellzer - 

You can say what you want about the VC being untrained and under-gunned, but you're wrong and I have proven that. The nra pamphlet is inaccurate.

The national guard armory scenario is ridiculously laughable. Now you've gone from agreeing with gannon about them being looted - to the NG handing out guns, first come first served? Ok then.

I pretty much envisioned the the National Guard cooperating with the "looting" when I wrote the post, so I don't see see the conflict.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.