UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Neer: I think I should havebeen given another shot

1/5/10 9:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMAunltd
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Unlimited, Online Editor

We caught up with Josh Neer prior to his return to action in Max Fights DM "Ballroom Brawl 4" against Matt Delanoit. Despite being excited about a return to the cage, Neer still feels he deserved another shot after he got cut following two decision losses in the UFC.

"I think I should have been given another fight. I had two back to back losses, but both were decisions, and I felt like I was the only one who actually 'fought' in both fights. I also feel that in both fights I was cheated out of 'Fight of the Night'. If either of those guys [Pellegrino and Tibau] actually fought, we could have made some money."

I did always look forward to seeing Josh fight in the UFC, you knew he'd bring it no matter who he was fighting.
1/5/10 9:40 AM
jjj2121
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Josh Neer has a wrestling background...but his takedown defense is horrendous.
1/5/10 9:42 AM
2JupitersTooMany
1774 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought he looked improved in his most recent UFC fight. I can think of a number of guys I'd rather see go before Neer.
1/5/10 9:43 AM
donkypunch55
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany - I thought he looked improved in his most recent UFC fight. I can think of a number of guys I'd rather see go before Neer.

while i agree with this, the reality is, he needs to learn to defend a Dub...
1/5/10 9:45 AM
jjj2121

2JupitersTooMany - I thought he looked improved in his most recent UFC fight. I can think of a number of guys I'd rather see go before Neer.

Too many wrestlers in the LW division for him not to have any takedown defense whatsoever.
1/5/10 9:47 AM
2JupitersTooMany
1774 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He got tossed around by Gleison Tibau, but at least he was getting up consistently. I'm keeping the faith.
1/5/10 9:51 AM
donkypunch55
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany - He got tossed around by Gleison Tibau, but at least he was getting up consistently. I'm keeping the faith.

i actually think he may have won that fight based on aggression and damage, but you can't have 9(!!!) successful double legs shot on you and win in the UFC.
1/5/10 10:17 AM
jjj2121

I'll ask again...he has a wrestling background...how can he get outwrestled so badly by pretty much everyone? I mean Mac Danzig was getting takedowns on him...
1/5/10 10:22 AM
Rand McPherson
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he deserved another shot on an undercard or something for sure.
1/5/10 10:25 AM
donkypunch55

jjj2121 - I'll ask again...he has a wrestling background...how can he get outwrestled so badly by pretty much everyone? I mean Mac Danzig was getting takedowns on him...

i've heard a 100 times "MMA is Not...(fill in the style)". his wrestling may in fact be great, but his transition from striking to wrestling(or in this case TD defense) appears to be weak...
1/5/10 11:10 AM
MMAunltd
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll agree that you can't win fights in the UFC by getting put on your back consistently but Josh always tried to fight an exciting fight - win or lose - an entertainment is still a major factor in this sport as well as results.

Hopefully he'll string a few wins together and get back to a big show soon enough.
1/5/10 12:47 PM
MMAunltd

Rand McPherson - he deserved another shot on an undercard or something for sure.

1/5/10 12:49 PM
orcus

They should have put him against more aggressive fighters like Lauzon, Miller, Stout, Fisher, etc.
1/5/10 2:01 PM
Reggie Warren Jr
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jjj2121 - I'll ask again...he has a wrestling background...how can he get outwrestled so badly by pretty much everyone? I mean Mac Danzig was getting takedowns on him...

Wrong...do your fucking research.  Mac never took Josh down.  Josh was only outwrestled by Pellegrino and Gleison. 
1/5/10 2:05 PM
jjj2121

Reggie Warren Jr - 

Wrong...do your fucking research.  Mac never took Josh down.  Josh was only outwrestled by Pellegrino and Gleison. 

You're right...he got swept after a takedown on his part...my apologies.
1/5/10 2:08 PM
wufwugy

only idiots think that tibau won that fight
1/5/10 3:45 PM
orcus

wufwugy - only idiots think that tibau won that fight

Yeah, the guy who landed all the strikes and got all the takedowns should have lost!
1/5/10 4:31 PM
steak and chicken

Neer is fun to watch
1/5/10 5:31 PM
MMAunltd

TapoutT1978 - can't wait to see him and Hermes fight on Friday.
Hermes vs. Neer would have been a good scrap! They should have set that up instead of putting them in squash matches... I understand why they didn't, but still.
1/5/10 5:31 PM
jjj2121

MMAunltd - 
TapoutT1978 - can't wait to see him and Hermes fight on Friday.
Hermes vs. Neer would have been a good scrap! They should have set that up instead of putting them in squash matches... I understand why they didn't, but still.

Yup, would be much more exciting if they were fighting each other and not record padding/collecting an easy check.
1/5/10 5:51 PM
MasterDebater

Meh, shots are earned not given.
1/5/10 6:03 PM
Hate420
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well,he absolutely tooled Danzig and Danzig still has a job.
1/5/10 6:46 PM
madmav
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

neer vs noons? anyone..
1/5/10 6:51 PM
Ecko Unltd
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ecko Unltd/Brawlmall, MMA sponsor
Hate420 - Well,he absolutely tooled Danzig and Danzig still has a job.

That fight was amazing
1/5/10 6:56 PM
BJJkilla
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if he only sprawled against tibau, he could have won that fight. neer is to blame for that loss.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.