UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> wrestling for fighting

1/5/10 4:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
elbigsam
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i wrestled from 4th grade through 8th grade as a kid, this book seems to be a great refresher and statement of the basics.

i am mostly a submission grappler although i spar with our mma fighters on occasion. if you could add anything to the content of this book that you feel would improve it in any way for either grappling or mma, what would it be?

personally i think it does a pretty good job of outlining basic principles....obviously there is no replacement for mat time.

thank you for your time.
1/9/10 2:44 PM
nowaydo
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good book
1/10/10 6:55 PM
Victor Parlati
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"if you could add anything to the content of this book that you feel would improve it in any way for either grappling or mma, what would it be?"

1) More striking with punches, (ie.- wing chun and dirty and boxing), palm strikes, elbows, and knees from the clinch...

2) Catch wrestling standing double wristlock to takedowns, standing front headlock to takedowns, the standing catch wrestling "grovit" (figure 4 facelock) to either submission or a takedown.

Real good book, though...I read/study/use parts of what's in it all the time when I train.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.