UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 109 free prelims: Danzig v Buccholz, Guillard v To

1/7/10 9:01 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Sources close to the the Feb. 6 event told MMAjunkie.com the one-hour broadcast will include Mac Danzig vs. Justin Buchholz and Melvin Guillard  vs. Ronnys Torres. However, Spike TV officials could not comment on the plans when reached for comment.. The "UFC Prelim" broadcast, which airs at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Spike, precedes the pay-per-view showing of the night's main card.

UFC 109 is the second of 10 "UFC Prelim" broadcasts planned for 2010. The series debuted in September 2009 and have helped bolster last-minute PPV buys – and have scored solid ratings of their own. The recent UFC 108 pay-per-view teaser, which featured Martin Kampmann vs. Jacob Volkmann and Cole Miller vs. Dan Lauzon, set a series record with 1.5 million viewers. (Others have averaged 1.3 million to 1.4 million viewers.)

read entire article....

Main Card
Mark Coleman vs. Randy Couture
Nate Marquardt vs. Chael Sonnen
Mike Swick vs. Paulo Thiago
Demian Maia vs. Dan Miller
Matt Serra vs. Frank Trigg

Prelim Car (Free on Spike)
ustin Buchholz vs. Mac Danzig
Melvin Guillard vs. Ronnys Torres

Prelim Card (Unaired)
Rob Emerson vs. Phillipe Nover
Phil Davis vs. Brian Stann
Tim Hague vs. Chris Tuchscherer
Rolles Gracie vs. Mostapha Al Turk

1/7/10 9:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ramon Maroni
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a feeling the Rolles fight will be aired on spike, it better fucking be
1/7/10 9:03 AM
taylork3
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We seem to have stopped getting these in the UK, did I miss something?
1/7/10 9:51 AM
herculestex1

That sucks you don't get them in th UK, for the free show on spike, you can stream them free cant you?
1/7/10 10:00 AM
Greasegate

It's do or die for Mac. One more loss and he'll be gone.
1/7/10 10:01 AM
TPhenom01
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would much rather see Phil Davis' UFC debut than either of the matchups they're going to show on the prelims.
1/7/10 10:24 AM
jackangle
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the dude has gracie in his last name...instant tv time...would be a bonehead move not to promote this
1/7/10 10:41 AM
QTyp
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jackangle - the dude has gracie in his last name...instant tv time...would be a bonehead move not to promote this

THIS
1/7/10 11:04 AM
awilson82
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

QTyp - 
jackangle - the dude has gracie in his last name...instant tv time...would be a bonehead move not to promote this

THIS

We hope.
1/7/10 11:16 AM
mayhem13
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Id rather see the Gracie or Stann/Mr.Wonderful fight over th Bucholz fight
1/7/10 11:18 AM
Jsteven
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mayhem13 - Id rather see the Gracie or Stann/Mr.Wonderful fight over th Bucholz fight

Me too id also rather see Nover Emerson over Guillard torres
1/7/10 11:27 AM
caposa
1833 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm happy they are showing the Torres fight, his debut has been a long time coming
1/7/10 11:35 AM
mayhem13
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa - I'm happy they are showing the Torres fight, his debut has been a long time coming

Yeah I am looking forward to seeing how he does. Just like basically any Guillard fight, if RT can avoid that initial onslaught, and get it to the ground..that fight should be all his.
1/7/10 2:45 PM
JohnChandler

Ramon Maroni - I have a feeling the Rolles fight will be aired on spike, it better fucking be

I think they're gonna save the Rolles fight for PPV. Bigger introduction to the masses imo.
1/7/10 2:48 PM
Arcot Ramathorn
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Greasegate - It's do or die for Mac. One more loss and he'll be gone.

Same for Buchholz
1/7/10 2:51 PM
JimmersonzGlove
574 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Every fight on the main card is going to go to decision.
1/7/10 2:55 PM
BJJkilla
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gracie>cocaine addict

c'mon UFC!
1/7/10 3:00 PM
Bonzi

Nover trains me, so I have a bias and would love to see his fight on Spike.
1/7/10 3:25 PM
CRBMoney14

Every untelevised except the Nover fight is more intriguing imo then Danzig/Bucholz. But Danzigs a TUf winner.

I expect the Couture, Marquardt, Swick and Serra fights to al go to decision. So not sure how many prelims we will be able to see
1/7/10 3:37 PM
CRBMoney14

mcpeepants232003 - ^ well I doubt Torres/Guillard will go to a decision so we'll probably see at least 1 or 2 more preliminary fights on the Spike broadcast.

Ya Torres should sub him quick, Danzig should also stop Bucholz in the first. Should be enough time to get in the Davis and Gracie fights
1/7/10 3:39 PM
CRBMoney14

The undercard is a lot more intriguing then the main card.

Couture/Coleman, Serra/Trigg and Thiago/Swick are all locks to go to uneventful decisions. Maia will easily outgrapple Miller to a decision or get a sub. Marquardt/Sonnen is a great fight but am I the only one not at all interested in most of these fight?
1/7/10 3:48 PM
orcus

Rather see Nover and Rolles.

Do not understand at all the fascination Zuffa seems to have with Guillard. He sucks and other than his body punch to Gabe he pretty much never even puts on some amazing show or anything like that.
1/7/10 4:11 PM
JimmersonzGlove
574 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -  Rather see Nover and Rolles.

Do not understand at all the fascination Zuffa seems to have with Guillard. He sucks and other than his body punch to Gabe he pretty much never even puts on some amazing show or anything like that.
KO in the first fight of UFC 59. I only remember cuz I was coming in through the gates and saw it on the little TVs in the halls before we made it to our seats.

1/7/10 4:30 PM
Scut Farkus

we got 4 fights for free on spike from UFC 108...let's hope this happens again
1/7/10 4:36 PM
stevekt
698 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is the health status on Nover? He collapsed before his last scheduled fight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.