UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Dallas Cowboys

10/19/11 9:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HEMAN
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Report indicates Jason Garrett made the calls to finish the game with RUN plays...hence MANAGE the game with a 3 point lead. This will work with average QBs...not the ELITEs...like TOM BRADY etc...

Additionally...Tony is being asked to get the ball out faster than usual. Hence Miles, Dez and Witten were not a factor. The issue is his OLINE doesn't allow him enough time for deep routes to develop. Hence they are running those short to mid range routes. The interior GUARDs play seem to be the problem. They have just re signed Holland and another Guard for depth. Holland may start against the Rams. Dockery will be back soon. Hopefully this will help with Romo's pass protection...otherwise he's going to get killed like last year.
10/19/11 4:31 PM
PoundforPound
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The O-line wasn't addressed as much as it should have been in the offseason. And while I think Tyron Smith is going to be a good one even he was making some bonehead plays last Sunday.
10/19/11 4:41 PM
Caleb
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The O-line is still much better than it was last year IMO. Romo is getting enough protection for the most part.. his WR's are just running the wrong routes and not looking for the ball half the time.
10/19/11 5:43 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caleb - The O-line is still much better than it was last year IMO. Romo is getting enough protection for the most part.. his WR's are just running the wrong routes and not looking for the ball half the time.

No No No. Don't you read the news? It is ALL Romo's fault. The receivers run perfect routes. The head coach calls a perfect game. The o-line is better than the 93 Cowboys.  Only Romo is to blame.

Kidding aside, it is good to see that you guys are looking past Romo. He has fucked up big time in a couple of games. But he is not the only one, and I feel sorry for the guy, the amount of heat he takes for the losses.

10/19/11 6:25 PM
PoundforPound
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eh, Romo deserves his share of the blame. He has made some very stupid throws.
10/20/11 6:33 AM
strontium90
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Patriots were real pinheads, wearing their white jerseys so as to force the Cowboys to wear their blue jerseys, when New England hasn't worn white at home for years that I can remember.

But hey, Dallas covered the spread anyway, just like I picked them to.
10/20/11 3:30 PM
HEMAN
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caleb - The O-line is still much better than it was last year IMO. Romo is getting enough protection for the most part.. his WR's are just running the wrong routes and not looking for the ball half the time.

I do agree it is much better but not where it needs to be at to allow long range passing. Additionally, we have no run game because the OLINE is smaller and doesn't open many holes. I really think we need to MAX protect Romo in the I formation or weak/strong formation using the RB and FB as blockers. Dez/Miles and Witten( OUR PLAYMAKERS ) can beat man to man and zone coverages. Romo when having time can get them the ball and the WRs can have the time to get seperations. But it seems JG as usual has every1 run out including the RBs and FBs. 1.5 seconds later ROMO get smacked.
10/24/11 11:51 AM
SiftMyMind
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/24/11 11:52 AM
10/24/11 11:53 AM
SiftMyMind

HEMAN - 

I do agree it is much better but not where it needs to be at to allow long range passing. Additionally, we have no run game because the OLINE is smaller and doesn't open many holes. I really think we need to MAX protect Romo in the I formation or weak/strong formation using the RB and FB as blockers. Dez/Miles and Witten( OUR PLAYMAKERS ) can beat man to man and zone coverages. Romo when having time can get them the ball and the WRs can have the time to get seperations. But it seems JG as usual has every1 run out including the RBs and FBs. 1.5 seconds later ROMO get smacked.

Don't look now, but Dallas may have just found its run game with DeMarco Murray (and with Montre Holland opening the holes)!

10/24/11 12:04 PM
SiftMyMind

Hope Murray is able to follow up this big performance with another productive day vs. Philadelphia.
This would convince that his performance wasn't just a flash in the pan.
10/24/11 12:06 PM
SiftMyMind

The rest of the games on the schedule are all winable
(games against the Giants, the Bucs and the Bills being the most difficult)

10/24/11 4:27 PM
PoundforPound

DeMarco Murray played well last week too, when Montrae Holland wasn't around. So I'm hoping that he is just that damn good.

What a steal he will be for us if he keeps playing like this.
10/27/11 4:40 PM
HEMAN

I would temper the DeMarco hype...it was the RAMS! Now the Eagles are horrendous at stopping the run. They have good cover corners though. Keep it simple by getting the balls into our playmakers and shutdown VICK and MCCOY.
10/28/11 12:51 PM
SiftMyMind

Edited: 10/28/11 12:51 PM
10/28/11 12:51 PM
SiftMyMind

With Bruce Carter being placed on the 53 man roster, someone is going to have to be cut.
Who will it be?

10/28/11 1:04 PM
HEMAN

LOL...future ILBs are BRUCE/LEE.
10/28/11 3:13 PM
SiftMyMind

HEMAN - LOL...future ILBs are BRUCE/LEE.

Bruce Lee was a beast.
So that's a good omen.

10/28/11 5:58 PM
Caleb
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SiftMyMind - With Bruce Carter being placed on the 53 man roster, someone is going to have to be cut.
Who will it be?

Choice, Ogletree, or Bennett would be fine with me. :)
10/28/11 9:11 PM
PoundforPound

It will be interesting to see exactly what we have in Bruce Carter. But the team's problems haven't really been on the defensive end.
10/29/11 6:03 PM
SiftMyMind

Caleb - 
SiftMyMind - With Bruce Carter being placed on the 53 man roster, someone is going to have to be cut.
Who will it be?

Choice, Ogletree, or Bennett would be fine with me. :)

Turned out to be Choice

10/29/11 6:07 PM
BJJkilla
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

now choice doesn't have to be ashamed when he asks vick for an autograph since he's no longer a cowboy.

eagles run D is shit so i expect the cowboys to run all over them but i still pick the eagles to win a shoot out with some help to mr. 4th quarter turnover machine tony romo.
10/31/11 5:23 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJkilla -

Cowboys run D is shit so i expect the Eagles to run all over them but i still pick the eagles to win a shoot out with some help to mr. 4th quarter turnover machine tony romo.
Fixed :)

10/31/11 5:23 PM
Waylay

BJJkilla -

Cowboys run D is shit so i expect the Eagles to run all over them but i still pick the eagles to win a shoot out with some help to mr. 4th quarter turnover machine tony romo.
Fixed :)

10/31/11 7:03 PM
PoundforPound

Edited: 10/31/11 7:06 PM
The D sucked and the O was toothless. Just a horrible performance all around.

The offensive line seems to deserve the bulk of the criticism on that side of the ball. Costa stinks and Tyron Smith is looking like the rookie he is.

Not sure what the hell happened on the defensive side. But everyone not named DeMarcus Ware has to share in the blame.
10/31/11 9:39 PM
Tommy Gunnz
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/31/11 9:39 PM
I would like to see the Jets take a flier out on Choice........he can't possibly be worse than Shonn Green/LT

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.