UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Let's hear it for K-1 level striking!

5/26/13 12:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kneeblock
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -

lol

Hey there's still Spong right!

Come on, 100 year old Hunt vs. Longer reach young Lion JDS is no bellwether.

May as well say mundial level BJJ and Olympic level wrestling are pointless because some guys don't transition well. Phone Post
5/26/13 12:24 AM
Zanzoken
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hunt fought well tonight

OP is a douche
5/26/13 12:26 AM
Mufasatheking
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kneeblock - 
orcus -

lol

May as well say mundial level BJJ and Olympic level wrestling are pointless because some guys don't transition well. Phone Post

I think thats the point.

Everyone knows that a d1/olympic wrestler wont just take everyone down with ease.

They also know that an ADCC champ cant just pull guard and get the sub in a couple of minutes.

But theres still people who think a k1 striker would humiliate everyone the feet, when thats clearly not the case.

And smh at the "hes out of his prime" stuff when nobody mentioned it beforehand
5/26/13 12:30 AM
Rimbaud
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"And smh at the "he's out of his prime" stuff when nobdy mentioned it beforehand"

You're saying Hunt isn't out of his prime?

5/26/13 12:34 AM
slamming

Lol Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 12:35 AM
D241

Mufasatheking - 
Kneeblock - 
orcus -

lol

I think thats the point.

Everyone knows that a d1/olympic wrestler wont just take everyone down with ease.

They also know that an ADCC champ cant just pull guard and get the sub in a couple of minutes.

But theres still people who think a k1 striker would humiliate everyone the feet, when thats clearly not the case.

Voted up except for original quote. Excellent points that probably won't be addressed Mufasatheking.

Voted up to Zanzoken as well.

5/26/13 12:40 AM
mma ray
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mufasatheking - 
Kneeblock - 
orcus -

lol

I think thats the point.

Not to make excuses as to "out of his prime", but he is 39 and was kickboxing back in the 90's.
5/26/13 12:46 AM
mma ray
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

39 years old with over 60 fights(boxing, kickboxing, and mma) and still fought JDS better than any of the heavies in the world right now besides cain and maybe DC.
OP is just looking to hate on K-1
5/26/13 12:48 AM
D241

Ideally, JDS vs Hunt of 7 years ago in a 5 round fight would be the best.

Hunt as of now, has improved his ground game, but has slowed in reflexes.

I would like to see how JDS of now vs Hunt of then in a 5 round or fight to the finish fight would play out.

As it is, JDS looked impressive. He has such a wide torso and really knows how to generate power from his body frame. He's young and athletic, great attitude and team, and if he works on his wrestling, he could be a force.

5/26/13 1:38 AM
StretchPlum

He's 8 years out of his prime.
5/26/13 1:43 AM
funwithbakedgoods

It's worth being said that striking in the ring is a lot different than striking in the cage!
5/26/13 1:54 AM
Purgey
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -  Too bad Manhoef doesn't have Nick Diaz's chin and power, maybe he could have climbed the Strikeforce ranks!
Found this gem of a post. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 1:54 AM
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode
408 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Y'all posting in an orcus thread.
5/26/13 2:02 AM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rimbaud -

"And smh at the "he's out of his prime" stuff when nobdy mentioned it beforehand"

I don't think classification of Hunt's prime is possible in the context of his whole career. He was incredibly inconsistent as a kick boxer, and only received his K-1 tourney shot that led to his championship due to crazy circumstances(that he obviously made the best of). And in MMA he started out strong but obviously ignorant to many parts of the game, then hit a massive low point in his career despite being physically still pretty well off, and now that he's older and has slowed, he's technically better(in an MMA context) than ever and is winning fights/being competitive in fights that he would have lost as a younger man. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 2:02 AM
GARRYD

Go find my thread where i said Cigano would out box Hunt ,everyone said i was crazy , Hunt K1 striking just didn't have the skill to deal with a text book jab from Dos Santos .
5/26/13 2:11 AM
John M
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinQ - 
Rimbaud -

I don't think classification of Hunt's prime is possible in the context of his whole career. He was incredibly inconsistent as a kick boxer, and only received his K-1 tourney shot that led to his championship due to crazy circumstances(that he obviously made the best of). And in MMA he started out strong but obviously ignorant to many parts of the game, then hit a massive low point in his career despite being physically still pretty well off, and now that he's older and has slowed, he's technically better(in an MMA context) than ever and is winning fights/being competitive in fights that he would have lost as a younger man. Phone Post 3.0

Good post. Kind of hard to tell when Hunt's prime is/was.
5/26/13 2:12 AM
Smith1234
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love the Hunt is shot posts.

That was an incredible and dominant performance by Dos Santos. I'm not taking an inch from what he did.

When one of JDS opponents dropped all we heard on here was that Hunt is a HORRIBLE match up for JDS. And that JDS hasn't proven his standup against the likes of Hunt.

Well hot damn he just did it in brutal and spectacular performance. THAT IS THE RIGHT TAKE AWAY. LEAVE THE HUNT IS SHOT BS OUT OF HERE. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 2:14 AM
MEOWticket
363 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hunt hits harder than Cain according to Junior. Phone Post
5/26/13 2:24 AM
JCON
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watch the replay. Hunt went to block. It landed perfect. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 6:51 AM
Shogun121
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How has orcus been around this long and still proven his stupidity and not learned a single thing?

If orcus thinks mark hunt who won the k-1 gp 12 years ago is still the cream of the crop in kickboxing then i feel very sorry for him.

Why dont i lol when tim sylvia is beaten if we want to discuss champs that were beaten recently? Because thats about what its compared to.
5/26/13 6:53 AM
Shogun121
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GARRYD - Go find my thread where i said Cigano would out box Hunt ,everyone said i was crazy , Hunt K1 striking just didn't have the skill to deal with a text book jab from Dos Santos .

Hunt's k-1 striking? You mean his k-1 striking from 12 years ago?

Todays k-1 top strikers are guys like badr hari, tyrone spong, gokhan saki, petrosyan.

Its embarrassing coming on the ug at times with noobs who have no idea. Why dont we discuss when washed up ufc fighters loose fights, because that is whats comparable here.
5/26/13 7:08 AM
Sudo21
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hunt is nowhere near his the striking level he had in K1, but he is still to much for almost anyone in HW roster. And JDS got hit, much more than with anyone else (except Cain).

Also, this is MMA not K1. In K1 ring i guarantee you that Hunt would beat JDS.

- ring is smaller than cage so JDS wouldn't be able to move that much
- rules are different (Hunt would chop his legs off with kicks)
- Hunt would be much more relaxed when he doesn't have to worry about takedown.
5/26/13 7:41 AM
GARRYD

Bottom line is Hunt got out boxed from bell one , JDS was hitting him from range, keeping his right hand high and breaking Hunt down from behind that Jab, in round three JDS landed that left hook that had Hunt out on his feet , but who thought that JDS had a kick like that in him lol
Very good fight but JDS proved he is the top of the tree when it comes to boxing/striking in the UFC HW devision .
5/26/13 7:42 AM
shatefak

Are you guys saying top k1 level striking is bad? Mark fought amazingly against a much younger, faster former champ. Jds has amazing striking aswell. Stop mocking these fighters you dummies. Hunt is 39. Id like to see your athletic abilities at that age. Phone Post
5/26/13 7:53 AM
Enamoratu
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode - Y'all posting in an orcus thread.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.