UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Green Power Ranger: "I am no Kimbo" fights 1/30

1/8/10 9:15 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1031 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

It appears the Power Ranger is ready to take it to the cage.  Jason David Frank, one of the stars of the popular 90's TV show “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers,” is set to make his amateur mixed martial arts debut at the Lonestar Beatdown on Jan. 30 in Houston. The former TV star's first fight will be at heavyweight according to his agent and manager Brian Butler of Suckerpunch Entertainment.

"I know I have a target on my back," Frank said back in September when he announced he would be making the move.  "Everyone is going to want to beat up the Green Ranger. But I am no Kimbo; I've been training for a very long time. I wanted to get in there before, but I got injured. But I'll be ready when the time comes."

For his first fight, Frank will take on Jonathan Mack, another newcomer to the sport who currently has one professional fight to his credit.

read entire article...

He will presumably be sponsored by the Jesus Didn't Tap apparel line, which he owns.

1/8/10 9:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Greasegate
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is correct - he is no Kimbo. People care when Kimbo fights.
1/8/10 9:24 AM
bjm82
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

clarification*

this is in fact an AMATEUR show. and he is making his AMATEUR debut.

carry on
1/8/10 9:33 AM
disbeliever
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HEAVYWEIGHT? seriously? He was in shape last I saw, how the hell is he at heavy weight now
1/8/10 9:42 AM
DWNOMERCY
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude is a total asshole, he was supposed to make his mma debut at a show in Illinois a few years back and pulled out of the fight halfway through the show. Then to boot he shot down a bunch of kids that were waiting around outside the lockerroom for him to get autographs and pictures with him.

btw
LOL at Jesus Didnt Tap
1/8/10 9:58 AM
Greasegate

DWNOMERCY -  Dude is a total asshole, he was supposed to make his mma debut at a show in Illinois a few years back and pulled out of the fight halfway through the show. Then to boot he shot down a bunch of kids that were waiting around outside the lockerroom for him to get autographs and pictures with him.

btw
LOL at Jesus Didnt Tap

Wow what a fag. The fact that he is the guy who owns JDT only adds to his fagginess.
1/8/10 10:03 AM
JudOWNED
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whats with the JDT hate? I mean, sure it's kinda goofy. But no more so than all the ridiculous skulls and pitbulls that adorn most MMA-wear.
1/8/10 10:15 AM
mweekly
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think its a typo, Jonathon Mack is definitely an amateur
1/8/10 10:17 AM
mweekly
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like him or not, he is good.
1/8/10 10:19 AM
smoogy
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DWNOMERCY -  Dude is a total asshole, he was supposed to make his mma debut at a show in Illinois a few years back and pulled out of the fight halfway through the show. Then to boot he shot down a bunch of kids that were waiting around outside the lockerroom for him to get autographs and pictures with him.

btw
LOL at Jesus Didnt Tap

This is unfair, he only left the venue because there were reports that Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd had launched an attack on Angel Grove

1/8/10 10:20 AM
smth416
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slow news day?
1/8/10 10:43 AM
Trick

1/8/10 10:48 AM
LEET060

btw
LOL at Jesus Didnt Tap

The reason why Jason David Frank pulled out is because the athletic commission wanted to change it to a amateur boxing match last minute from an amateur MMA bout.

Plus TheLightsOutShow.com MMA Podcast interviewed him a while back as well.
1/8/10 10:54 AM
Trick

1/8/10 11:12 AM
ajsr
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/08/10 11:15 AM
 This thread needs less romo and more pink power ranger

1/8/10 11:25 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/08/10 11:27 AM
+1 for not knowing an amatuer and pro can fight on an amatuer card?

edit:couldn't find Mack's info in the database?

bjm82 - clarification*

this is in fact an AMATEUR show. and he is making his AMATEUR debut.

carry on

no bare feet in the gym today buddy, wow.
1/8/10 11:26 AM
DWNOMERCY
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LEET060 - 

btw
LOL at Jesus Didnt Tap

The reason why Jason David Frank pulled out is because the athletic commission wanted to change it to a amateur boxing match last minute from an amateur MMA bout.

Thats b.s. I dont care what he said on some podcast, I was there with the promoter and heard the coversations. Jason wanted it changed from a mma match to a amatuer kickboxing match and when that wasnt agreed to he left the building. He had a student of his that he brought with him from texas and as soon as his student's kickboxing match was over they packed their shit and rolled out. He even got on the mic in the cage before leaving and thanked everyone for coming out and saying how he was ready to put on a show in the main event.  
Then as he shit on those little kids whose parents brought them to a mma fight that they didnt even give a fuck about or probably afford to go to just so they could meet a power ranger and he wouldnt even give them the time of day.

I hope he gets his arm snapped off
1/8/10 11:27 AM
disbeliever
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His stand up is sick. His ground game is in question, but I bet he ends it on the feet anyway
1/8/10 11:36 AM
steak and chicken

who cares, didnt some other power ranger fight too? I forget the colour

maybe he is good, maybe not.

but for real, who the fuck cares about a D list former celeb only children know of fighting? this is not news at all.
1/8/10 11:37 AM
MW
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank Jesus I grew up in the ninja turtle era
1/8/10 11:38 AM
DAnthony027

MW - Thank Jesus I grew up in the ninja turtle era

1/8/10 11:40 AM
Mike Sanders

Edited: 01/08/10 11:40 AM
JudOWNED - Whats with the JDT hate? I mean, sure it's kinda goofy. But no more so than all the ridiculous skulls and pitbulls that adorn most MMA-wear.

Jesus tapped bro. Its stupid. If u seen chael vs fillo 1 you know shoutin outs a tap!

EDIT jesus i respect u but u tapped son. just move on & try to come back stronga
1/8/10 11:43 AM
JerseyJoeJitsu

DAnthony027 - 
MW - Thank Jesus I grew up in the ninja turtle era

1/8/10 11:52 AM
Humboldt JuiJitsu
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DWNOMERCY - 
LEET060 - 

btw
LOL at Jesus Didnt Tap

Thats b.s. I dont care what he said on some podcast, I was there with the promoter and heard the coversations. Jason wanted it changed from a mma match to a amatuer kickboxing match and when that wasnt agreed to he left the building. He had a student of his that he brought with him from texas and as soon as his student's kickboxing match was over they packed their shit and rolled out. He even got on the mic in the cage before leaving and thanked everyone for coming out and saying how he was ready to put on a show in the main event.  
Then as he shit on those little kids whose parents brought them to a mma fight that they didnt even give a fuck about or probably afford to go to just so they could meet a power ranger and he wouldnt even give them the time of day.

I hope he gets his arm snapped off

I bet you were pissed when he would not sign your power ranger lunch pail weren't you?

I am just ribbing you man.  But you do seem a little overly emotional about the situation, hoping he get's his arm snapped off and all.

I don't care about the guy either way, but have respect for him for stepping into the cage, especially if he is in fact a successful business owner. 
1/8/10 12:11 PM
RobbieH

Edited: 01/08/10 12:12 PM
Greasegate - He is correct - he is no Kimbo. People care when Kimbo fights.
No real fight fan cares about Kimbo..only little scared suburban white kids or people who just wanna see brawling...unfortunately that's all the average fan wants to see...

Jason could and would fuck kimbo up....and he isn't even a contender!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.