UnderGround Forums

Iowa Underground >> Poser alert!!

1/5/10 9:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
donkypunch55
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Iowa! Got something on my mind I want to get out there… There is an MMA “team” here in Cedar Rapids that has caused some confusion… I’m here to clear things up.
I train at "Valhalla Combat Club" with some of the better guy’s in the state, the Koch brothers, Steve Carl, Devon Christianson, Beau Laughridge, Derrik Mehman, etc, etc… point being we have some great guys, several of who have been training, fighting and helping to advance this sport for 10 years or more!
I mention these points to illustrate the validity of my outrage at the recent emergence of another local club called “Cedar Rapids Combat Club”. My anger is NOT due to the fact that someone has had the temerity to start a rival club. I firmly believe that competition elevates all parties concerned. The cream rises to the top. No, I’m pissed for several entirely different reasons.
First off, I believe that these clowns intentionally used the moniker “Combat Club” to intentionally infer a connection to our club. Seriously, how many other Combat Clubs do you guys know of?
Secondly, members of this “Club” have no problem allowing the ambiguity to continue. When asked if they trane (asked, BTW, because they seem to have a penchant for frequenting the bar decked out in Tap-out, affliction, etc.. gear) they’ll say yes, mention the name of their club, and when someone says, “so you trane with Eric and Keoni?” their response has been, “oh yeah, I’ve traned with those guys”, which allows for the inference that the “Combat Club” that they are at now is synonymous with our place.
Big deal, you say? Stop being so sensitive, you say? Fuck that, I say. We’ve worked and continue to work incredibly hard for the reputation we’ve got. I’ll be damned if some slapdick poser is going to swoop in and benefit from our blood and sweat…
Just wanted to let you all know what’s up. I’ve been trying to get in touch with the guy who heads this up to let him know that he WILL change the name and get his shit in order…
As always, thank you for taking the time to read this.
-Demian-
1/5/10 2:35 PM
donkypunch55
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
1/6/10 1:16 PM
dutchwrap
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow..fckn idiots and lmao at the pics on facebook! what douches
1/6/10 2:54 PM
donkypunch55

dutchwrap - wow..fckn idiots and lmao at the pics on facebook! what douches

thanks bro, i feel like less of an overreactive nancy now :)
i honestly tried to keep my tone proffesional in the above post... you ears would burn off your head if you heard what my team has to say...
1/6/10 5:59 PM
dutchwrap
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

donkypunch55 - 
dutchwrap - wow..fckn idiots and lmao at the pics on facebook! what douches

thanks bro, i feel like less of an overreactive nancy now :)
i honestly tried to keep my tone proffesional in the above post... you ears would burn off your head if you heard what my team has to say...

i've seen enough on FB to know what's up...crazy stuff!
1/7/10 8:57 AM
donkypunch55

It never ceases to amaze me the shit people will pull... i'm sure the best answer is to do nothing and let Natural Selection work it's magic, i just can't get over the audacity of these fuckers... What an insult to the guys who have spent 10 yrs or better building Harddrive into what it is... these clown are going to realize that there are rules; this isn't 'Nam...
1/7/10 9:14 PM
beaulaugh
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi Demian!
1/8/10 8:29 AM
donkypunch55

Edited: 01/08/10 8:30 AM
What's up brother... soooo, what do you think about the fine mess we're embroiled in? Dave says, fuck em, natural selection will sort it out... i'd like to agree, but... i have anger issues...
1/8/10 8:55 AM
HawaiianBomber
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Breathe, Demian, breathe... Then go off Bruce Lee style :)
1/8/10 9:30 AM
donkypunch55

Hahaha, how'd you know?! i've been working on my spinning-back-jump-crane kick, so those fuckers better beware...
1/9/10 2:06 AM
beaulaugh
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/09/10 2:06 AM
What is the most sincere form of flattery?

Speaking of Bruce Lee, I believe he said "Anger Blinds".

We're too busy being who we are to worry about who wants to be us.
1/9/10 10:37 AM
donkypunch55

Damn, i'm going to have to stop refering to you as "the brooding guy who knows no philosophy...".
The longer this situation transpires, the more i believe you may be right Beau...
That being said, that guiliteen last night was sneaky and unprofesional... who chokes a man out mid lyric?! :)
1/9/10 10:41 AM
donkypunch55

And speaking of these dicktucking, sister-fucking re-tards, where are they?! Come, defend yourself on this forum. explain how we've got this all wrong; how it's just some misunderstanding...

Hello?

Thats what i fuckin thought....

Cowards.
1/11/10 3:14 PM
Mehmen197

I wish we could all just hold hands and sing songs together. Training would be much more fun. Even the cr combat guys would join us then. Just sayin
1/11/10 3:26 PM
Mehmen197

O by the way donkey punch u have anger issues friend. Maybe u need to go and get that figured out. Or we can just sing songs together
1/11/10 5:18 PM
beaulaugh

Derrick posted something!!! Also, quite funny might I add. Were you nervous?

Btw, I owe you $10 and Donkey owes you $10 now.
1/12/10 7:57 AM
donkypunch55

Edited: 01/12/10 7:58 AM
...Yeah, Yeah... i paid him yesterday...and, yes, he was nervous... it took 3 days, a bottle of Jack, and two Tai hookers to loosen Bambi up to the point where he could face the cold, cruel world of the internets...

Btw, wicked jealous of that green name there playa...

Soon...
1/20/10 5:22 AM
BIG IRISH

Im changing the name of your gym from Hardin Co. MMA to Hardin Co. Combat Club!!!!!! I wanta be like you guys toooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
1/20/10 10:08 AM
donkypunch55

Hahaha, i wouldn't if i were you, the political fallout for these clowns has not been pleasant...
1/21/10 5:33 AM
BIG IRISH

DAMM IT! talk about breakn a boys heart.... Ya im happy to say that the other gym that was in this county closed about a month ago.... and on the 15th @ the last fights we were lucky and one of our guy got to fight the last guy claiming that gym.... our guy made it a point to beat the Fuck outta that kid! he aint talken shit no more!
1/21/10 8:38 AM
donkypunch55

Edited: 01/21/10 8:38 AM
Nice work my friend... nothing tastes as good as a well earned ass kicking of some shit-talker... again, feel free to make a trip down to trane, we'd love to have you guys.
1/25/10 11:56 PM
Mehmen197

im glad donkey punch knows how to spell train. lol. U crack me up donkey. Trane lol
1/26/10 7:22 AM
donkypunch55

Edited: 01/26/10 7:23 AM
Spelling train in the above manner, "trane" is a long standing internet and specifically, UG coloquialisms... much like spelling the word "more" as "Moar" or refering to this forum as "the internets"...
if you have any further questions, please see me after practice... i'll be the one getting choked out by Steve Carl... again...
1/26/10 7:59 AM
Mehmen197

If this is the case, which isnt that funny, I might have to ban myself from these forums till further notice. And do they not refer to these forums as the interwebs? P.S. Donkey loves eating babies. nough said. Haha get it I just used a coloquialism. hahhahahahahahah
1/26/10 8:36 AM
donkypunch55

*shakes head sadly*
apparently there was little or no monitering of the lead based paint in the house you grew up in... "eating Babies" is not a well known anything, except definitive proof of mental illness... and possible geyness (you see what i did there, right?)... i'm going to suggest that you stop while your ahead... but you won't... they never do.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.