UnderGround Forums

Michigan Underground >> Offical F*CK Matt Flynn thread

1/31/10 1:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lil Katai
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Flynn has A LOT of angry PRO fighters looking his way.
1/31/10 10:12 AM
SpacemanSpiff

Marie,

I have a lot of respect for you and have been pretty public about that fact; so I hope we can keep this civil.

Where was your outrage two weeks ago when Matt was scrambling to keep a show together because Donofrio had poached fighters that had committed to fight for him; putting his card and show and those other profighter's bouts in jeopardy?
1/31/10 10:23 AM
BadBradBurrick

SpacemanSpiff - Marie,

I have a lot of respect for you and have been pretty public about that fact; so I hope we can keep this civil.

Where was your outrage two weeks ago when Matt was scrambling to keep a show together because Donofrio had poached fighters that had committed to fight for him; putting his card and show and those other profighter's bouts in jeopardy?

I have to agree with SpacemanSpiff.  I'd also like to add people must remember these are businessmen that are in competition with each other. 
1/31/10 10:58 AM
Rainmaker911

ATTENTION ANGRY PRO FIGHTERS LOOKING MY WAY

Make sure that you go 2 xcclive.com & fill out a fighter form.

The next pro event March 6 - XCC will have pro events every 60/90 days (49 days between this 1st 2 pro events)

Hope to put you in front of a hometown crowd ASAP
1/31/10 11:34 AM
Lil Katai

The fact that he fucked a lot of pro fighters out of their pay day at yesterdays show. Show ended up being an all AM show (with no pro fighters on the card, Matt). I understand all this is business and their is going to be comp between promtions but it shouldnt come down to messing with fighters that put in the time to prepare for a fight, sell tickets, and then be told 2 days before the event that their oppt was paid off to not fight. Shouldnt happen with ANY fighter reguardless of the event.

This isnt the first time XCC has tried bringing other events down. Its been going on since XCC first came around. Just ask Phil Davey.

1/31/10 11:47 AM
Train Judo

I dont really know Matt nor the situation, what I do know is, everytime I hear his name there is some dramatic stigma invloved..

But then my name is exactly without tarnish, so who am I to judge..Sucks fighters didnt get paid but atleast they didnt fight and then not get paid.
1/31/10 12:13 PM
Lil Katai

Edited: 01/31/10 12:12 PM
 Fighters also paid all their medicals for this event which was more money out of their pockets.

Nov 2008 I was scheduled to fight and Matt called up my fighters manager and told him not to put his fighter in the cage with me, but he was smart enough not to listen to Matt.

1/31/10 12:14 PM
Angelo Popofski
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's my take on things, and you can take it or leave it. The only reason I feel I have a right to say anything is that I've been doing this a long time and damnit, you young punks are gonna listen to me.

1. Matt Flynn is NOT paying fighters to back out. I can 99.99% promise you that...BUT if he is, than that just speaks to how little fighters value fighting for the other show, and they should be taken better care of...just saying is all.

2. As a pro fighter from Michigan fighting in the 2nd sanctioned fight in the state's history, I'd be pissed if I found out the promoter brought some "Hollywood" guy in to fight in Michigan. I'm guessing this TV guy was guaranteed at least $3,000-$5,000 to show up to Michigan to appear. I'd be pissed that money wasn't spent supporting local fighters.

3. I can't help but laugh every time I read how the show at the Palace was gonna have an entrance ramp and fireworks. Who the f&%k cares?! Again, I'd rather you spent the money on the fighters than bells and whistles. I read one article about this show that said "...the pro show will feature and entrance ramp that is twice as wide as the one used in the amateur show." Wow.. seriously?

We had one guy from our gym fighting on this show...when I found out it wasn't going to be sanctioned I called him to see if he knew. My buddy weighed in, signed a 'contract' and it was never mentioned to him that this would not be a "pro" show. When he found out he was very disappointed and upset. He called the promoter and was literally told "It's okay. Just don't tell anyone, and they won't know the difference." Then he went on to call me unprofessional for telling my friend the truth. Meanwhile, my friend was at the weigh ins from 5-7:30 and nobody told him anything. He had no idea he spent all the time and money on getting licensed and it wasn't even going to be sanctioned.

The promoter of the Palace fights has been making jabs in all the articles about how the XCC is not a pro show because it's held in places like the Royal Oak Theater...well, everyone that attended that first pro show said how nice the venue was and how professional it looked. Being a professional show is about the fighters and how they are treated...not about the lights and dancing girls. Again, this is just my 02 cents as an old timer. Thanks for reading.
1/31/10 12:15 PM
Lil Katai

Rainmaker911 - ATTENTION ANGRY PRO FIGHTERS LOOKING MY WAY

Make sure that you go 2 xcclive.com & fill out a fighter form.

The next pro event March 6 - XCC will have pro events every 60/90 days (49 days between this 1st 2 pro events)

Hope to put you in front of a hometown crowd ASAP

Good luck with that cause you pissed off more people than you had before.
1/31/10 12:25 PM
SpacemanSpiff

Again I feel the need to point out that Flynn only did what been done to him by Donofrio two weeks prior.
1/31/10 12:30 PM
Brandon TheSissy Gallo

Promoters are not fighters and only care about their bottom line. This has bean going on way before mma was called mma. Knowing some of the fighters and their families that were planning on getting paid then didn't pisses me off. Fighters risk alot for a payday and when that payday doesn't happen they are the only ones that suffer. Promoters should have alot more respect for fighters even if they fight on rival promotions. I dont know Matt but I am loyal to my friends so what comes around goes around.
1/31/10 12:33 PM
miman

Matt is a pice of shit, everyone knows it.
1. Owned a gym for what 2 seconds. LOL
2. HIS OWN First PRO SHOW ( NOT HIS - you mean Greg Armes ) Because he can't get a pro promoters licence because of legal problems. - He sure talks like it his though.
3. Talks shit about about every other show out there and trys to put them out of BS. TXC - Daveys Show - now the Palace show.
Has a show every weekend and puts guys in the cage that are completly untrained and make the sport look like shit.
4. King of the Cage Promoter LOL Lost most of those show.
I could go on and on...
1/31/10 12:38 PM
TheBean

Fact is Matt had most of Mi best fighters at his Pro show. Can't wait for the next One 3/6/10.
1/31/10 12:47 PM
SpacemanSpiff

miman - 
I could go on and on...

In continued anonymity I'm sure. :)
1/31/10 12:47 PM
thewood

Feb 20 Battle at the Border 7 USA vs CANADA
Port Huron, Michigan
2525 Dove st
Port Huron Armouries
gates 630 doors 730

i will personally bring a whack of canadian fighters to kick the hell out of matt and his xcc fighters. hope to see u there

tickets available at www.tickets.com
1/31/10 12:58 PM
Lil Katai

miman - Matt is a pice of shit, everyone knows it.
1. Owned a gym for what 2 seconds. LOL
2. HIS OWN First PRO SHOW ( NOT HIS - you mean Greg Armes ) Because he can't get a pro promoters licence because of legal problems. - He sure talks like it his though.
3. Talks shit about about every other show out there and trys to put them out of BS. TXC - Daveys Show - now the Palace show.
Has a show every weekend and puts guys in the cage that are completly untrained and make the sport look like shit.
4. King of the Cage Promoter LOL Lost most of those show.
I could go on and on...
Puts guy in there that are completly untraining ................ yes he does.
Had a young kid come into Eastside a few months back asking about how he can get started in some training. After talking with him for a few he went on to say how he had a fight coming up at the end of the month in XCC. When asked if he had ever trained before he said "No. I just want to try this out". He was then asked, "You want to try this out by jumping right into the cage with out having any other training?" ...... he said that "Matt told him he would be fighting another guy that Matt said had no experience".

1/31/10 5:16 PM
dom10
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ATTENTION!!! I hate you all. lol. bottom line is, promoters tend to be scumbags. they take turns f#cking each other. and in the end the only people that actually get hurt are those of us trying to make a living in this sport. "he's doing back what was done to him" "that shows a joke" blah blah blh. i'll let you guys in on a little secret. I WANT TO FIGHT. i don't care what the stage looks like, i don't care if there's fireworks, a dancing monkeys, and a Michael Jackson lookalike. pay me and i'll fight. if they spent less time trying to one up each other, and just left it alone. knowing good and hell well we can all coexist. we could have a lot more guys getting a steady paycheck.
1/31/10 6:31 PM
dc1

Man - I feel alot of negative energy here LOL
1/31/10 7:02 PM
glock4life
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rule number one- ALL PROMOTERS ARE SCUMBAGS!

They can't help it, it's in their nature.

Or at least treat them that way until they prove themselves otherwise.

1/31/10 7:43 PM
StephenJaskulski

It shall be a long time before we have stability in Michigan MMA. Pro shows are new to the state. No more non-weight class 4 man tournaments (which I was referring to). Michigan MMA has to reform to be taken seriously. If Dom wants to fight here, he should be allowed. Matt needs to accept that Dom will sell him a lot of tickets and get on with it. If we are serious about MMA in Michigan we can't place "karate kids" against the "veterans" over the whole fight card..........We have held enough amateur shows to be progressing. Instead, we are repetitively looking foolish..."business" whatever. We have top quality fighters that need to be displayed. Enough pro grappling matches or 36 fights on a fight card....people WILL pay to see 6, 7 or 8 quality fights on a card every few months....STOP making MI MMA look like a dam curious (it should be clear who).
1/31/10 8:09 PM
Train Judo

"Fighters also paid all their medicals for this event which was more money out of their pockets."

They need those anyway though dont they? To be liscenced? granted there arent many shows here a year to make it worth it, I suppose..
1/31/10 8:29 PM
Lil Katai

StephenJaskulski - It shall be a long time before we have stability in Michigan MMA. Pro shows are new to the state. No more non-weight class 4 man tournaments (which I was referring to). Michigan MMA has to reform to be taken seriously. If Dom wants to fight here, he should be allowed. Matt needs to accept that Dom will sell him a lot of tickets and get on with it. If we are serious about MMA in Michigan we can't place "karate kids" against the "veterans" over the whole fight card..........We have held enough amateur shows to be progressing. Instead, we are repetitively looking foolish..."business" whatever. We have top quality fighters that need to be displayed. Enough pro grappling matches or 36 fights on a fight card....people WILL pay to see 6, 7 or 8 quality fights on a card every few months....STOP making MI MMA look like a dam curious (it should be clear who).
I agree

1/31/10 8:32 PM
Lil Katai

Train Judo - "Fighters also paid all their medicals for this event which was more money out of their pockets."

They need those anyway though dont they? To be liscenced? granted there arent many shows here a year to make it worth it, I suppose..

Q, they do need their medicals to be liscened. Some of the fighters it was going to be their first pro fight and they were hoping for a pay day to pay for those medicals instead of having to pull from their own pockets.
2/1/10 11:24 AM
Damon Peterson

first things first brad johnson had a contract not to fight within 30 days or when the fsn show airs. so stop the he was going to fight bs, b/c he wasn't he's in nevada, bottom line. as far as the donofrio pro show went if a fighter backed out b/c he got paid, let's you know where his priorities lie. Matt scrambled like hell the 14th to get his fighters licensed paid everything.  if donofrio cared more about the fighters then he should have paid for the licenses, and not the fighters, period. donofrio needs to spend less on bling and more in the fighters purses, agreed. no fighters care about pyro and lighted catwalks, it's about fighting in front of friends and family, and getting paid to do it. what we as fighters want is to get paid a decent wage for putting our hearts, souls, schools and training on display for the world to see and doing what we love. stop all this bickering b/c remember every1 else can read these posts and we sound like a bunch of bitches and pussies. stop the blame game and see how we can fix the problems and make future shows better.
2/1/10 1:38 PM
Train Judo

"Q, they do need their medicals to be liscened. Some of the fighters it was going to be their first pro fight and they were hoping for a pay day to pay for those medicals instead of having to pull from their own pockets."

Understood..It wouldnt be as big a deal if there were more pro shows here to make getting them worth while..Its like I was telling Gardner..It isnt even worth it yet because there are hardly enough shows to even make getting licensed worth the cost of doing so..

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.