UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Miguel Torres fires camp, now Dellagrotte,Drysdale

1/25/10 6:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
2031 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I've used the same training partners for 11 or 12 years, and I haven't brought any of them back for this fight," Torres told the Las Vegas Sun. "What ended up happening was — I wasn't getting cocky, they got cocky. They would say, 'Oh, you're going to kill this guy. He's only got seven fights.'"
1/25/10 6:27 PM
Zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, he needs to get behind the mike once his fighting days are over.

1/25/10 6:31 PM
FieryErmine
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta do what works for him. I wish him well and look forward to seeing his next fight.

Robin.
1/25/10 6:34 PM
Sudo21
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good move, after so many years, there is always need to change something.
1/25/10 6:34 PM
Archer0545

Cant wait to see Torres light it up in Columbus!
1/25/10 6:43 PM
TheRealJoker
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am surprised he went as long as he did with the success he had before moving onto a "bigger" camp. Correct me if I am wrong but I was always under the impression he basically ran his own training camps without a head coach and guys that were better than him in different areas.
1/25/10 7:05 PM
GardnerD

His old camp made him the star that he is and the MMA god that he is in his own mind.

Not his camps fault that brian left him cold and shivering unconscious on the canvas. He wants brian as bad as mir wants bock.

Looks like he was keeping his hands low in that video.
1/25/10 7:10 PM
eqard 1

im a torres fan for awhile .
i think it was great that he took some much needed time off + hes NOT coming right back to fight bowles .... hes warming back up 1st . on the other hand >>

dont know about his former training partners but .... me being a fan of his , i do say that he had been holding his hands WAY to low .... anyone new who doesnt correct that will be back to square 1 soon ... his wrestling ability isnt any where it needs to be for that level either .... he also could be stronger physically

i wish him all the best as hes one of my favorites

i remember commenting to friends that the only way i saw him losing to bowles was for him to get cracked with bowles overhand punch ... over his really low kept hands .... bowles jumped on that like a kid on candy
1/25/10 7:28 PM
asscobra
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why would he go to Drysdale for his BJJ? He has Carlson Gracie Jr. at his disposal and there are a ton of other great BBs in the midwest not to mention the east coast. Drysdale doesn't exactly produce MMA champions nor does he even fight.
1/25/10 7:39 PM
timmyfront
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if you watch the whole interview he doesn't trash his old camp. basically the same story of great fighters seeking greater coaches.
1/25/10 7:40 PM
asscobra
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

timmyfront - if you watch the whole interview he doesn't trash his old camp. basically the same story of great fighters seeking greater coaches.

He kind of made them seem like a bunch of "yes men". Kind o flike how people talk about BJs camp
1/25/10 7:51 PM
DueceDroppin

Damn ego is a powerful thing.
1/25/10 9:35 PM
TheLuckyMilkMan
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

changing his routine is one thing... speaking negatively about the people who brought him to where he is simply because he lost this time is totally different.

all i gather form this is that their words got to his head. not any improper training but just words...
1/25/10 10:24 PM
Momentum
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I say Miguel at Robert's dojo when I was in Vegas. He is training hard and has the fire in his eyes. He is driven to be a better fighter and I think Miguel's best fights are ahead of him. He is definitely on a seek and destroy mission these days.

As for the comments on Drysdale, he works with lots of the MMA guys. I suspect if you asked any of them they would tell you he provided a lot of value to their games. He has had one MMA fight and I think he told me he has another one in a couple months. Robert is much for of a fighter than just a good BJJ guy. I think he will be a force in MMA in the coming years now that he seems more focused on that goal.
1/25/10 11:11 PM
eqard 1

momentum.... torres has always had fire in his eyes , always will .... he needs to accept the fact that his hands are slow and thus ... his hands need to stay REAL high !!!

his not getting ttaken down at will by a very good wrestler needs to be heavily addessed .... everything else is world class ....

new camp or old camp needs to quit bullshitting him .... period

i wish him the very best , cause hes got big league talent and a world class heart .... he needs to work on his weaknesses IE ( NOT jiutsu or kickboxing )
1/25/10 11:26 PM
GardnerD

Just weird, go on a 5 year 17 win streak and fire your camp?
1/25/10 11:45 PM
MickColins
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

asscobra - Why would he go to Drysdale for his BJJ? He has Carlson Gracie Jr. at his disposal and there are a ton of other great BBs in the midwest not to mention the east coast. Drysdale doesn't exactly produce MMA champions nor does he even fight.

Wondered about that myself.  Seems strange to me to lose once in  years and then try to "mix things up". Especially when his BJJ has never been an issue. His issue with Bowles was Bowles hitting him very hard in the stand up.
1/26/10 12:52 AM
7 Dust

Torres has always been a class act - Every comp I've seen him at he was always cool.

A lot of milage on that Miguel. Just don't see him getting back on top. Cruz and Bowles tuff tuff dudes. I do wish him well though.
1/26/10 1:00 AM
xakx

ttt
1/26/10 1:06 AM
The Sultan
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt - good to see that he's working with Mark.  It should do well for his standup.
1/26/10 2:55 AM
MickColins
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thunderlips The Ultimate Male - Torres needs to wrestle more and do less BJJ. 

Yea. 22 wins by submission. BJJ just isn't doing it for him on the ground. He lost to Bowles because he wanted to stand and wang and got caught by a bomb. 
1/26/10 3:56 AM
bigraydaddy
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for after work
1/26/10 4:20 AM
ElPapaya

got a mirror for the video? not working for me
1/26/10 5:09 AM
KRoyer

4 later
1/26/10 8:33 AM
Chris
366 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

video working for anyone else?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.