UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> english guys regarding donovan in everton

1/17/10 11:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pretjah
681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what papers can i check out to get write ups on evertons FC?  and specifically maybe some post game ratings of how they think donovan performed?

i didnt see the first game but saw the man c game.
1/18/10 12:20 PM
grizz632
361 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I keep up with the Toffees via Newsnow mainly

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Everton

Skysports.com is also a good place for match recaps and player ratings

http://www.skysports.com/football/team/0,19734,11671,00.html

I've really been impressed by how well Lando has fit in thus far. I've been a long time Lando hater, but he's won me over and I'd love to have him full time at Everton if he keeps this form up
1/19/10 10:36 AM
1 2 3 ACE
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another for you here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/default.stm

I'm pleased to get the chance to see Donovan regularly, I think most people have regarded him as the best from the US for a while now.
1/19/10 9:43 PM
Pretjah
681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

with out a doubt he's the best American soccer player the US has produced.(non goalie of course) mcbride and reyna are the only ones who can even argue that!

1/22/10 6:34 AM
invalid
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been excited. Finally got to catch him play against Man City
1/28/10 10:27 AM
Pinback
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

English media reaction to Donovan's first goal yesterday vs Sunderland.

From the Times of London.....

Their latest success may have been aided by Sunderland's generosity but that should not detract from Everton's growing sense of confidence in a season that had threatened to go off the rails. The addition of Donovan, an intelligent, thoughtful footballer whose lively movement off the ball was epitomised by Everton's second goal, has clearly helped in this respect.

From the Guardian.....

Chants of "USA, USA" marked the American's first goal for Everton, showing there is still a football ground on Merseyside where that is acceptable.

From the Sun.....

While it opened Donovan's account following his short-term signing from America, the biggest surprise was he did not end up with a hatful against a backline as slapdash as this. Having said that, George McCartney does deserve praise for a wonderful goal-line clearance after Donovan had rounded Craig Gordon.

From the Daily Star.....

The American's 19th-minute strike sent ­Goodison Park wild as he finally found his mark for David Moyes' men.

From the Daily Mirror.....

They have not yet reached the promised land of a European place, but at least Everton saw the Landon they were promised. Landon Donovan scored his first goal for the Goodison club to set them on the way to a comfortable win over sorry Sunderland, to leave his manager David Moyes purring over a polished display from the American.
1/28/10 10:29 AM
Govnor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good for him.
1/28/10 10:43 AM
Pretjah

nice

and it looks like Holden signed with bolton finally!!!
1/28/10 11:00 AM
invalid
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

let's not hope it's Adu part 2 with Holden!
1/28/10 11:01 AM
Pretjah

i dont see how it could be

holden can play!
1/28/10 11:30 AM
Pinback
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Extended highlights from the Sunderland game. Timmy was on fire, too.

http://www.footytube.com/video/evert...nd-jan27-32624
1/29/10 2:32 PM
Extendo
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He seems very calm and appears to be really meshing with the team. The touch to the crest was a nice gesture as well. Is it possible that I warming to Landycakes?

Maybe I just want him out of MLS.
2/7/10 1:59 AM
Takedown
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good to see altidore bagged his first goal today. landon's definitely proving the naysayers wrong so far. glad he's found a niche with everton.
2/7/10 3:29 PM
Pretjah

Takedown - good to see altidore bagged his first goal today. landon's definitely proving the naysayers wrong so far. glad he's found a niche with everton.

altidore was awesome yesterday while talking about hull city can someone tell me what the freak anyone sees in Hunt??? the guy is the worst free kick taker and tackler i've ever seen!!! all he does is run around really fast and hard!!!!
2/9/10 8:50 AM
1 2 3 ACE

Hunt does add a regular goal threat, vital for a side battling relegation. Hull certainly value him highly, turned down £5m on deadline day as I remember. Bullard is probably the most important player to them though, they look a much better side with him pulling the strings. Though they've just picked up two great results without him, so what do I know...

Only saw 45 mins of the Merseyside derby but from what I saw Donovan was the best player on the pitch. Very disappointing Everton performance on the whole though.
2/9/10 4:56 PM
Extendo
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1 2 3 ACE - Only saw 45 mins of the Merseyside derby but from what I saw Donovan was the best player on the pitch.

Were you blind drunk or just blind?
2/9/10 5:03 PM
Pretjah

donovan played very well
2/10/10 7:36 AM
1 2 3 ACE

Extendo - 
1 2 3 ACE - Only saw 45 mins of the Merseyside derby but from what I saw Donovan was the best player on the pitch.

I only saw the second half remember... but absolutely no-one else offered any kind of attacking threat. He was the only Everton player that looked like making something happen. There were no doubt some Liverpool players that put in a great shift defensively, but Everton just made it so easy for them. The only weakness appeared to be Insua up against Donovan, I thought Everton should've done more to get the ball to him.
2/10/10 7:41 AM
Extendo

1 2 3 ACE - 
Extendo - 

I only saw the second half remember... but absolutely no-one else offered any kind of attacking threat. He was the only Everton player that looked like making something happen. There were no doubt some Liverpool players that put in a great shift defensively, but Everton just made it so easy for them. The only weakness appeared to be Insua up against Donovan, I thought Everton should've done more to get the ball to him.

Yeah sorry, I was just being a snarky TFC fan. He's been looking good, and a threat most of the time.

In my opinion he slowed down a bit after a couple failed passes, but no doubt he belongs on the pitch. This is very good for MLS.
2/10/10 2:33 PM
grizz632
361 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let us never speak of that Merseyside derby match again...
2/11/10 6:07 AM
drywallerdave
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How about the match yesterday.saha and donovan looked like the best players on the pitch. some even giving donovan the man of the match even though he did not score a goal. donny looks like a world class player at everton.
2/11/10 7:16 AM
invalid

"That was Landon's best game for us," said Moyes. "But I don't think we'll be able to keep him when his three-month loan expires unfortunately."

David Moyes
2/11/10 9:35 AM
Extendo

Anyone else wondering if he is kicking himself for signing on for another three years at the Galaxy?

A lot of people have speculated that Donovan wants to be a big fish in a small pond. Maybe he was selling himself short.
2/11/10 9:52 AM
Pretjah

it's pure win for donovan

IF he wants to stay at everton he will get it

or he will get what ever he wants from the mls

or he will become the hugest prima donna this side of derek jeter
2/11/10 10:43 AM
invalid

Pretjah -  or he will become the hugest prima donna this side of derek jeter

Is that even possible?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.