UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Wilson Gouveia discusses his release from the UFC

1/14/10 12:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
2011 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/14/10 12:56 PM

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17553/wilson-gouveia-talks-ufc-release-and-return-to-light-heavyweight.mma

"I was very upset, but I realized that I've got to go back to 205 pounds because I'm not going to kill myself," Gouveia said.

"I've got three kids, and my health and my life comes first," Gouveia said. "I'm not going to risk everything for a paycheck."

"We have a great relationship; I love them and they love me," Gouveia said. "They said the only reason they really cut me was because of the weight, and they wanted me to find out what weight class I'm gonna be fighting, and fight a couple times and go back in.

"And to be honest, they're right. I'm still very happy with them. They've always been very nice to me. I messed up, and that's only my fault, and it's my job now to get back in, train, get a couple wins, and go back to the show."

1/14/10 1:11 PM
crazydave
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meh either way
1/14/10 1:15 PM
Ignignokt
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've always liked his style.
1/14/10 1:19 PM
ajl416az
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dude has a ton of talent.  great BJJ and huge KO power.
he just needs to put some serious focus on strength and conditioning work

dropping didn't help him at all, didn't improve his cardio or make him stronger or faster.  just changed the competition from big strong dudes, to smaller faster dudes.
he already gassed a few times and coasted at 205, and gas is why Marquardt was able to get him late.
1/14/10 1:32 PM
canuck34
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really hope he gets a S&C coach. Against Belcher he made it look like Belcher didn't belong in the same cage as him for about the first 2/3rds of the fight, then he just lost it.
1/14/10 1:33 PM
Tomato Can
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Somehow I'm guessing ATT has a S&C coach.
1/14/10 2:00 PM
AlliancePA
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wilson is a good fighter. There are a lot of good fights for him in the UFC.
1/14/10 2:11 PM
mayhem13
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty sure Wilson runs a ATT branch, and doesn't train at the main academy. Maybehe is doing to much teaching, and needs to take time away from that during fight prep.

Could be mistaken and its possible he does go to Coconut Creek leading up to fights, just a though..either way he's one of my faves to watch..he will be back in!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.