UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> John Salter fighting in the UFC monday night!!!!!

3/1/10 11:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rnr7
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/01/10 11:59 PM
Anybody else see the video of the TUF 11 cast members? Jim Hammortree says his record is 6-0, which is wrong. Salter pretty much broke this guys arm for the UEP middle weight title. I'm not posting this to disrespect him because he is legit but to say your undefeated is disrespectful to the guy that beat you. I was at this fight it was a freakin war, I just didnt see him as the kind of guy to fudge on his record. Then again he may have been advised to do this.

Reid Robertson
3/2/10 5:09 PM
Russell Schenck
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FFI/Pro Managment LLC , Matchmaker/Owner
I saw that on the Main UG forum and I thought about putting him on blast but I figured he knows he is not telling the truth. He is legit fighter and should do pretty well. I just dont know why you would say that when you know that the vid of you losing is on the internet and 6-1 is a good record with your only loss being to a guy in the UFC...

If his management told him to lie, they did him a disservice. Maybe he will win the show and it wont matter.
3/2/10 6:17 PM
bigmills008
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The fight is listed on the mma.tv fight finder. It was an awesome fight!
3/2/10 6:58 PM
rnr7

Yep, one of the best fights I've seen in person. I really hope he does well on the show, I just think you lose credibility when you do something like that. Hell, who hasn't lost in mma? There's not many.
3/2/10 11:24 PM
bigmills008
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/02/10 11:25 PM
rnr7 - Yep, one of the best fights I've seen in person. I really hope he does well on the show, I just think you lose credibility when you do something like that. Hell, who hasn't lost in mma? There's not many.

Its true no one stays undefeated for long.
3/3/10 12:10 PM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Machida
3/3/10 11:24 PM
rnr7

Thanks Seth.
3/4/10 12:47 AM
bigmills008

He lost we all saw it.
3/4/10 9:16 AM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^true
3/4/10 8:22 PM
ovrgrwnkd

Edited: 03/04/10 8:44 PM
<blockquote>rnr7 - Yep, one of the best fights I've seen in person. I really hope he does well on the show, I just think you lose credibility when you do something like that. Hell, who hasn't lost in mma? There's not many.</blockquote><br /><br /><br />

I will have to agree on it being the best fight I've seen in person. There was no shame in anyone losing that fight. I remember Chris Davis saying something like, "One day when both these guys are in the UFC, we'll all look back and say, 'hey, you remember when Salter and Hammortree fought back when'....." <br /><br />

Little did anyone know it would be less than a year later Salter would be in the UFC and Hammortree would be on TUF. <br /><br />

I still can't understand the dishonesty on Hammortree's part. I'm guessing it has something to do with Alabama not having a commission at the time of the fight? Commission or no commission, I personally saw Salter almost take his arm off.
3/4/10 9:51 PM
FCFBlazer
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best part of being on TUF is shit talking and lying I'm sure!  I was entertained by Marlon Simms "Mr Indestructible, I fought 19 dudes at one time, 930 undefeated street fights, etc.

Nothing beats Wes Simms "I beat Frank Mir twice, and Wes Simms will never let the truth get in the way of a good story"

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.