UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Guymon's HighwayFromHell to the Octagon

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/5/10 2:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Elias Cepeda
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the most important and best stories out right now written by UGer Mike Russell on fellow forum member, "Joker" who is about to make his UFC debut

Guymon’s Highway from Hell to the Octagon

By Mike Russell

Closing the book on 2009 was a bittersweet experience for Mike “The Joker” Guymon. In those 365 days the 35-year-old turned his life around 180 degrees, climbing out of the depths of despair to reach the pinnacle of his ten-year mixed martial arts career by signing with the UFC.

The rocky road Guymon took to realize his longtime dream of fighting in the Octagon could have just as easily ended as a nightmare if it weren’t for the support of his friends and family who stood in his corner as he fought the fight of his life on September 7.
Read More

1/5/10 3:02 PM
Mike Russell
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the props, Elias.
Means a lot coming from a fellow scribe.

Joker's story almost writes itself. I honestly almost forgot to mention the fight for this one.

...and FRAT...I'm waiting for the movie....
1/5/10 3:12 PM
damaebushi
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for a good guy.  Hope he has a successful run in the UFC.

Respectfully:

Fred
1/5/10 3:15 PM
1Adam12
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be cheering my @$$ off for Joker.
1/5/10 3:16 PM
Heddy
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go Joker!!

1/5/10 3:22 PM
ATLien420
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great article...really gonna be rootin for Guymon!!
1/5/10 8:57 PM
Mike Russell
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
I honestly don't want either guy to lose this one.
1/6/10 10:47 AM
Elias Cepeda
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel ya, Mike. Those fights are tough to watch. But they should both do well and at least make for a great fight.

Keep up the great work
1/6/10 11:16 AM
Chris
420 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Partner
 I'll be there with Guymon the entire fight week starting tomorrow. I've got nothing bad to say about Rory, but Mike's a friend and I want to see him do well.
1/6/10 1:21 PM
bharrist
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good article. looking forward to the fight.
1/6/10 1:33 PM
Hecademus

Cops like to shoot people. Sounds like Amormino ruined their fun. Guymon is good people.
1/6/10 1:56 PM
dcmma

Glad I get to see his debut in the octagon live.

Chris...you gonna train while you are here?
1/7/10 5:09 AM
victorchensky
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mike guymon is a bad guy and i hope he loses
1/7/10 5:58 AM
MoonBellyNoCanDefend
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

victorchensky - mike guymon is a bad guy and i hope he loses

wow...... I hope your first post wasn't as dickheaded as this one. It's a good thing you don't post much .
1/7/10 10:20 AM
Mike Russell

Thanks guys. You can't help but want to see Joker succeed.

Someone needs to get him a book deal. Any publishers on the UG??
1/7/10 3:36 PM
victorchensky

MoonBellyNoCanDefend - 

wow...... I hope your first post wasn't as dickheaded as this one. It's a good thing you don't post much .

I don't post much because unless something really catches my attention or something is seriously wrong I won't post. Anyways I stand by what I said, if you don't believe me then you should go talk to Chris Brennan.
1/7/10 4:08 PM
dutchwrap
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, great read and thanks for sharing
1/7/10 5:11 PM
gumba123

love you joker cant wait to see you couple days! im going to eat this fuks hart out for you! oh yea GOD BLESS GEORGE W BUSH love Z man
1/7/10 5:16 PM
gumba123

hey fuk head victorchensky whatevr you fagit ass name is ill see you on monday bitch! after Joker beats the living s h i t out of you ronald mcdonald fag your next!!!
1/7/10 5:34 PM
Mike Russell

victorchensky - 
MoonBellyNoCanDefend - 

I don't post much because unless something really catches my attention or something is seriously wrong I won't post. Anyways I stand by what I said, if you don't believe me then you should go talk to Chris Brennan.

A beef between two people doesn't make someone a bad person. From my dealings with him, Joker seems like a stand-up dude.  A UFC fighter who wants to make the best of his opportunity on a big stage to try to help people who are in the same situation he was in is a pretty decent person IMO. You have to give him respect.

Interesting factoid is Chris Brennan gave Rory MacDonald's coach David Lea his black belt in BJJ and visits the club regularly to do seminars and train. If there is in fact a backstory, there is another dimension to the fight worth noting.

1/7/10 6:00 PM
Foos
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As far as I know David Lea and Rory MacDonald have had nothing but good things to say about Mike Guymon.

Any beef that Guymon and Brennan has is their own business.
1/7/10 6:04 PM
n3m
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/07/10 6:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/VictorChensky

wtf
1/7/10 6:15 PM
Mike Russell

Foos - As far as I know David Lea and Rory MacDonald have had nothing but good things to say about Mike Guymon.

Any beef that Guymon and Brennan has is their own business.
That's not what I was getting at. I just meant maybe Chris gave them some insider info on some of Mike's tendencies/quirks/weaknesses to help Rory get ready.

1/7/10 6:49 PM
gumba123

get your facts correctly before you open your big fat mouth! mike is a mans man anybody stupid enough to sell him out and talk bull shit for there own fukt up issues can go fuk them selves!! Love ya Mike see you monday with your hands raised in victory! GOD BLESS GEORGE W.BUSH!!!!! Z Man
1/8/10 4:06 AM
ThEUniT

Mike is a great guy.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.