UnderGround Forums

New Jersey Underground >> LA BOXING OF PARAMUS

1/6/10 12:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PARAMUSLABOXING
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/11/10 1:06 PM

Here at LA Boxing, we are providing individuals of all ages and fitness levels with a new way to approach personal fitness. We specialize in unique Boxing, Kickboxing, and Mixed Martial Arts Classes. The Philosophy is a simple one: Provide the very best training and workouts in a safe, healthy, and fun atmosphere. All of our classes are 1-hour in length and BURN 800-1000+ CALORIES PER CLASS! Get both cardio and resistance training at the same time. LA Boxing instructors are all boxers, kickboxers and mixed martial artists that have gone through rigorous training and know the best way to challenge the body to its ultimate shape.From Hard Core to Hard Body. . .We Have Something For Everyone!Full Service Fitness CenterMen, Wommen & KidsPrivate TrainingGroup ClassesBoxingKick BoxingJiu-JitsuMMACardio EquipmentFree WeightsUniversal MachinesProfessional Boxing RingMMA CageFamily & Group Discounts!If you are looking for a high-energy workout, that is sure to achieve results, then LA BOXING is for you.We carry a full line of training gear including boxing & MMA gloves, headgear, shin guards, and more.Is There A Fighter In YOU?LA BOXING OF PARAMUS141 ROUTE 17 SOUTHPARAMUS, NJ 07652201-634-0040WWW.LABOXING.COM/PARAMUS
1/6/10 3:33 PM
JerseyJoeJitsu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol for commercializing.

and i don't even want to know what you guys probably cost.

you don't train fighters. you help girls burn calories.

how does my ass look, btw?
1/7/10 12:27 AM
hawaii87

Go to the website at www.laboxing.com/paramus

read the fighter/instructor profiles

There is technical boxing instructional classes, MMA classes and Brazilian JiuJitsu classes

I help with the marketing. The instructors are plenty good and with solid credentials.

Have a nice day, JerseyJoeJitsu
1/7/10 1:44 PM
JerseyJoeJitsu

I did. The instructors aren't BAD. But they're not spectacular. You list your BJJ instructor as winning the Advanced DIRECTORS (another name for the old man division) heavyweight Naga in august. Too bad there was only two guys in the division. I'm not saying he's bad. But you're listing credentials that have no context and are misleading. He's probably great. He has a brown belt and I'm sure hes sound, but your company is a trendy, rich man backed, cash cow that is cashing in on the MMA craze.

My biggest gripe is the financial side, as i made abundantly clear. Your company is just like Tiger Schulmann's only more trendy.

What are your monthly dues? I guarantee they are more than any other homegrown gracie trained jiu jitsu academy in the area.

Your instructors are fine, although I don't think you should have a blue belt teaching classes. A blue belt is far from qualified to teach in an area that has an abundant supply of brown and black belts. I'm sure he has good basics, but that's just it, basics.
1/7/10 1:58 PM
JerseyJoeJitsu

I need to clarify. Anthony is probably a great teacher. But I guarantee he is going to be held back teaching in a place like LA boxing. There is no way LA boxing is going to create high level students. It is going to be a place thats trendy that people with money go.

If he had a homegrown academy, he would probably create competition level fighters.
1/8/10 4:46 PM
hawaii87

Hello JerseyJoeJitsu,

I respect your opinions. You are certainly entitled to them. The LA Boxing pricing is actually quite affordable. With the general membership and jiujitsu/striking prices you would pay about $129 per month.

How much does the average MMA student pay at his/her academy?

The gym is open from 5am to 9pm and is open for any member, so if you wanted to come in with a training partner and practice on your own you can do that.

As for Anthony's credentials, I understand he was once quite good a few years back and still competes to stay active. I only met him a few times, but he was always polite and professional with me. I did read his memoirs and he had won a number of "Advanced no-gi" championships.

I assume he fights in older divisions now because he is over 40 years old. He really specializes in personal training of combat sport athletes, now. That's what I usually see him doing there when he's not working out himself.

Benji Radach is the head of our corporate instructor program and checks out every instructor before he/she gets hired.

Have a good day, JerseyJoeJitsu

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.