UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> PAVLIK EYES MUNDINE, STURM AND MARTINEZ

5/6/10 2:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Gorgeous
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"WBA #1 middleweight Anthony Mundine has 48 hours to sign a contract to fight #2 rated Gennady Golovkin for the vacant WBA belt after Monday’s WBA purse bid in Las Vegas." - Mous Jbeili 5th May 13:20 pm

5/7/10 1:01 AM
Gorgeous

"The world boxing association (WBA) performed three purse bids on Monday afternoon for the following title bouts- MUNDINE V GOLOVKIN, KAMEDA V SAKATA AND SHUMENOV V UZELKOV. The Purse bids were directed by WBA executives, Gilberto Jesus Mendoza and Jose Oliver Gomez.

The first purse bid was for the WBA middleweight title, between Anthony Mundine and Gennady Golovkin. Epic sport Management in association with Top Rank won the bid with an offer of $1,210,000 dollars. Per WBA rules. the champion will recieve 50% of the purse and the challenger 50%.The minimum purse bid was set at $200,000 dollars. Epic Sport Management and Top rank announced the fight will happen in the month of July. " - Mous Jbeili 4 May 11:09 pm
5/9/10 8:28 PM
Gorgeous

"Top Rank put in a successful bid to promote the vacant WBA middleweight title fight between Anthony Mundine and Gennady Golovkin. But don't look for the fight to be in Las Vegas.

According to Ivaylo Gotzev, who is an adviser to Golovkin, Australia is the likely place for the fight to land, probably in late July. " - Mous 9 May 10 pm
5/9/10 11:45 PM
Gorgeous

Personally, I'm looking forward to this very much :D
5/19/10 2:54 AM
Gorgeous

A lot of people live as if the invasion and its consequences never happened, Head in sand strategies are a bit disturbing to me.
5/20/10 1:01 PM
Gorgeous

*applause*
5/20/10 1:19 PM
Gorgeous

But big of you.
5/22/10 3:23 PM
Gorgeous

Edited: 05/22/10 3:24 PM
 You're Absessing.

"Speculation is growing that Sonny Bill will return to Australia to fight on Anthony Mundine's undercard on June 30 in Brisbane" - Mous 22 May 2010 , 3:05 pm.
5/28/10 7:00 PM
judomf

Gorgeous - A lot of people live as if the invasion and its consequences never happened, Head in sand strategies are a bit disturbing to me.

A lot of people simply don't know their history or anthropology; left-wing ignorance is disturbing to me...
5/30/10 4:43 PM
Gorgeous

You guys are ugly. Get off my thread.
6/5/10 10:10 AM
judomf

Gorgeous -  You guys are ugly. Get off my thread.

It 'aint your thread luv; it's an open forum.

Anytime you want to sign up for an education, let me know.
6/10/10 6:47 PM
Gorgeous

"Sonny Bill Williams will make his second appearance in the ring on the undercard of the KO to Drugs event.

Also in action will be rising star Alex Leapai, the hulking 29-year-old heavyweight from Woodridge

Brisbane Entertainment Center, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia on June 30." - Mous Jbeili  11 June 2010 2:44 am

6/10/10 9:30 PM
HurtingBombs
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow shaping up as one of the greatest nights in the history of Australian boxing.... no make that the world of boxing full stop.
6/12/10 4:19 AM
Gorgeous

Thanks HB :D
6/13/10 11:28 AM
judomf

"Top Rank put in a successful bid to promote the vacant WBA middleweight title fight between Anthony Mundine and Gennady Golovkin. But don't look for the fight to be in Las Vegas.

According to Ivaylo Gotzev, who is an adviser to Golovkin, Australia is the likely place for the fight to land, probably in late July. " - Mous 9 May 10 pm ..''

AM pulled the pín on this and chose to fight a lower-ranked Argentinian, who he has now also pulled the pin on.

Wow, never saw that coming.

What's your excuse for this, Gorgeous????????
6/18/10 4:19 AM
Gorgeous

I like this one better:

" 'THE MAN' PLOTS US INVASION

PHIL LUTTON
June 4, 2010 - 9:21AM

Anthony Mundine is hoping his stint in the famed Wild Card Boxing Club of trainer Freddie Roach will finally provide a ticket to the prime time, including the most audacious of bouts with the biggest fish of them all - Floyd Mayweather Jnr.

When Mayweather gave 'Sugar' Shane Mosley a boxing masterclass last month, most observers rated the win as one of the best displays in recent years, a lop-sided clinic that added credence to Mayweather's claims of being the pound-for-pound kingpin.

For Mundine, it was the inspiration he needed to pull himself out of a mental and physical lull that had him disillusioned with the political machinations of the sport. He sets his lofty ambitions towards a goal his legion of critics will no doubt label as little more than fantasy.

Now 35, Mundine, who made his name at super middleweight, is moving down to junior middleweight. That journey begins on June 30 at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre when he fights Argentinian Jorge Daniel Miranda (36-8-0) for the WBA crown.

Miranda is a straight-forward South American who rarely ventures outside of his home country and will start at long odds.

It's a necessary evil for Mundine if he is truly intent on trying to make his mark in and around the 154-pound mark, although his opponent was barely discussed as he joined Sonny Bill Williams, who fights on the undercard, during the announcement of the bout yesterday afternoon.

Instead, it was his call-out of the almost untouchable Mayweather and the time spent in the gym of Roach, who trains the all-conquering Manny Pacquiao, which dominated the boxing discussions.

"Right now they are probably going to think I am crazy. I mean there would be some Mundine fans saying 'yeah, Mundine is going to get him' but to the American public they wouldn't have a clue," Mundine said.

"Right now, if he [Mayweather] reads it on the internet, he's going to say 'Who the hell is Mundine?'

"But in 12 months or 18 months, he's going to know who I am. Next year, the invasion's going to start.

"I told my management I want to bring them [marquee fighters] out here to showcase to my fans and countrymen. But if I have to, I'll go over there.

"I saw Mayweather fight Mosley. But what has he got that I haven't got?

"I am a very similar fighter to him and he is going to have more trouble with me because I am just as fast and as strong. That's what has really rejuvenated me as a fighter and as an athlete."

The dominoes Mundine is hopeful of toppling on the potential road to Mayweather include welterweight stars Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito.

The reality is he is unlikely to lure either to Australia and will have to make good on his pledge to relocate to the US to follow his bold dream.

Mundine's path to world domination may end at Mayweather but it began amid the blood, sweat and tears of Roach's Hollywood gym, which Mundine likens to a set from a Rocky movie.

After some injuries and failed fights - his manager Khoder Nasser says a deal was done to fight Kelly Pavlik in April before the American pulled out at the 11th hour - Mundine admits he was frustrated and less than enthused about the immediate prospects.

"[I was] definitely disillusioned and frustrated. I was going to fight Gennady Golovkin for the middleweight crown. But he had everything to gain and I had nothing to gain. It's a bad business decision for me," he said.

"Now I'm pumped. I just want to get in the ring and wipe out everyone in front of me until I get the attention of the right people."

A spell in Roach's gym has helped Mundine reclaim his mojo. He walked into the Wild Card Boxing Club as a relative unknown but left with the genuine belief he has what it takes to stack up against the American-based talents, should his management find a way to lock in a career-turning fight.

"I had that gym buzzing, man. The first day I went in there no-one wanted to know me but as soon as I showed them what I had I was treated as a superstar," Mundine said.

"It's got me buzzing as well. I have realised my potential now. It was very beneficial.

"Freddie wanted to see how I committed myself to the gym and to the training. What he saw blew him away. That's why hopefully we're going to have a working relationship with Roach and his team.

"I got a sense of confidence. I'm just another level above. I feel like very time I step in the ring, I can climb that extra level if I need to."

Mundine battled to make the weight in his last bout against Rob Medley in January but believes he can drop down to junior middleweight and retain his power and stamina.

Sonny Bill Williams will make his second appearance in the ring on the undercard of the KO to Drugs event.

His opponent is yet to be decided but the football star, who will decide on his playing future within the week, is hoping for a better test than Gary Gurr, who he embarrassed last year in the charity event.

Also in action will be rising star Alex Leapai, the hulking 29-year-old heavyweight from Woodridge who looks set to meet Jamaican Owen Beck, who will provide him with the sternest test yet in his heavyweight career should the bout come to fruition.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=32770744852#!/group.php?gid=32770744852&v=info "

6/19/10 11:47 PM
Gorgeous

Edited: 06/19/10 11:53 PM

" ANTHONY "Choc" Mundine has lashed out at fellow Aborigines and rugby league greats Arthur Beetson and Gorden Tallis, calling them "coconuts" for not speaking up to support Timana Tahu's stand against racism.

"I'll tell you point, straight, blank - they are coconuts," Mundine said."I don't respect them for that. Whether we lose that friendship or not, I'll tell them straight up." " - Mous Jbeili 20 June at 02:48

For those of you who are unaware, 'coconut,' is a euphemism for those who are, 'white,' on the inside. And, 'white,' generally, is a euphemism for those who are unaware of Aboriginal identity and that it is distinct from any other identity in any way. It is an insult indictating someone who is a bit thick and unobservant, or in this case someone who does not identify with Aboriginal issues or pretends there is no problem.

6/27/10 11:28 AM
Gorgeous

Hater!
6/27/10 11:30 AM
Gorgeous

Can't you feel how upsetting and stressful maintain those beliefs is? Get rid of it buddy :D Man up and feel guilt for treating people the way you have, apologize to those you've offended and move on with the rest of the world :D
6/29/10 12:45 AM
blakGSR
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

An abo dog shotted my grandfather in the pub 50 years ago.
I demand an apology from an aboriginal representative.
7/1/10 9:28 PM
Gorgeous

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
7/26/10 12:15 AM
Gorgeous

"Nasser said. '' We found them to not be people … with a real interest in the sport. They had no credibility so we didn't want to deal with them and we decided not to have anything more to do with them.''

The IBO has no such rules, enabling Green to stage a cruiserweight world title bout against an opponent such as Briggs, who had been inactive for almost four years and had not before fought in the division." Mous - 25 July at 01:03
7/30/10 8:05 PM
judomf

If you love fellating Mundine so much, would you care to expalin why he ducked Golodkin the undefeated Kazakh and chose to fight two un-rated bums instead?

i'm fully prepared to give AM his due, i just want him to prove his mettle first, then he can talk...
8/2/10 11:17 AM
Gorgeous

"Mundine, who hopes the fight against the WBA's No.7-ranked junior middleweight can propel him to a shot at Miguel Cotto or Antonio Margarito, intends to demand all future opponents undergo three blood tests for drugs before their bouts.

''I want to set a precedent in boxing here and clean up the sport,'' Mundine said. ''I just feel that in the past there have been some fighters who have had some enhancement. I am not going to name names but I feel that they couldn't take the punishment and respond the way they did. I just feel that some guys will go to any lengths to beat me and if that is by taking drugs and enhancing their bodies illegally, then they will do that, because that is how much it means to them.''

SOURCE: SMH
BRAD WALTER
July 29, 2010"

- Mous Jbeili (3 Aug 12:59 am)
8/6/10 2:39 AM
Gorgeous

BAN Please?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.