UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Let's hear it for K-1 level striking!

5/27/13 11:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pro Ice has an awesome thread, MMA vs K1.

From 1994 to 2010, fights in either K1 or mma involving mma vs k1 fighters.

Results speak for themselves.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1847110

5/28/13 1:27 AM
WrestlingSucks
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

K1 fighters fight way more often on average than UFC fighters and generally have limited cross training when they make the switch to mma.

In fact, most K1 guys use MMA as a way to continue their career when their skills aren't up to snuff in k1 any longer.

If Masato or Buakaw came over to UFC tomorrow, you would see Aldo shooting double legs like his life depended on it.
5/29/13 12:31 AM
D241

I just looked over the dates of this thread, everytime it was ttt'd.

Strange thing, whenever Overeem was dominating in Strikeforce and kicking Brock's ass, this thread wasn't getting ttt'd. When Hunt was on his win streak, TS didn't comment on this thread.

The last two times this thread was updated

When Overeem LOST to Bigfoot

When Hunt LOST to JDS.

Agenda anyone?

5/29/13 2:10 AM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 -

Strange thing, whenever Overeem was dominating in Strikeforce and kicking Brock's ass, this thread wasn't getting ttt'd. When Hunt was on his win streak, TS didn't comment on this thread.

When Hunt LOST to JDS.

Agenda anyone?

Between the OP date and the current date, Overeem had a grand total of one dominating fight in SF. The Rogers fight. The Werdum fight was anything but a domination and would have been a perfectly acceptable time to TTT this thread because it showed the flaws inherent in Overeem's style as he jumped back to MMA from kickboxing. Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 2:35 AM
GARRYD

Am i wrong but for the cage i will pick Ciganos boxing over any K1 guy fighting in mma today .
Pro boxer Tyson Fury has been sparring/ training with a lot of K1 fighters recently , I speak to his trainer an uncle Peter Fury who told me the K1 guys pure boxing leaves much to be desired .
The one K1 fighters boxing he did rate tho was Albert Kraus , told me that guy could of made a top level pro if he had went for it a few years back . Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 2:45 AM
Frobenius
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GARRYD - Am i wrong but for the cage i will pick Ciganos boxing over any K1 guy fighting in mma today .
Pro boxer Tyson Fury has been sparring/ training with a lot of K1 fighters recently , I speak to his trainer an uncle Peter Fury who told me the K1 guys pure boxing leaves much to be desired .
The one K1 fighters boxing he did rate tho was Albert Kraus , told me that guy could of made a top level pro if he had went for it a few years back . Phone Post 3.0
So you're telling me that people who only train boxing are better than people that don't, at boxing.... Groundbreaking. Phone Post
5/29/13 2:55 AM
D241

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1831888

I tried to go to that link but I get a message saying there's malware and I don't even have the option to proceed anyways I have to click go back.

Can someone ttt that thread for orcus please?

5/29/13 2:56 AM
D241

Anytime orcus makes a thread with Fedor, Pride, BJ, Penn, k1, in the title, they should get the same message I get when I try to visit his "lol @k1 striking" thread

Danger: Malware Ahead!
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on www.mixedmartialarts.com.
Content from theskrilla.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity
5/29/13 3:05 AM
GARRYD

Frobenius - 
GARRYD - Am i wrong but for the cage i will pick Ciganos boxing over any K1 guy fighting in mma today .
So you're telling me that people who only train boxing are better than people that don't, at boxing.... Groundbreaking. Phone Post

I think what peter was trying to say was that it was a lot worse than you would think ,he said that some of them were actually awful at pure boxing.
Although like i said he did sing the praises of Albert Kraus .
5/29/13 3:14 AM
D241

GriffinQ - 
D241 -

When Hunt LOST to JDS.

Agenda anyone?

Between the OP date and the current date, Overeem had a grand total of one dominating fight in SF. The Rogers fight. The Werdum fight was anything but a domination and would have been a perfectly acceptable time to TTT this thread because it showed the flaws inherent in Overeem's style as he jumped back to MMA from kickboxing. Phone Post 3.0

Instead of ttt'ing this thread, he created his own LOL@K1 STRIKING thread

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1831888

See the date? Right after Werdum fought Overeem.

He wasn't talking shit when AO manhandled Rogers. He wasn't talking shit when he ran through UFC HW Todd Duffee in 14 seconds, he didn't ttt this thread or make a lol @k1 striking thread when Overeem smashed Brock.

Like I said, AGENDA

5/29/13 3:26 AM
WALES1

Smashed Lesnar? Lesnar got up straight away without a mark on him when the fight was stopped.

The only guy with a cut on him in that fight was Reem.

But well done on Reem, roided to the max, beating a guy with body shots less than 6 months after major surgery to his guts. Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 3:31 AM
WoodenPupa
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll say this about K-1 fighters in MMA, they're rarely in a dull fight. I can't even think of one at the moment, though I'm sure multiple wrestlefucks are on record. Those aren't what come to mind when I think of K-1 strikers in MMA though.
5/29/13 3:37 AM
Jons Forsberg

WALES1 - Smashed Lesnar? Lesnar got up straight away without a mark on him when the fight was stopped.

But well done on Reem, roided to the max, beating a guy with body shots less than 6 months after major surgery to his guts. Phone Post 3.0

LOL @ you.
5/29/13 3:52 AM
WALES1

Jons Forsberg -
WALES1 - Smashed Lesnar? Lesnar got up straight away without a mark on him when the fight was stopped.

LOL @ you.
LOL @ you.

Please HL the high level KI striking in that fight?

Cain destroyed Lesnar.

Carwin did more damage than Reem. Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 4:01 AM
Jons Forsberg

Overeem beat the feces out of Brock, you're just a sad, sad man.
5/29/13 4:08 AM
WALES1

Can't pin point anything?

No examples? Nothing?

You would use Reem/Lesnar as an example of high level KI striking crossing over to MMA? Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 4:12 AM
Jons Forsberg

who cares what level it was, he beat him until Brock curled into a ball and said 'no mas'.
5/29/13 4:44 AM
JCON
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Manhoefs first fight was in 1995. Damn, that's a crazy amount of fights. I wish Dana would sign him for pure excitement. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.