UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> MLS Draft Day

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/14/10 3:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Extendo
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

invalid, did I hear right, Columbus just drafted someone by the name of Bright Dike? I cannot fucking wait for his player introduction.
1/14/10 4:47 PM
invalid
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dude... nobody can

(ordering my gf a dike jersey asap)
1/15/10 1:25 PM
Extendo
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That would be so awesome if Columbus started attracting a militant dyke crowd all rocking his jersey.

Our picks were shit, as expected.
1/18/10 12:22 PM
grizz632
787 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How did I miss Bright Dike? And here I thought the Fire had the best name in the draft with Corben Bone...
1/20/10 6:28 AM
invalid
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Extendo - That would be so awesome if Columbus started attracting a militant dyke crowd all rocking his jersey.

Haha that'd be sweet. Our gay population is one of the largest in the country (I know I'm setting myself up here), but I'll be damned if lesbians don't party the hardest I've ever seen. Bitches always have coke lol
1/20/10 10:05 AM
Extendo

I think that was a reverse trap anyway. Half our city shoots multi-colour rainbows out their assholes every June, and who gives a shit anyway. Agree totally about lesbians rocking out harder than anyone else.
1/22/10 6:33 AM
invalid

I am interested in seeing how things in the league are shaping up. The CBA is still up in the air, the draft picks still need evaluated and signed, team needs to practice, etc...

And all of that before our Champions League games start next month. Should be fun going against Mexican clubs who are in the middle of their season :/
1/28/10 8:13 AM
1 2 3 ACE
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys have some great names over there. Coco Crisp, Felix Pie, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Bright Dike... haha

I wish we had a draft system in England. Wouldn't work for a number of reasons, mainly because we don't have the university infrastructure. Would be great though, and make things a hell of a lot more interesting and competitive.
1/28/10 11:56 AM
invalid

Coco Crisp plays baseball (unfortunately).

And trust me, you don't want a draft system. Our University system fails in comparison to youth academies to ready next gen players for the pro level.
1/29/10 9:43 AM
1 2 3 ACE
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I know, as does Pie.

I'd imagine your university system fails because no-one gives a shit about soccer over there, and it doesn't get much in the way of funding? Certainly in comparison to the money that top European clubs put into academies anyway.
And as such I don't suppose the college circuit of soccer is particularly competitive, and doesn't give good experience to young players.

If the Americans gave a damn about soccer they would easily be an international powerhouse in the game, and potentially dominate for periods. No-one over here likes to admit it, but it's true.
1/29/10 12:37 PM
invalid

1 2 3 ACE - Yeah I know, as does Pie.

I'd imagine your university system fails because no-one gives a shit about soccer over there, and it doesn't get much in the way of funding?

Nah, that's pretty far off. As is saying nobody gives a shit about soccer here.

Basically the problem in its most condensed form is you have a these kids playing part time soccer as ammys (the college season is relatively short) against less than desired competition. On top of that, they end up having to play until they're too old by professional standards (23 or 24) when in the prime develop time
1/29/10 2:34 PM
1 2 3 ACE

Most of the top guys just drafted are 21 and under though, which isn't too bad an age, if a little late. But sure, in such a short career, it's significant, when most European guys are getting pro experience at 17/18. If the college circuit was of a higher standard though, it'd be good for those very early years, and valuable experience, just as our Football League divisions are good experience for high potential youngsters. After all, very few players over here play regular first team football at a Premier League side until they're 20 plus.

I don't mean literally no-one gives a shit, but generally speaking it's not something America cares about. And I can't see that soccer programmes at any level get anything like the same funding as football or baseball, that surely can't be the case. Could easily be wrong on that as I don't know, but I'd be very surprised if you could closely compare the funding those sports get.
1/29/10 2:44 PM
Extendo

Soccer is getting some pretty decent funding in Canada right now, and the numbers of youths picking it up are starting to rival hockey.
2/19/10 10:21 AM
invalid

Bright Dyke still hasn't been cut lol

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.