UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Denis Kang signs with W1 mma

1/24/10 3:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
benoliviero
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Exclusive: Denis Kang Signs With W1 MMA

Top MMA News has confirmed with Jack Bateman, president of W1 MMA, that Denis Kang, Canada’s #2 ranked Middlweight, has signed a two-fight deal with the organization. Kang is set to headline W-1: Bad Blood on March 20th at the Centre Pierre Charbonneau in Montreal. Rumors were floating around regarding Denis potentially signing with Strikeforce or Dream making this a significant free agent acquisition by W1.

Kang was released from his UFC contract after going 1-2 with the organization with his most recent loss coming at the hands of Michael Bisping via TKO at UFC 105: Couture vs. Vera. Kang’s opponent for the W-1 card has not been confirmed at this time.

Keep it tuned to TopMMANews.com for news and lead up to W-1: Bad Blood on March 20th.
1/24/10 5:37 PM
john joe
395 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only Magazine, Website Editor
i feel bad for kang getting dropped, i like that guy
1/24/10 5:38 PM
CindyO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't believe Strikeforce didn't sign him.

Cindy
1/24/10 5:41 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I heard they were trying, but W-1 wanted him more. They're a Canadian promotion and Denis is a hot commodity here.
1/24/10 5:42 PM
hmb

DK is not that good. Sorry.
1/24/10 5:58 PM
smoogy
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO -  I can't believe Strikeforce didn't sign him.

Cindy

Considering they have 15-20 viable middleweights already, is it really that hard to believe?
1/24/10 5:58 PM
lookoutawhale
1009 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

was hoping to see Denis on strikeforce.

oh well good luck anyways!
1/24/10 6:02 PM
awilson82
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Figured SF would snatch him up.
1/24/10 10:37 PM
CindyO

Mike Russell - I heard they were trying, but W-1 wanted him more. They're a Canadian promotion and Denis is a hot commodity here.

At least they tried;)

Cindy
1/24/10 10:43 PM
caposa
1665 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

after he picks up a couple wins, im sure a bigger org will grab him
1/24/10 11:06 PM
OwlOGD

Carlos Newton fights for W-1

Newton-Kang maybe?
1/25/10 12:39 AM
evangelico

kang fan for life
1/25/10 12:41 AM
tumn

Should not have been dropped from the UFC, should have been given 1 more fight.
1/25/10 12:44 AM
BJJkilla
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why didn't strikeforce sign him?
1/25/10 12:46 AM
chilz
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

smoogy - 

Cindy

Considering they have 15-20 viable middleweights already, is it really that hard to believe?
...exactly he would suffer the same fate in SF that he suffered in the UFC. The guy has never beaten any top competition.
1/25/10 12:46 AM
BzGrappla

Strikeforce gots dan hendo.. that guy that knocked Bisbing about 10 feet through the octagon
1/25/10 2:20 AM
evangelico

chilz - 
smoogy - 

Cindy

...exactly he would suffer the same fate in SF that he suffered in the UFC. The guy has never beaten any top competition.

kang made it to the finals of the bushido welterweight grand prix and arguably won his last fight against kazuo misaki, while fighting for the second time that night, with a badly torn bicep. misaki had beaten dan henderson to get there.

kang beat akihiro gono earlier that night, and ninja rua earlier that year. both of those guys were top competitors in 2006.

kang looked like he was destined to rule 185 and then right before bushido 13 he had some really hard stuff happen in his life. since then he has had a hard time turning in the elite level performances the sport demands. but to say he has never beaten any top competition is just false chilz.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.