UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Melbourne Rocks!!!!!!!

1/27/10 7:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
johnny54
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi there,just thought i would let everyone know that i just got back from a jiu jitsu training trip to Frank Barca's 10th planet jiu jitsu school in melbourne.Fan freakin tastic!!.The melbourne crew couldn't be more helpful,honest and just plain ol good blokes that just wanna train and progress in jiu jitsu.This was my first experience with 10th planet jiu jitsu in person,ie i studied the 10th planet dvd's and books etc and trained the material with a mate who came with me to melb.But i highly recommend to anyone out there who is doing the same,ie learning the system from books,dvds,youtube etc after having privates with frank,you really need to get the little subtle nuances that really make the technique work,and Frank is your man when it comes to that,he is a very technical and articulate instructor,anyhoo a big thumbs up for 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Melb,i suggest if you have any interest in the 10th Planet style get yourself to melb and do some training with frank and the gang.You won't regret it!!,cheers good training to you all,James(Tas Devil)guy.
1/27/10 8:22 PM
byron2001

:)
1/27/10 11:31 PM
Cedar

in b4 the australian inquisition.
1/28/10 12:32 AM
HurtingBombs
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*grabs pile of shit.... throws it at fan.
1/28/10 12:59 AM
byron2001

ahhhh...

I'm not even going to bother.
1/28/10 4:36 AM
Cedar

Edited: 01/28/10 4:36 AM
byron2001 - ahhhh...

I'm not even going to bother.

that's no fun.. :(

johnny54 - Hi there,just thought i would let everyone know that i just got back from a jiu jitsu training trip to Frank Barca's 10th planet jiu jitsu school in melbourne.Fan freakin tastic!!.The melbourne crew couldn't be more helpful,honest and just plain ol good blokes that just wanna train and progress in jiu jitsu.This was my first experience with 10th planet jiu jitsu in person,ie i studied the 10th planet dvd's and books etc and trained the material with a mate who came with me to melb.But i highly recommend to anyone out there who is doing the same,ie learning the system from books,dvds,youtube etc after having privates with frank,you really need to get the little subtle nuances that really make the technique work,and Frank is your man when it comes to that,he is a very technical and articulate instructor,anyhoo a big thumbs up for 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Melb,i suggest if you have any interest in the 10th Planet style get yourself to melb and do some training with frank and the gang.You won't regret it!!,cheers good training to you all,James(Tas Devil)guy.

was a pleasure to meet you guys. fun times!
1/28/10 6:08 AM
walbjj
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

can i ask what belt or experience u have
1/28/10 5:27 PM
Mr Dooley
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

was good having you and phil at training the last few days, always good to roll with different people. all the best.
1/28/10 8:27 PM
byron2001

walbjj - can i ask what belt or experience u have

I'm curious as well
1/28/10 9:12 PM
johnny54

sure,i have about 4 yrs jiu jitsu experience am a blue belt,purple stripe in will machado and have trained overseas ie axis rickson gracie gym in tokyo(2 weeks) Las vegas combat club under brazillian black belt sergio penha(2 weeks),a months training at Tiger MMA gym phuket thailand under "Magical Ray Elbe" and 2 weeks training at Peter Debeens academy in st kilda.:)
1/30/10 3:35 PM
4Fingers

Hey James, did not realise you posted here! Don't forget to mention llama! ; ) dw
1/31/10 9:03 PM
blakGSR
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How did it compare to a session with Jason "Singer" Smith?
2/1/10 12:15 AM
AlexGilmour

Edited: 02/01/10 12:16 AM
blakGSR - How did it compare to a session with Jason "Singer" Smith?

LOL!
2/1/10 6:57 PM
Mr Dooley
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think ive missed something? who is jason singer smith?
2/1/10 11:07 PM
johnny54

dunno???,straight over the top of my head,that one?.
2/1/10 11:47 PM
HurtingBombs
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Singer is a student of 10th planet USA, professional rock climber, subject of documentary and possibly soon to be a movie.
2/1/10 11:52 PM
Mr Dooley

wow thats pretty cool if all true, i gotta admit im not sure if youre taking the piss or not coz i never heard of him when i was training over there.

what does he have to do with this thread? is he even a real person? seriously, is he?
2/2/10 9:44 AM
AlexGilmour

Mr Dooley - i think ive missed something? who is jason singer smith?

He was taking the piss.
There is a thread about him over at InfiniteMMA, gets good around the 2nd/3rd page.

http://infinitemma.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/13733/
2/2/10 6:04 PM
HurtingBombs

I don't think he was taking the piss. Singer is somewhat of a 10th planet mercenary and BlakGSR was probably interested in how he measures up with the formal academy.

I've heard Singer is a rogue who refuses to be graded. Some say he is only a blue shirt while others claim he could be ranked as highly as a brown or even black shirt!
2/2/10 6:11 PM
blakGSR
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was not taking the piss.
Just want an objective account of Singer and where he sits in the 10th planet pecking order.
2/3/10 11:25 AM
AlexGilmour

HurtingBombs - I don't think he was taking the piss. Singer is somewhat of a 10th planet mercenary and BlakGSR was probably interested in how he measures up with the formal academy.

I've heard Singer is a rogue who refuses to be graded. Some say he is only a blue shirt while others claim he could be ranked as highly as a brown or even black shirt!

wow. If he is a brown or black shirt then I'm Roger Gracie.
9/22/10 12:24 PM
ken amtrack

Edited: 09/22/10 12:26 PM
Hoger

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.