UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> For my BBQ peeps

1/15/10 11:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheRealMKL
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Question. I have a weber One Touch Gold 22.5 and I was wondering if anyone knows where to find something that will hold the lid on the side or a lid hook or something along those lines. They don't make the slide aside anymore and I was curious if Weber makes something I missed somewhere or if anyone knows how to make one into the kettle itself.

Thanks in advance for the info
1/15/10 11:43 AM
MikeZev
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'd imagine you could put a stainless steel L-bracket under the lid by the edge but i personally wouldnt want to screw into the powder coat.
1/16/10 10:53 AM
crescentwrench
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you can't find an old slide aside maybe you can just bend some thick wire to fashion your own.  Maybe with some old shopping cart or something.  

Mine has what amounts to an L bracket inside the lid.  But it's also coated.  If you want to do that with your own you could probably drill a hole and then use some sort of heatproof glue/sealer to goop around it before you thread the bolt through.  It's near the very edge and placement will be key so it will fit around the curve properly.  I'm trying to find a picture online but can't.  If you're deciding to go this route I'll run out to the shop and take a pic.

One thing I would change if I could is to crimp the end a little to catch the edge of the grill.  It's just a flat piece and if you bump it hard enough the lid can fall off.  So I make sure to always hook the lid over the side of the grill that faces the yard so it will fall onto grass.  If you make your own be sure to add that little adjustment.  
1/16/10 7:50 PM
Kevin Curtis
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bought that same grill last year,and mine has a a bracket inside the lid, which allows you to hang the top on the handle. You sure that your's doesn't have it? Double check... it would be easy to miss.
1/20/10 4:43 PM
TheRealMKL
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn never looked inside the lid I'll double check that when I get home later
1/21/10 8:16 AM
TheRealMKL

Well my dumb ass forgot to look for it last night but I did get this email back from weber about the issue in case anyone is interested in this in the future

" Thank you for your email regarding a slide aside lid holder. You can order replacement parts and accessories directly from customer service at 800-446-1071. We also have an online store at http://store.weber.com, although not all parts are available there.

The information you need is listed below.

Part Numbers/ Pricing

Lid holder for 18.5/22.5" kettles, SS $24.80 8411

All orders are shipped pre-paid. Please add $7.00 for shipping and handling. Orders shipped outside the continental U.S. may be subject to additional charges.

(FL, HI, IL, NJ, NV, NY, MI, PA, WA & TX residents add applicable sales tax)

This part may also be available in stores. A dealer search is available on our website at

Giovanna

Weber-Stephen Products Co.
1890 North Roselle Road
Suite 308
Schaumburg, Il 60195
Phone 800.446.1071
Fax 847.407.8900"

http://www.weber.com/dealer If you need further assistance, please let me know.
1/21/10 11:01 PM
alpo
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am pretty sure all Webers have a hook inside the lid.  Was it defective? 
1/23/10 2:07 AM
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My OTG 22.5 has a little hook inside
1/23/10 8:08 AM
TheRealMKL

I had the hook but I was thinking about that thing they have on the back of the 26 OTG
6/9/10 9:27 AM
reelfoot
460 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my advice is get a big green egg.
6/9/10 12:00 PM
TheRealMKL

I'd like to get a BGE but they are just so damn expensive it's crazy

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.