UnderGround Forums

Michigan Underground >> 1st PRO show

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/1/10 3:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rainmaker911
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here ia article that was posted on sportssummary.com after shows were announced at a commission meeting back in Nov.

Pro Shows Coming in January
Posted: November 23, 2009

Promoters are working on bringing professional MMA fights to Michigan fans early next year.

Two promoters are planning shows in the second half of January but no one has yet requested a show date with state officials, who must approve the fight cards and assign inspectors to oversee the action.

Promoter Greg Ahrens has announced that boxer Vernon Paris will make his pro MMA debut on January 16, 2010 while promoter Joseph Donofrio is putting together a show for January 30.

WOW - kinda looks like the Palace show was NEVER gonna be the 1st pro show. Maybe Donofrio didn't remember hearing Mr Ahrens announce it at the commission meeting or when he spoke with Mr Ahrens after the meeting. or maybe he does not look on sportssummary.com even thouicles are geared towards himgh all the art
2/1/10 3:40 PM
Rainmaker911

Kinda like when Tanya Harding was supposed to fight at the palace. Donofrio claims the state stopped him at the last minute. However, He knew she could not fight b4 he even booked her because she is a pro in other states. He just wanted to deceive the public once again in order to help put people in the seats. I wonder what gimmick he will pull the next time.

MAIN EVENT

Elvis Presley vs Michael Jackson
2/1/10 4:11 PM
StephenL

matt, you don't need to waste your time here. you and joe need to be in front of the UCC taking care of this.

stephen
2/1/10 6:47 PM
Rainmaker911

I agree.

I'm sure he will be getting a love letter or two from them.

Stephen - sorry for all the post. I'm just trying to get up to your average daily post of 7.58679707 (over the past 2863 days / give or take a few) JK/LOL

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.