UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Putting together a Cook book..

1/29/10 7:46 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ferox13
603 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/29/10 7:47 AM

I posted this on another forum but I thought it might make a good first post on the food ground...

I'm starting to back into cook- well veggie cooking anyway since i have no idea how to cook meat (longpig or otherwise).

So I started to keep recipes I liked or liked the look of with the intent of putting together a scrap book type Cookbook of my (stolen) Recipes. So I started keeping print outs and photocopies etc. Then it came to me I'd photoshop them a bit ....

I just started today and I'm still working on the 'look' of it:

Heres some Dips I wanna try:

Also a recipe for the famous Elvis PB sambo (ok i didn't really need to write down the recipe for this but couldn't resist using the report of it..)

:

The riata dip page also has still/posters from The Stranglers of Bombay on it :-)

I hope to keep this up and eventually get it bound :-)

Stolen Xmas stuff from me Ma's RTE guide :-)

1/30/10 2:17 PM
ferox13
603 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

unfallenstar - 

The F&W doesn't take kindly to vegetarians.  In fact we have all signed a pact to eat 3x as much meat as the average person to make up for the 1 in 3 vegetarians there are.

Its an old joke - seen the tshirt etc..
1/31/10 3:03 AM
Handsomejaws
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a great idea Ferox, I really like the concept you got going. I'd like a copy when you finish this up.
1/31/10 6:33 AM
ferox13

unfallenstar -  So will you join us in eating 3x as much meat as you presently do?

Ni i'll be eating 3 carrots for evry fish or rabbit u eat..
1/31/10 10:51 PM
crescentwrench
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's a freakin' sweet concept for a cookbook.  I don't know what kind of property rights there are for recipes but that might be a publishable idea.  If you don't look into that I might.  
2/1/10 6:04 AM
ferox13

crescentwrench - That's a freakin' sweet concept for a cookbook.  I don't know what kind of property rights there are for recipes but that might be a publishable idea.  If you don't look into that I might.  

It'll take forever to get together but i'll have a free downloadable PDF for any one that wants it..
2/1/10 8:57 AM
crescentwrench
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That would be sweet.  You should throw it up on cafepress too.  I did that with an old family cookbook and now friends or family that lost theirs or didn't get the original can go order one.  I scanned all the old hand drawn pages and transcribed every recipe by hand so it would lay out correctly on the page.  Yeah, it took for-goddamn-ever.  
2/3/10 6:13 AM
ferox13

I don't think worms (even free range) are vegetarian though...

2/3/10 8:07 AM
ferox13

Redid the Humus page - yet to try most of the varients though...

Photobucket
2/3/10 5:02 PM
droc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sweet Ferox, nice work
2/8/10 11:12 AM
ferox13

Cool bobby - it'll prolly be a year or 2 before i gather enough stuff..

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.