UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kevin Randleman gets his blue belt

1/5/10 12:17 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

You seemed more comfortable fighting off your back in your last fight. Have you been working on more Jiu-Jitsu?
I got my blue belt [in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu] right before that fight. Blue belt is the hardest belt to get. Everything else comes with it. For me it was exciting. I concentrated more on BJJ and wrestling for that fight. I didn’t spar that much. Now I spar three times a week. My hands are better than everyone elses, anyone whose fought me will tell you how I hit the hardest, but I get apprehensive sometimes and don’t throw them.

Your friend and former Hammerhouse training partner Mark Coleman is fighting Randy Couture at UFC 109 in February. What is your prediction?

If Mark Coleman is in shape, Randy doesn’t make it past first round. Mark has got heavy hands. He’s got country boy strength. He’s got generations of strong country motherfuckers on his side. He’s excited. He’s going to surprise everyone.

Which fight do you think you learned the most from?
I really didn’t apply myself then [to my old losses]. Now that I’ve been applying myself I’m a dangerous 205 pounder but I just haven’t been pulling the trigger. I’m writing a book right now and I don’t want to get into my past too much but let me just say this--I loved women. If I had two girls in my bed I was not willing to work out. I’m not giving up the two in the bed for the one that might be hiding in the bush. But then I met my wife six years ago and I realized I could have something nice to work for.

Before MMA you were one of Ohio State’s most successful wrestlers. Why did you turn to wrestling initially?
I was poor. I didn’t have money. I had a big family. There were no presents during Christmas. Someone had said hey you can get out of this by going to college, so by eight grade I wanted to go to state wrestling championships and win and go to college.

Did wrestling keep you out of trouble?

There was no balance. I was a crazy fuck. I had a real long rap sheet. I was a militant black guy who grew up poor. The wrestling had people on my side because I was always learning good stuff. I was always in the paper doing volunteer work. I gave my time and whenever I got in trouble there were people to vouch for me who had my back.

When did you clean up?

I just met my girl six years ago. Before that I was partying, fucking girls, I had lesbians living with me. I was just, like, fuck it. I was partying, doing drugs, smoking weed, menagie...Then I met this girl and I said this could be a nice life.

Are there any closing comments you have for your fans?
Just hang in there with me. If I get knocked I’m going to get knocked out because I’m leaving it all in there. I might have lost my last two but I expect a streak. I’m working harder, training longer, running more. I’m doing everything right for the first time and I know I’m going to get my goal and get my title. I got to get my technique real good. Perfect practices makes perfect.

read entire interview...

1/5/10 12:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
tmr
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool! War Randleman! All the best to him!
1/5/10 12:44 PM
GaymidaGaydan
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Blue belt is the hardest belt to get."

WAT?
1/5/10 12:45 PM
andre
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That brings a tear to my eye. Makes me so happy to see that kind of realization.
1/5/10 12:47 PM
Ew0k187
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

its about damn time

JAYKAY!
1/5/10 12:54 PM
BillyRayChubbs
753 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GaymidaGaydan - "Blue belt is the hardest belt to get."

WAT?

He is only saying that because he just got his blue belt.
1/5/10 12:55 PM
ranier wolfcastle
989 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

was this big change all after his crap fight with mike whitehead?
1 of his worst performances ever imo
that said i always thought he coulda been the best if he trained right
1/5/10 1:00 PM
Kai Tremeche

I'd say feed James Toney to him, but Randleman fights notoriously stupid.

Of course, he might just end up hitting him with the flying left hook of doom like he did to Cro-Cop.
1/5/10 1:06 PM
BabyZeus
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for Randleman!
1/5/10 1:14 PM
HYBRID JON
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Randleman is full of shit, we all know that THIS is the hardest belt t get...

1/5/10 1:52 PM
Stephen Eakin
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^lol
1/5/10 1:53 PM
elperro
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His eyes are scary close together! Randleman is a straighter shooter, much respect
1/5/10 2:01 PM
voorhees

I get sick of hearing hammer house guys have epiphanies like ten years later then they should of had them.

"I have been focusing on sparring,I never used to."

I have started to work on my cardio."

"Now I am traning w/a real camp."

Capt.Obvious!Maybe you should tried that shit back when you were 25!

Not now that you are 40.
1/5/10 2:03 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for the monster

Would have been nice to see him beat Whitehead, he almost made a great comeback in that fight
1/5/10 2:21 PM
Jacob Lamb
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who'd he get the belt from?
1/5/10 2:39 PM
The Sultan
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BillyRayChubbs - 

WAT?

someone probably told him that.
1/5/10 2:56 PM
BJJkilla
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Sultan - 
BillyRayChubbs - 

WAT?

someone probably told him that.

hopefully kevin knows getting a purple belt will be harder.
1/5/10 3:50 PM
PAGrappler412
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/5/10 5:45 PM
timbowabo

handleman is blue, and hashad is black ... i need to take a pill and lay down
1/5/10 5:52 PM
studiocamp
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats to the Monster. That pretty much makes him the jiu-jitsu instructor at Hammer House doesn't it?
1/5/10 6:01 PM
Pernicious
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SoiCoWbOy - ^that guy's eyes are too close together

This
1/5/10 6:11 PM
vegard
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hehe
1/5/10 6:14 PM
thefightingsheep
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's telling that I didn't know if this was a joke thread or serious until I opened it.

13+ years of fighting and training full-time for a great natural athlete should have meant he got a blue belt a long time ago.

1/5/10 6:15 PM
Mike The Situation
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for the Monster.  I just hope people don't start questioning his blue belt like they did for Rashad black belt. 
1/5/10 6:15 PM
torquemada
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

studiocamp - Congrats to the Monster. That pretty much makes him the jiu-jitsu instructor at Hammer House doesn't it?

Voted up...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.