UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Dallas Cowboys

1/11/12 10:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HEMAN
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For Cowboys fans, Bob Sturm is hands down the best Cowboys reporter we ever had. This guy analyze games and provides some of the most indepth game reporting I've ever seen. Here is his site and ENJOY:

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/
1/11/12 2:04 PM
PoundforPound
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/11/12 2:10 PM
Good analysis at that website, HEMAN.

Here are a few of the names being thrown out for our #14 pick, some may be gone by that point in the draft:

Morris Claiborne CB
Dre Kirpatrick CB
David DeCastro G
Peter Konz C
Melvin Ingram DT
Courtney Upshaw OLB

An interesting idea is that we sign Saints guard Carl Nicks in free agency then try to pick up guard David DeCastro in the draft. This would give us a very strong O-line but doesn't address any of the defensive problems.
1/11/12 2:39 PM
SiftMyMind
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronnell Lewis OLB
1/11/12 9:43 PM
Joulnx

What about Dennard the CB from Nebraska? Every mock draft I've looked at has the boys taking this guy.
1/12/12 4:27 AM
PoundforPound
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Janoris Jenkins too.

I don't like that Dennard and Jenkins are on the shorter side for CB, they might not match up well against the big and tall receivers in the league.
1/12/12 3:52 PM
HEMAN
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

P4P...I agree with the accessment of beefing up the OLINE. ROMO needs to be protected. He's our ACE in the hole. He's the only one that can get us a win. We have big play WRs( Robinson, Austin and Dez ). We have a pro bowl TE in Witten. Draft David DeCastro Guard and FA sign Carl Nicks and we'll have a talented OLINE for years. Additionally, let's give Smith a try at LT and move Free back to RT. The CENTER position would be the only CONCERN. Costa is not strong enough.
1/12/12 4:42 PM
HEMAN

Defense...we need a CB and a PASS RUSH.

CB FA: Finnigan/Carr/Thomas.

Pass Rush??? I think to start is to move Ratliff to DE. Either start the other Lissemore or FA a STOP GAP. I would love to sign RED BRYANT...but he is not leaving Seattle. An OLB is needed...Spencer didn't show much...but he's the best in the market. MARIO Williams will prob. be re sign or franchised by the Texans.
1/17/12 11:58 AM
HEMAN

Mario is not re signing with the Texans...interesting...
1/18/12 4:04 AM
PoundforPound

He's going to want too much money. And can he play in a 3-4 D?
1/18/12 4:46 AM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - He's going to want too much money. And can he play in a 3-4 D?
He was playing in. 3-4 D before his injury. He was playing very well. And he made the switch with the shortened off season. As an Eagles fan, I pray Mario doesn't come to our division. Phone Post
1/18/12 4:26 PM
PoundforPound

Was he playing outside linebacker or defensive end? Didn't catch too many Houston games this season.
1/18/12 7:06 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was playing OLB. He was being used like Ware though, mostly pass rushing.
1/19/12 9:06 AM
HEMAN

PoundforPound - Was he playing outside linebacker or defensive end? Didn't catch too many Houston games this season.

Nevermind. Looks like Houston wants him back. At this point...the only OLB that would make a difference is SPENCER.
1/20/12 4:45 AM
PoundforPound

I'm fine with keeping Spencer.

To get more pass rush we could try moving Jay Ratliff to defensive end and getting a big nose tackle to plug the middle.

Or if we keep Rat at nose then get a pass rushing defensive end to play beside him.
1/21/12 3:44 AM
SiftMyMind

Edited: 01/21/12 3:45 AM
1/21/12 3:45 AM
SiftMyMind

Good article about which starters need to be replaced and who might be in-line to replace them:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4689483/which-starters-should-cowboys-replace

1/21/12 7:28 PM
PoundforPound

^I wouldn't mind having Green Bay's center.
3/15/12 1:44 PM
HEMAN

CB Brandon Carr signed.
Backup QBKyle Orton signed.
FS Rodney Poole signed.
FB Lawrence Vickers signed.
Guard Makenzy Bernadeau signed.
3/15/12 10:29 PM
PoundforPound

Edited: 03/15/12 10:45 PM
I like that they fixed the secondary. Poole is better than Elam and Carr is way better than the Terrence Newman of last year.

They need to do more with the offensive line though. Makenzy Bernadeau isn't going to cut it. And an upgrade at defensive end would be good too.
3/16/12 3:37 AM
SinCityHustler

Liking where this is going thus far.  
3/16/12 3:45 AM
JayReeee
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good moves so far for the boys!! Phone Post
3/16/12 10:21 AM
HEMAN

Kyle Livingston who is a BIGGGGGGGGGGG guard who started for the Bengals is in play. Makes me wonder if they are still going to go after DeCastro???
3/17/12 4:38 AM
PoundforPound

Kyle Livingston officially signed. Kosier was released.

Panthers and Bengals fans are laughing at us for taking Bernadeau and Livingston off their hands...not a good sign.
3/19/12 12:19 PM
HEMAN

I'm not to sure what Bill Callahan is thinking by picking up these 2. However...I think Callahan sees Livingston as a starter and Bernadeau as a backup. I assume we will still go BPA and draft DeCastro if he falls. Perhaps this is a Leonard Davis situation where they'll move Livingston to RG. Castro( if drafted ) goes to LG to backup Tyron Smith. Bernadeau, Castro, Arkins, Nagy, Kolowski can battle for the Center position and backup swing guards.
3/19/12 3:28 PM
SiftMyMind

Edited: 03/19/12 5:15 PM
OFFENSE:

QB, RB, FB - Starters in place and position has okay depth
- (Obviously, Orton is a great pickup)

WR, TE - Starters in place but could use more depth
- (We will miss Laurent dearly but he would have been too much $ to keep)
- (so far, 3rd/4th WR on roster Kevin Ogletree is a fucking joke!)
- (We need WR/TE depth!)

OLine - Still needs MAJOR work
- (RT-Free and LT-Smith positions are secured)
- (I’m going to reserve judgment re. Centers Nagy and Castro until this year)
- (I’m NOT doing any back flips from acquiring Guards Bernadeau and Livings)

- (All in all, I hope new Off. Line Coordinator Callahan knows something I don’t
because, the truth is, I don’t see the Cowboys drafting much for the OLine in early rounds
esp. after acquiring Bernadeau and Livings and getting Nagy back from injury.)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.