UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Don Frye: Jmes Toney requires his arms broken

1/23/10 10:42 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

"I tell you what: Anybody who fights an [expletive] like James Toney or Herschel Walker or Jose Canseco or any of them other [expletives] that come into our sport at their age should be required to take them down and break as many bones as possible on them and keep them crippled for six-to-eight weeks," Frye recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "I'd break both their [expletive] arms so they'd have to hire somebody to wipe their ass for the next six-to-eight weeks. It should be a requirement."

"That's why nobody respects this sport, and it's just a circus act right now," Frye said. "They have these morons come in at the age they should be sitting in the retirement home, and they walk in and get a high-dollar fight."

read entire article...

1/23/10 10:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ranier wolfcastle
992 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

could this be the beginning hype of frye vs toney in ufc?
1/23/10 10:57 PM
brahmabull81
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with him.

These old geezers come trying to make a last buck at the expense of a sport trying to fight for legitimacy because they see other old farts doing the same thing. Its not right. A 50 year old guy getting punched in the head repeatedly (a guy new to fighting no less) could very well lead to MMA's first fatality.

I dont think Toney is quite in that category. That guy can still fight, and when motivated is still a p4p great. At least from what Ive seen of him lately.

But guys like Conseco, I totally agree with.
1/23/10 11:00 PM
Elite Hunting
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brahmabull81 - I agree with him.

Then you are just as big a douchebag as Don Frye is.
1/23/10 11:04 PM
Steamfitter

Frye tried his hand at K-1 and was beaten like a stray dog by Jerome LeBanner. Frye knows what the hell he is talking about....
1/23/10 11:26 PM
armbarseverywhere
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ARMBARS EVERYWHERE
1/24/10 12:17 AM
OneScoup

It's true that bringing in Conseco or Walker is disrespectful to the sport. But not Toney, he's an elite competitor in an MMA subart. It wouldn't be disrespectful to bring in an elite BJJ, Wrestling or Muay Thai fighter who's 41...
1/24/10 12:19 AM
KenTheWalrus
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brahmabull81 -  A 50 year old guy getting punched in the head repeatedly (a guy new to fighting no less) could very well lead to MMA's first fatality.

MMA already had its first death. -ken
1/24/10 12:33 AM
KenTheWalrus
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - Signing your MMA.tv post is not required.. please see the FROM: field above your post. -inf0

I do it in homage to the first guy that challenged me to a fight on an MMA board. He thought I lived far far away when I really only lived about 50 miles away. He told me if I wanted to accept his challenge I had to sign my post with my name.

I signed my post, he tucked and I've been signing my name ever since. Maybe one day ole Bobby Bennet will come out from the shadows.

PS New school frames, name is on the side. -ken
1/24/10 12:39 AM
Ronin 7
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit just got real...I would like to see Frye Vs. Toney....ASAP.
1/24/10 12:42 AM
Dougie
938 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frye speaks the correct.
1/24/10 12:46 AM
tumn

Don is fucking awesome, haha.
1/24/10 1:00 AM
Jack Scagnetti

Don Frye is completely washed up. He's just looking for one more big payday.
1/24/10 1:00 AM
Flying Teep
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/24/10 1:00 AM
Frye is right. Why should some has-been from another sport, who hasn't proven himself nor paid his dues, jump in for a big last payday while Frye is making peanuts at local events. He is justifiably pissed.
1/24/10 1:23 AM
Steamfitter

Flying Teep - Frye is right. Why should some has-been from another sport, who hasn't proven himself nor paid his dues, jump in for a big last payday while Frye is making peanuts at local events. He is justifiably pissed.

Fuck that noise. Kimbo deserves his bread. Frye was never that great and was done in the sport 5 years ago. The only reason Pride kept him because he was a good "worker".
1/24/10 2:12 AM
hmb

I had no idea anyone actually used the new forum style.

-hmb
1/24/10 3:20 AM
Steamfitter

omg, this site looks like shit without frames.
1/24/10 3:23 AM
Mmanizzle

Frye is a pioneer that hung around a long time... He's irrevelent now... He's not being talked about as one of the greatest either... He's got a huge chip on his shoulder for his past accomplishments... He's probably looking for a big pay day, is the only reason he's talking so much trash... Jose Conseco was a phoney, James Toney is a boxer running his mouth... Herschel is paying his dues, he's going to be like a Kimbo celebrity status because he's already got a fan base... Brock has cross over fans from WWE. If Lebron James was a mixed martial artist, he'll get big ass pay checks too... Don Frye, your time has passed brother, you haven't done anything in a while except get in that gangster movie after your fighting days were over... No one knows you, you aint getting the cheddar like these guys now, so you're jealous... Waaa waaaa...
1/24/10 3:40 AM
Mmanizzle

Jack Scagnetti - Don Frye is completely washed up. He's just looking for one more big payday.

yep!
1/24/10 3:46 AM
FloridaStriker

Don is correct. Im sitting around my home just after retirement and start thinking about calling up Nascar and telling them i want to race the best they have in 6 months time. That's respect for their sport?

get the fuck outta here.
1/24/10 4:57 AM
daba

but if these circus acts beat legitimate fighters then what can you say? maybe frye was being careful with his words but grandpa ray mercer did beat a former ufc champ.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.