UnderGround Forums

Royce Gracie >> a grown man says he's a yellow belt...

1/21/10 11:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bbyslvrbk
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

at this place here locally. i feel like strangling him with his own belt. please tell me i am correct in my initial feeling. closing in on my purple and the only yellow belts ore kids and teens from what i have ever seen. am i wrong?
1/21/10 1:03 PM
bbyslvrbk
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

please, not a troll job. i have trained hard to get where am at in my skill set only to have a guy like this close to home.
1/26/10 8:34 AM
RobbieH
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saulo uses the kids belt system mixed with the regular system for adults.... So do many others now it seems...
1/27/10 1:06 AM
bbyslvrbk

thanks
1/6/11 10:16 PM
c4bjj
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i thought saulo used a colored stripe system....i know he talked about it in a video or podcast but i cant find it
1/9/11 12:30 PM
bromaplata
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From what i understand its the equivalent to one stipe on a white belt
3/24/11 11:22 PM
Old Red Belt
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/24/11 11:23 PM
In most martial arts that have a belt system there are 3 kyu ranks for beginner, 3 kyu ranks of intermediate, and 3 kyu ranks of advanced and then a Black Belt with dan rankings.<br /><br />Within that system I have seen all colors. I use White, WhiteII and then Yellow, Green, Green II and then Purple, and three grades of Brown Belt that seems practical to me.<br /><br />Tae Kwon Do seems to have several more rankings below black belt don't ask me why.<br /><br />It would seem Dr. Jigaro Kano came up with the belt ranking for Judo and the others followed. The age of the person doesn't matter.<br /><br />

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.