UnderGround Forums

GirlGround >> Order of importance for things on Valentines Day

1/22/10 9:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
acid jazz
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From most imporant to least important, how would you rank the following things in order of importance for Valentines Day?

Flowers
Being taken out to eat at a restaurant
Lingerie
Getting a babysitter
Getting it on
Being surprised with a different activity you have not done before
1/22/10 11:05 AM
Shawty52
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1. Getting it on
2. Being surprised with a different activity you have not done before
3. Being taken out to eat at a restaurant
4. Lingerie
5. Flowers
6. Getting a babysitter (I don't have kids)
1/22/10 1:30 PM
NorthernHospitality
1349 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Getting it on
Babysitter
Being surprised with a different activity you have not done before
Lingerie
Being taken out to eat at a restaurant
Flowers

1/25/10 11:39 PM
cincibill

Thank you, this is a great help.

But guys, be mindful and don't fall into the trap. This means a different activity that she will like!
1/26/10 9:31 AM
acid jazz
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cincibill - Thank you, this is a great help.

But guys, be mindful and don't fall into the trap. This means a different activity that she will like!
This can be tough sometimes, trying to figure out something new she will like. A new activity seems to be very popular for women.
1/26/10 3:21 PM
Shawty52

New activities can be exciting, and I don't think it necessarily has to be related to Valentine's Day.

For example, while I'm thinking over conversation from the last week or so...I've always wanted to try zip lining, wall/rock climbing, going to the shooting range, and paintball.

None of those are even mildly related to typical Valentine's Day activities, but they would be cool new experiences my BF and I could do together.
1/29/10 8:14 AM
acid jazz

Shawty52 - New activities can be exciting, and I don't think it necessarily has to be related to Valentine's Day.

For example, while I'm thinking over conversation from the last week or so...I've always wanted to try zip lining, wall/rock climbing, going to the shooting range, and paintball.

None of those are even mildly related to typical Valentine's Day activities, but they would be cool new experiences my BF and I could do together.
Nice ideas. For some reason valentine threads don't seem to do well on the OG.
1/29/10 4:14 PM
boxesshadows

acid jazz - Nice ideas. For some reason valentine threads don't seem to do well on the OG.

This literally made me laugh.

I can't rank your list, because most of them mean nothing to me personally-  though they might mean something to your partner. What are your thoughts? Or better yet, find a way to ask her.

My thoughts:
If she/you have children, a trusted babysitter might be at the top. Especially if you were in a romantic relationship prior to there ever being children (rejuvenating/space/return to before). On the flipside, (and I don't have children, so I could be WAY off base here) possibly one of the most romantic things could be to do something all together. Valentine's day is about love, not necessarily romance or even sex. Showing her you value the relational dynamics of all could be a great gesture (and lead to a very nice intimately personal "thank you"). It might be an opportunity to work in that "new" activity.

Either way, step out of the cliche. The non-Vday themed suggestions were good ones. Sometimes the best way to leave someone breathless is to do so literally.

Do something on the 13th and say you simply couldn't wait.

2/1/10 9:35 AM
acid jazz

boxesshadows - 
acid jazz - Nice ideas. For some reason valentine threads don't seem to do well on the OG.

This literally made me laugh.

Seriously? Those are standard V-day activities. What would your list look like?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.