UnderGround Forums

Iowa Underground >> Neer: I think I should havebeen given another shot

1/5/10 2:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMAunltd
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Unlimited, Online Editor

We caught up with Iowa's own Josh Neer prior to his return to action in Max Fights DM "Ballroom Brawl 4" against Matt Delanoit. Despite being excited about a return to the cage, Neer still feels he deserved another shot after he got cut following two decision losses in the UFC.

"I think I should have been given another fight. I had two back to back losses, but both were decisions, and I felt like I was the only one who actually 'fought' in both fights. I also feel that in both fights I was cheated out of 'Fight of the Night'. If either of those guys [Pellegrino and Tibau] actually fought, we could have made some money."

I did always look forward to seeing Josh fight in the UFC, you knew he'd bring it no matter who he was fighting.
1/9/10 10:42 AM
donkypunch55
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/09/10 10:42 AM
Anyone know how it went last night?
1/9/10 12:11 PM
NEXTinLINE
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neer won via TKO first round. I thought the fight was going to be at 155, but both guys came in around the 170 mark.

He took him down and G&P until the ref stopped it.

Neer said after the fight he would have stood and traded, but he got cut last tuesday training and didn't want to open that cut back up.

He also said his if his opponend would have shown class, he would have shown class back, but his opponent talked shit so fuck him.

Classic Neer...hope he gets back to the big show soon.
1/10/10 7:53 PM
donkypunch55
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you sir
1/31/10 11:31 AM
sirquack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell, if Neer is back close to 170 again, maybe a Iowa or even a regional promoter should look to put Neer and Burns in the cage together for the 3rd time.
They are 1-1 against each other. Burns providing Neers one and only amateur loss, and Burns losing on the rematch due to not having a ground game. I would say his ground game is much different than that rematch.
Someone needs to hook that fight up.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.