UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> Extreme Chadstone

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/6/10 5:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
My1stMac
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goss around the place has it Extreme Chadstone is moving into new premises! Apparently, a fully decked out gym, mats etc. The new facility is meant to be the awesome! Anyone know about this?
1/11/10 4:43 PM
sputniik
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rumor has it an NU champion may be the new instructor too!
1/12/10 5:51 AM
Kakoda

My1stMac, this is true. Premises are relocating basically downstairs, but with great new facilities. There'll be something about that on www.extremejjg.com soon - so keep posted!
1/12/10 6:53 AM
Tycinio
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sputniik - Rumor has it an NU champion may be the new instructor too!

Is Carlos leaving?
1/12/10 5:56 PM
Kakoda

Yep, Carlos has moved on
1/12/10 5:57 PM
sputniik

Yes Carlos has recently split with Extreme/Nova uniao.

Being that carlos is a Black belt from CIA paulista,he felt that there was a conflict of interest representing NOva Uniao.

Therefore he has resigned from his position at extreme to persue and develop his own team in Melbourne...CIA paulista.

This has however paved the way for someone else within the ranks of Nova Uniao to (hopefully- fingers crossed) fill the vancancy.
I cant mentioned who at this point, as its not set in stone...visa issues and all,but as sooon as confirmation is given i will post a hightlight video of the instructor.... He has beaten Both Bruno Frazzato and Raphael Mendes in the last year or so!
1/13/10 4:01 AM
My1stMac

More rumours abound.....New Extreme facility will have MMA, Ring, full range of kits....Apparently opening prior to UFC Sydney and perhaps special guest if it can be arranged.

Who will attend? Will there be a seminar at the new facility?

New NU coach huh? Wow that great!
1/13/10 8:27 AM
dojo stormer
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

marcelino freitas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTVF72759I

this guy is amazing.
1/13/10 9:17 AM
ken amtrack

Boxing Day Sale
1/13/10 7:08 PM
bluesky

Edited: 01/13/10 7:09 PM
" Being that carlos is a Black belt from CIA paulista,he felt that there was a conflict of interest representing NOva Uniao "

He did not know this before signing up as head BJJ coach of extreme?
1/14/10 6:55 AM
sputniik

Bluesky,
erm...yeah he did but hey i guess its a little more complicated than that...or maybe not?

Dojo Stormer, you would be correct sir! But as mentioned this is a far way off from being confirmed- i just got a little excited when i found out who the candidate was.
1/14/10 6:59 AM
walbjj
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

actually, i tend to think it was more like he went into it thinking that he was going to be paid to teach bjj with a team and an instructor that he was friendly with (coach donahue). but then he saw how popular that bjj was getting and he decided that he might as well do it for himself and start his own club.

thats totally legal, just morally reprehensible. i mean, if he went interstate then fine, but to stay in the same state, let alone the same city, come on
its like confidentiality clauses in contracts that state u cant start a new business in the same area.
i wonder if portugues will poach any students, or rather, students will jump over
1/14/10 7:19 PM
My1stMac

walbjj - 
i wonder if portugues will poach any students, or rather, students will jump over

Rumour mill has it that a few of the white belts went with Carlos. Apparently he has started teaching somewhere in Tullamarine with possibility of another club in Noble Park.....who knows???
1/14/10 7:22 PM
My1stMac

http://www.cpjj.org/academiasaustralia.html

Above link to CIA Paulista list Carlos without a club listing.
1/15/10 7:17 AM
walbjj
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My1stMac - 
walbjj - 

Rumour mill has it that a few of the white belts went with Carlos. Apparently he has started teaching somewhere in Tullamarine with possibility of another club in Noble Park.....who knows???

this raises an interesting situation. i mean, for a white belt, who gives a shit, ur a white, u havent developed enough to matter, so u go with whats best, and portugues is certainly no slouch. but if u were a blue, even purple, then ur at a crossroads. coach donahue aint there teaching, and u have other guys to teach and run the gym, but honestly, can they even compare to portugues.

i know u need to look at other things, and im sure the gym will be kinda temp to start with, but the potential to grow is huge and u would be part of something pretty good.

i think a blue belt can make the jump pretty easy, purple, not so much
1/16/10 5:15 AM
sputniik

All i can say is....God i hope extreme are able to secure the services of someone like Marcelino freitas!!!!!
2/10/10 1:11 AM
walbjj

whats the latest, did extreme chadstone get anyone to fill in?
2/10/10 7:38 AM
sputniik

to be continued......

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.