UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Al-Turk in doubt for UFC 109 with visa issues

1/29/10 10:22 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
914 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Rolles Gracie is still set to make his UFC debut on Feb. 6, but it may be against a new opponent. Mostapha Al-Turk has run into visa issues that could prevent the British fighter from making the trip to Las Vegas for the upcoming fight.

Sources close to the situation informed MMAWeekly.com about the visa problems on Friday, stating that if Al-Turk is not able to make the fight, Gracie would face an alternate opponent.

There was no timetable given for how long the UFC would give Al-Turk to solve the visa issues before naming a new opponent.

read entire article...

1/29/10 10:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DanTheWolfman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd fight Mr. Gracie

DanTheWolfman@hotmail.com

he's 3-0 I'm 3-3

I am at 232 not sure about his wt?
1/29/10 10:39 PM
Master Shredder
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont think Gracie is ready for your "secret" techniques...

1/29/10 10:47 PM
Cyril Jeff
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanTheWolfman - I'd fight Mr. Gracie

DanTheWolfman@hotmail.com

he's 3-0 I'm 3-3

I am at 232 not sure about his wt?

send in the WOLFMAN!!!
1/29/10 10:51 PM
DanTheWolfman

lol, you never know

I put energy out into the universe and cool stuff happens sometimes

I've got pretty good RNC and arm triangle defense

How big is he?
1/29/10 11:35 PM
LG4life

Maybe you could give some pointers to him after the fight, too.
1/29/10 11:49 PM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 01/29/10 11:55 PM
No but if I somehow in thearetical terms managed to win by any means or survive to a jd maybe I would get my bjj brown belt finally after 13 yrs and some private instructions too! Would love to learn some jitsu from him and I am curious to see how good his takedowns and hands are. Maybe I could help him with high kicks, don't know how much he's doing though I read interview says he is working hard on striking, besides his tadedowns and ground game, but will always look for the ground game.

heck, I've picked up pointers from Jeremy horn after we fought-the double knee ride and backbreaker are things he did to me in the half hour long hard rolling session (I think Spencer Fisher may have already maid me aware of it saying it came from Horn, not sure if that was before or just after) I payed him for instead of a typical private-

I just went and trained in Yuki Kondo's class and rolled with his students 2 months ago. Think he was paying close attention when all the students he had just taught the leg lace knee crush from the top turtle I would counter with a well timed armbar and when I would play Psuedo Crack Head control to pump pump pass push armbar. I did show many pointers to the much more experienced kanehara and 1 to Kikuno, and started doing kikuno's double arm arm breath reset fighting stance thing back to him and learned by watching his counter cork screw punch,discussed and worked on me learning his "crescent moon" kick he nails people to the liver with the ball of his foot.
1/30/10 12:07 AM
Poopyface TomatoNose

DanTheWolfman via submission uncommonly used in the 2nd.
1/30/10 12:07 AM
MakeMeBleed
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

let him fight James Toney
1/30/10 12:12 AM
Russell Schenck
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FFI/Pro Managment LLC , Matchmaker/Owner
Scott "The Bear" Barrett is the perfect fit for this fight... 9-1 record cuts to 265lb. 8 of his 9 wins are by TKO with 7 in first round. The 8th TKO would have been round 1 but the fight was three minute rounds and he finished Nathan Kirby in first minute of second round..

He is a beast and was beating Chad Corvin (who just signed with UFC) when he suffered a knee injury for his only loss by injury.

Joe make it happen....
1/30/10 12:16 AM
DanTheWolfman

lol at PfTN

TK/Hunt is sick so far on Pride Best SPIKE-now did I never see this fight before!!!
1/30/10 12:26 AM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 01/30/10 12:37 AM
a 9-1 285 lber with KO power is too risky IMO

Honestly,

If this was Gracie's second fight in UFC that would be ok or against my old friend Big Ben, but Big Ben this time would be too risky as he would have an app. 67% chance of winning IMO

Toney would be cool, but not for Gracie's first ufc fight as well couldn't hype it right. They want to try to build him and get him over ufc jitters.

that's why a guy like me almost kinda makes sense-one without huge KO power (though I do hit hard according to guys I've fought), one without too many more fights than him, one with enough grappling ability and sub defense to make for some exciting sub defenses and transitions, and James Toney would cost 1 million and a guy like me would cost $3000
1/30/10 12:43 AM
MakeMeBleed
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana make it happen
1/30/10 12:53 AM
Rumbler

CRE - James Toney would fucking kill Rolles Gracie

9mm ?
1/30/10 12:55 AM
MakeMeBleed

toney wouldnt even get the first jab off before he was smashed into the cage taken down and choked out

32 sec arm triangle
1/30/10 12:56 AM
Rumbler

MakeMeBleed -  toney wouldnt even get the first jab off before he was smashed into the cage taken down and choked out

32 sec arm triangle

Facking literal Larry over here...
1/30/10 12:57 AM
Russell Schenck
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FFI/Pro Managment LLC , Matchmaker/Owner
Scott Barrett is a great Wrestler and throws bombs...

It would be his debut in the UFC.. Trial by fire I say....

Dana make it so...
1/30/10 1:15 AM
DanTheWolfman

Sounds like your guy Scott Barrett would be better off fighting that Steven Struve guy or someone like that

I agree with duck under change levels under rt hand to takedown to mount to armtriangle in theoretical Gracie/Toney matchup lol
1/30/10 1:34 AM
DanTheWolfman

Cain V. by Double Knee Ride, I think he did it 3 times against Big Ben if I remember correctly

I taught the double knee ride to a Air Force Investiger rears ago in Japan on the base and some other stuff, because every fight when your carrying grappling is different when you got to worry about weapon retention and multiple opponents

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.