UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> PAVLIK EYES MUNDINE, STURM AND MARTINEZ

1/19/10 7:49 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Gorgeous
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Top Rank chairman Bob Arum, president Todd duBoef and Pavlik’s co-manager Cameron Dunkin will meet with HBO officials next week in New York to discuss Pavlik’s future.

Possible opponents include Anthony Mundine, Martinez, WBA middleweight champion Felix Sturm and a fourth possibility that Top Rank is keeping under wraps for now, Dunkin said.

Williams, who was scheduled to fight Pavlik on Dec. 5, does not appear to be among the finalists. After agreeing to fight Pavlik for $1.2 million in December, he now wants to split the proceeds 50-50. Pavlik’s handlers have refused." - Mous Jbeili (17 January 2010)
1/20/10 6:22 AM
Gorgeous

For whatever reason it will suit you if it doesn't pan out.
2/2/10 10:03 AM
Gorgeous

"So, let’s hear it for the middleweights. The top three middleweights all have the records and belts to put on the line. The question is if whether Pavlik and Sturm will give my guy Mundine the opportunity to go the distance and have a chance at their titles. , the division needs to have these middleweights battle it out. Specifically, Mundine needs to go up against either Pavlik or Sturm.

With Pavlik, Sturm, and Mundine, this may very well be the year of the middleweights. In which case, the fight between you know who and you know who won’t matter at all. Boxing need not look to the welterweights – the battle of the middleweights is going to happen and it’s going to be great!" - Mous Jbeili 03 February 2010
2/2/10 6:11 PM
blakGSR
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.mixedmartialarts.com
2/2/10 6:19 PM
HurtingBombs
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mous is blowing hot air, Mundine needs to fight Pavlik or Sturm for his credibility not the other way around. The question is will Mundine agree to fight outside of Australia meaning he won’t take the lion’s share of earnings?

Also Pavlik, Sturm and Mundine could fight a round robin on one PPV and it wouldn’t be as big as Mayweather/Pacquiao.
2/10/10 2:47 PM
Gorgeous

"Australia's IBO welterweight world champion Lovemore Ndou has slammed Anthony Mundine for his proposed clash with an "eight fight novice" and believes he is the boxer who can "shut The Man" up.

Ndou said he was prepared to move up two divisions to fight Mundine at middleweight.

"He doesn't have to worry about going down to junior middleweight, I will fight him at middleweight," Ndou said."

- Mous Jbeili 10 Feb 2010
2/12/10 4:22 AM
Gorgeous

"The bout everybody is waiting for: a Green - Mundine re-match.

WA champion Danny Green has proposed a multi-million dollar rematch for a world title on Anzac Day in Sydney, with 10 per cent of the purse going to indigenous youth of Australia.

With the tagline of "More than Personal", Green said the date of April 25 would be perfect for the rematch – with Mundine being further tempted by Green's IBO Cruiserweight title." - Mous Jbeili (12 February 2010)
2/14/10 9:19 AM
Gorgeous

Edited: 02/14/10 9:19 AM
"Anthony Mundine has shot down Danny Green's calls for an Anzac Day rematch for their 2006 blockbuster.

"I'll come back when I want to come back, not when he demands," 34-year-old Mundine said. "He is talking crap, utter crap.

"Danny Green is infatuated by 'The Man'.

"Everything I do, he wants to be like me. I know he is a fan of mine. I can't blame him. He is a massive fan. I know deep down he is.

"He knows that. He has to live with that for the rest of his life." " - Mous Jbeili (14 February 2010, 23:59 pm)

Personally, I think ANZAC Day is a terrible idea. 
2/14/10 12:06 PM
Gorgeous

Edited: 02/15/10 11:19 AM
See Mr. Haseman? This is how it's done.
2/15/10 8:38 PM
Gorgeous

ttt
2/16/10 10:26 AM
Gorgeous

"NNY Green hopes defeating one of the men that beat "The Man" will smoke Anthony Mundine out of his rabbit hole for a rematch.

"If we can't get the massive overseas names, we will take care of the biggest domestic issue we have," Green said, referring to Mundine." - Mous Jbeili (17 February 2010)
3/7/10 6:13 PM
Gorgeous

Edited: 03/08/10 9:49 PM
"Patrick Manning AS predicted, the star of Saturday night’s Starbodies-PCYC amateur boxing tournament was a man who didn’t even get into the ring.
In fact, Tony Mundine has not fought for decades.

“Tony was really good the way he took time to encourage the young fighters, sign autographs and pose for pictures with whoever approached him. " - Mous Jbeili 08 March 2010   
3/11/10 10:04 PM
Gorgeous

I wonder if AM thinks it's worth while fighting KP and FS :)
3/13/10 11:30 AM
judomf

it's not up to him, he's merely a lower-ranked challenger.
3/14/10 10:52 AM
Gorgeous

ooo so snooty :p
3/21/10 5:52 AM
Gorgeous

Anthony Mundine is also my friend on Facebook. Just so you know :D
3/23/10 1:47 AM
Gorgeous

Pick who should be Anthony's next conquest here :) Your suggestions wil be passed on. I'm voting for Pavlik.
3/28/10 12:02 AM
Gorgeous

:D
4/1/10 3:32 AM
Gorgeous

"Felix Sturm was ringside Saturday night in Hamburg on the big Arena show and received the belt from the WBA confirming his super champ status. As for future plans there are nothing confirmed. As for the WBA standard title we might see Gennadyi Golovkin vs Anthony Mundine but like Sturm, Golovkin is tied in a contractual dispute with Universum." Mous - 1st April 2010
4/1/10 3:32 AM
Gorgeous

"BOXERS Anthony Mundine and Garth Wood yesterday stepped out for the first time since last year's inaugural Contender series, meeting kids at The Block at Redfern.

And we can reveal the pair have finally pencilled in a December date for their big super middleweight fight.

"Garth will probably look to have three or four fights before Mundine." " Mous - 1st April 2010
4/6/10 10:06 PM
Gorgeous

"Manny Siaca has eyes on a rematch with Anthony Mundine, but astonishingly would be prepared to fight at middleweight. Siaca takes on Danny Green for the IBO cruiserweight title next week and, if he wins, is willing to drop an extra 18 kilograms. ''If I win … maybe I come here to fight Mundine … or a rematch with Danny Green,'' he said. Siaca used Mundine's Redfern gym to prepare while he was in Sydney. ''I see him in the States, we talk, we're friends. I'm not like Danny Green and him, they are like cat and mouse, fighting all the time.'' " - Mous, 7 April 2010
4/8/10 2:55 AM
Gorgeous

"Boxing promoters and matchmakers are speculating who among the top three ring gladiators in the middleweight division has the ultimate class, superiority and dominance in the Boxing ring

"The Man'' who is recovering from groin surgery, has been chasing a fight with Pavlik for the past six months.

Launceston boxer Daniel Geale believes he is ALREADY inline to fight world middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik in August?

Your thoughts? " - Mous, 7 April 2010
4/18/10 7:42 AM
Gorgeous

"Matchmaker and cornerman for Anthony Mundine - George Reno - believes The Man would have little trouble repeating his 2006 triumph against Danny Green if the former super middleweight adversaries were to meet again after viewing Green's third-round KO of Manny Siaca in Perth on Wednesday night. ''Watching that performance, Danny Green was very strong but to me he looked slow and robotic and I reckon Choc would beat him at light heavyweight - or any other weight - on any day of the week,'' Reno said.

PARTY TIME FOR THE MAN

ANTHONY MUNDINE was a guest at Russell Crowe's private party after the actor and Souths owner was recognised with a star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame. ''Russell is my man,'' Mundine said. ''For him to get that honour - it's like a world title. He deserved that a long time ago.'' At the party, Mundine mixed with Avatar star Sam Worthington, who wanted to see the man in action, so he visited him training in Freddie Roach's gym. " - Mous 18 April 2010
4/22/10 2:37 AM
Gorgeous

"Gennady Golovkin (18-0, 15KOs) of Kazakhstan, but living in Germany, is finally getting close to his title shot. The WBA ordered Golovkin to fight THE MAN (38-3, 23KOs) for the vacant WBA middleweight title. A purse bid will take place on the afternoon of April 29 in Las Vegas.The title became vacant when the WBA gave champion Felix Sturm the status of "super champion." " - Mous J, 20 April 2010
4/30/10 8:50 AM
judomf

wow, that guy looks legit; i wonder how Mundine is going to avoid him?????

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.