UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> John Salter fighting in the UFC monday night!!!!!

1/6/10 2:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cb2sdavis
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Monday January the 11th UFC fight night John Salter will be fighting Gerald Harris. Everybody tune in and watch Salter demolish  this guy, it's gonna be good!!
1/6/10 5:02 PM
KeithRL

Edited: 01/06/10 5:04 PM
That's awesome for John! However, I don't see him or his opponent on the fight card. Last minute replacement? I'll definitely be watching and wish him well.
1/6/10 5:19 PM
MMA FRK

I just talked to John's brother and he said John just found out, but that it is true.
1/6/10 5:24 PM
rnr7

Absolutely true. Should be a good one. Good luck to Salter.
1/6/10 5:37 PM
Russell Schenck
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FFI/Pro Managment LLC , Matchmaker/Owner
Just got off the phone with Monte and he was telling me about this. Salter is a stud and it is so great to see southern fighters getting an opportunity in the show...

Monte Cox is the man and John Salter congrats on all the hard work paying off my friend....

Chris you ready for Lambert????
1/6/10 5:51 PM
cb2sdavis

I am ready and very excited, Lambert is a very good fighter, on a losing streak right now but still someone who is relevant and dangerous. Hope to represent well. Don't want to steal the thread though, LOL!!! Just want everybody to know what's going on at headhunter, and let everybody know that this is the start of Salter's domination of the 185lbs. weight class in the UFC, LOL!!!!!! 
1/6/10 6:08 PM
countrypimp

This is really good for Salter. The man has earned his spot and I'm going to be one of many cheering for him! Good luck and fight hard, man!!
1/6/10 7:23 PM
Russell Schenck
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cb2sdavis -  I am ready and very excited, Lambert is a very good fighter, on a losing streak right now but still someone who is relevant and dangerous. Hope to represent well. Don't want to steal the thread though, LOL!!! Just want everybody to know what's going on at headhunter, and let everybody know that this is the start of Salter's domination of the 185lbs. weight class in the UFC, LOL!!!!!! 

I here you.... Not trying to hijack the thread. Tough fight for John on short notice but it is time for some more southern fighters in the UFC!!! GOOD LUCK TO THE NEWEST UFC FIGHTER JOHN SALTER!!!
1/6/10 10:51 PM
MOWA Outlaw

Congrats John! Good luck! We'll be cheering you on from Montgomery.
1/6/10 10:57 PM
jaydoug

that is freaking awesome. you guys have a safe trip up there tomorrow with all this nasty weather.
1/6/10 10:58 PM
MOWA Outlaw

Here's hoping they show the fight.
1/6/10 11:25 PM
Josh J

This is awesome. Good luck Salter.
1/6/10 11:44 PM
Zakmma
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, I will definitely be tuning in and hoping this fight is aired.
1/6/10 11:50 PM
rnr7

Just to let you guys know(you may already know this), you can go to ufc.com and pay 9.99 to watch all the prelims. I think you have to do it by the 10th. Just thought I'd pass that on.

Reid Robertson
1/7/10 1:22 AM
bigmills008
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's awesome news! Glad to see a Bama guy getting a UFC shot! Good luck!
1/7/10 11:51 AM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just talked to John. He was at the airport leaving for VA. Just let him know that we will all be cheering him on. He also said the thing about the ten bucks to watch it online in case it is not aired.

WAR SALTER!
1/7/10 5:06 PM
fen

Short notice....but Salter is a beast! Great so see him getting this kind of opportunity.
1/8/10 11:16 PM
ovrgrwnkd

Proud of you John..you've earned it. Just the beginning of a great career.
1/9/10 9:18 AM
Hiza Geri

Alabama Grapplers' Association, Inc
 A brief stint away (pummelled under work and family), I come back and Salter is in the UFC!!  Wow!  Good luck, brother.  Get yourself a good highlight out of this fight!
1/9/10 10:12 AM
Russell Schenck

mmajunkie.com/news/17457/john-salter-tapped-late-replacement-meets-gerald-harris-at-ufc-fight-night-20.mma 

"ITS TIME!!!!!!"
1/9/10 3:43 PM
williepep

Heavy.com: What do you know about John Salter, the guy you'll now be fighting?

Harris: He's tough as hell. He's a wrestler, so we have that wrestling fraternity of just being hard headed. We'll take any challenge, you know? I know some things about him. He's definitely a good guy 'cause he's a national champion, and you can never look down on that. But he's like me. Not a lot of people have seen what I've done in the past two years, and there's not a lot of video on him, so we're in the same boat

http://www.heavy.com/post/gerald-harris-on-getting-back-in-the-ufc-i-prank-called-dana-white-2763

-----------------------------------------------------------

Please no one post the videos of boardbreaker's TKD point fighting days, keep the flying back kick a secret
1/10/10 12:20 AM
Josh J

This is what the idiot writer at Sherdog.com says about the fight:

Gerald Harris vs. John Salter

His return long overdue, Harris will get a chance to make it memorable one at Salter’s expense. Let us not tell any lies; Salter, a sacrificial lamb, is severely overmatched. Watch any of Harris’ fights, and you can see a dynamic fighter who has finally started to take his talent and turn it into skill. That evolution will be on display as Harris pounds out Salter late in the first round following a Mount Everest slam.

The article says "by Tomas Rios (trios@sherdog.com)"

Everyone should e-mail this idiot.
1/10/10 1:43 AM
williepep

^^^^ who cares what some clown on sherdog writes, all I know is Boardbreaker now has a spot on the fighters page!

emailing this character will only make him feel better, plus someone may reveal that Tiger Claw has taught the boardbreaker the double inside crescent kick
1/10/10 8:02 PM
LUKE ZACHRICH1

hey guys ive never heard of john before.. can anyone give us non southerners the rundown on this guy?
1/10/10 9:03 PM
williepep

Edited: 01/10/10 9:05 PM
LUKE ZACHRICH1 - hey guys ive never heard of john before.. can anyone give us non southerners the rundown on this guy

please do not tell anyone, he was taught the double inside crescent kick by Tiger Claw Smith (Tiger has an action figure).

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.